[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
We didn't care too much when Shane Duffy was deliberately scoring own goals to secure his move to Brighton.
I guess the Blackburn fans were having the same conversation on their message boards at that time.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We have made a lot of money this off season.

Does anyone have any insight into Tony Bloom paying himself back some of the money he has ploughed into the club?

Surley this is a good moment to recover some of his outlay?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Blokes a ****ing cock. Hope he gets shit from our fans. Not many will though, we are way too wet for that.

. . . or we understand how football works and that our whole model of success hinges on the fact that the players we bring in are able to move on to bigger and better things should the opportunity arise (as long as the numbers work out of course).

He would have been sold the club on the basis of it being a stepping stone/place to showcase his skills in order to get a bigger move. It all happened exactly as it was supposed to and no ill feeling to anyone is necessary (aside from City who massively ****ed up their part of the move - but I am just finding that funny now).

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Apparently according to his welcome Insta, it’s always been a dream since a child to play for Chelsea, odd that it was only City?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He certainly has good PR advice. He will endear himself to the Chelsea faithful like he did with us. Crying and badge kissing will be the order of the day.

The football pantomime rolls along :lolol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Blokes a ****ing cock. Hope he gets shit from our fans. Not many will though, we are way too wet for that.

So just to confirm - if another company head hunts you and offers you double your salary you'll turn down the offer ? That said, I doubt Burger King will come calling.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I hope he has a shocker against us, but other than that I hope he makes a big contribution to Chelsea stuffing Man City, home and away. I think the way City approached trying to gain his signature was out of order, Karma dictates that Chelsea, Cucurella, and Brighton play a significant role in City failing to win anything this season.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
So just to confirm - if another company head hunts you and offers you double your salary you'll turn down the offer ? That said, I doubt Burger King will come calling.

Somewhere between Racoon’s vitriol and your cheeky little post is the right answer, the player has hardly covered himself in glory heading out so soon after all that was done by the club to secure his services, help him settle in England etc. I certainly don’t wish him a particularly successful career at Chelsea.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Somewhere between Racoon’s vitriol and your cheeky little post is the right answer, the player has hardly covered himself in glory heading out so soon after all that was done by the club to secure his services, help him settle in England etc. I certainly don’t wish him a particularly successful career at Chelsea.

But you could argue similar for any company. "So we've given you the option of WFH. Supplied a laptop and phone. Given you loads of training even offered you a bonus. Yet you want to leave". Cucurella's transfer request was no different to any of us resigning from our job to take up a better paid one. Only difference is that it's done in the public eye. Every member of my team that has moved on I've always wished the best of luck to - and that is how is should be with Marc.

Many years ago a CEO I worked for gave me some sage advice - "Always look after your family and Westdene Seagull Ltd". That is all Marc is doing.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But you could argue similar for any company. "So we've given you the option of WFH. Supplied a laptop and phone. Given you loads of training even offered you a bonus. Yet you want to leave". Cucurella's transfer request was no different to any of us resigning from our job to take up a better paid one. Only difference is that it's done in the public eye. Every member of my team that has moved on I've always wished the best of luck to - and that is how is should be with Marc.

Many years ago a CEO I worked for gave me some sage advice - "Always look after your family and Westdene Seagull Ltd". That is all Marc is doing.

Whilst I agree with with your sentiment about the player I do think there is one significant difference and that’s the 5 year contract. The club agreed to pay him regardless of performance and that is something ordinary folk don’t get. That said, the fee mitigates that which is why we all feel a particular contempt for Man City.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It really would, though.

It 100% won’t. What would do that would be losing Potter. He’s the man who’s developed the player to this stage.

Tuchel might develop him more or he might break him in search of instant returns. I’d say it’s about 50/50. But we’ve made him a potential Champions League player. If he doesn’t kick on then anyone who knows anything about football will know that’s down to Chelsea.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It 100% won’t. What would do that would be losing Potter. He’s the man who’s developed the player to this stage.

Tuchel might develop him more or he might break him in search of instant returns. I’d say it’s about 50/50. But we’ve made him a potential Champions League player. If he doesn’t kick on then anyone who knows anything about football will know that’s down to Chelsea.

No surprise here but Potter is quoted in today’s Argus as saying Cucu takes most of the credit for becoming a world record breaking signing for Chelsea

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We have made a lot of money this off season.

Does anyone have any insight into Tony Bloom paying himself back some of the money he has ploughed into the club?

Surley this is a good moment to recover some of his outlay?

As far as I'm aware he has no interest in recovering his investment.
there is a limit to how much he is prepared to put into the club though.

Several posters allude to the Covid losses as something we need to pay back.

I'm not sure that's how things work.
I assume Tony chalks it up to a bad year and moves on.

could be wrong though

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Mean spirited comment. We aren't competing at the highest level as Chelsea and I hope he has a fantastic season. When he does, it won't make any difference to Brighton's position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports