Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No surprise here but Potter is quoted in today’s Argus as saying Cucu takes most of the credit for becoming a world record breaking signing for Chelsea

Of course. Typically generous and self deprecating.

I’ve never once thought Potter isn’t a genuinely top human being. I have wondered if that niceness was blunting our result getting edge. Turns out it wasn’t.

Anyway, we both know the truth :wink: and I think you always have :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yeah shame on him for being keen to take the opportunity to move to a star studded champions league team with potential to challenge for trophies on all counts

Funny how a poster like that describes people with a mature understanding as 'wet'. I tend to believe it's the opposite.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No surprise here but Potter is quoted in today’s Argus as saying Cucu takes most of the credit for becoming a world record breaking signing for Chelsea

Which is true obviously. Lets not get all benwhitey.

Cucurella was excellent when he arrived. I saw him a couple of years ago pretty much single-handedly eat Ajax alive in the Europa League.

Even better now and if he can do some work on his right foot and crossing/finishing, he'll be considered the best left back in the world pretty soon.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yesterday's Hero.

I'm looking forward to seeing who we bring in as a replacement.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I don’t blame Cucu for taking his opportunity. I am saddened at the club's preference, or need , for money over footballing excellence.
At the end of last season we were on the crest of a wave, 9th in the League and daring to dream of future success , even European football. Now we have lost not one but our two best players in the same transfer window.
Now we know. If the price is right we will sell anybody. Next year , I can see the South American boys being on their way if they do well, or Sanchez.. We are a selling club . We kidded ourselves that we had arrived among the big boys but we clearly have not the means to sustain it .
I see us back to bumping along the bottom of the Premier League until , one day , we are relegated. We may be the richest club in the Championship, or lower……..

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don’t blame Cucu for taking his opportunity. I am saddened at the club's preference, or need , for money over footballing excellence.
At the end of last season we were on the crest of a wave, 9th in the League and daring to dream of future success , even European football. Now we have lost not one but our two best players in the same transfer window.
Now we know. If the price is right we will sell anybody. Next year , I can see the South American boys being on their way if they do well, or Sanchez.. We are a selling club . We kidded ourselves that we had arrived among the big boys but we clearly have not the means to sustain it .
I see us back to bumping along the bottom of the Premier League until , one day , we are relegated. We may be the richest club in the Championship, or lower……..

Welcome to reality.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting quotes in the athletic story. He was close to joining Burnley , but chose us (we knew that as Cornet was also in play for both clubs right) but potter, the playing style and saying if a European CL club comes in and meets our asking price you can go in 2 years time. Obviously happened a year early but interesting ‘pitch’ when trying to sign players I guess

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I am surprised that any Albion fan can have a single complaint about how Tony Bloom is running this club. I am living the dream but well aware it will likely end at some stage. Relegation remains a possibility for any smaller club trying live within it's means. I can only say that if it was my pockets that had been emptied to the same degree as TB's as he built the club I'd be well pissed off with anyone who thought I should just keep digging deeper.

The club's mantra of getting players by letting them know we'll let them progress their careers as long as we receive the full financial recompense to let it happen is basically a brilliant way of carrying on business in the money pit that is PL football :shrug:

I have never thought we'd joined the big boys, more that we are punching above our weight. Can't see us ever being up there with the genuine big boys whilst I'm alive.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

We have always known that. Same as every other club. That’s why we get the next round of young starlets in ahead of time. You need to get your head round it otherwise every sale will come as a shock.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1555833807755890688[/tweet]

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Every club is a selling club eventually.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I don't visit other fan forums but after all the fuss on here and now this is all over I went and had a peek at Blue Moon, just the last 3 pages and did find this amusing...

Spoke to the father of Brighton's goalkeeping coach yesterday. He said that Brighton were originally holding out for £37m from City when Chelsea came along with a daft offer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We have always known that. Same as every other club. That’s why we get the next round of young starlets in ahead of time. You need to get your head round it otherwise every sale will come as a shock.

I know it sounds a horrible comparison but we have to think of the youngsters as a crop. We grow them, train them and then either use them in our team and sell them on. Even the ones who don't make it into the team are being sold to lower leagues or abroad. It is how the club is becoming sustainable, and if it wasn't for covid, we wouldn't have a debt.

Jimmy Grimble

‘Played pro evo as Chelsea’ :lolol:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I don't visit other fan forums but after all the fuss on here and now this is all over I went and had a peek at Blue Moon, just the last 3 pages and did find this amusing...

Spoke to the father of Brighton's goalkeeping coach yesterday. He said that Brighton were originally holding out for £37m from City when Chelsea came along with a daft offer.

So our goalkeeper coach's father is Jon Snow.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
‘Played pro evo as Chelsea’ :lolol:

So he was and is a total glory seeker... yeah let’s play pro-evo as one of the best teams in the world... ffs.

Surely we should have asked this question before we signed him... ? Lol... I’m beginning to doubt he had any clue who we were and that Burnley and Brighton are a little bit cheesy chips and chalk.

Obviously the tears were ones of relief about leaving Lancashire with his wheels intact.

That post is brilliant btw, sums it all up for me.

Pro evo, hilarity prevails. Talk about tenuous.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Which completely contradicts what BHA were publically saying last weekend, ie "50m+ or don't even bother to come knocking".

No way was TB holding out for £37m. That is utter bobbins.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I know it sounds a horrible comparison but we have to think of the youngsters as a crop. We grow them, train them and then either use them in our team and sell them on. Even the ones who don't make it into the team are being sold to lower leagues or abroad. It is how the club is becoming sustainable, and if it wasn't for covid, we wouldn't have a debt.

I think it’s fine to describe it in the way you have. The players also get something out of it in income whilst at the club and perhaps a platform to move on to other things.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

No chance when we sold Ben White for £50M. Ben Roberts is hardly likely to know what Weir and Barber were negotiating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here