Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I too am glad it’s over, frankly it was a mess and farce and in spite of the (obscene) money it’s left me feeling cold, as I realise football is now utterly dominated by mercenary agents and puppet players who would literally sell their grandmother to chase money and prizes... it’s really, really depressing.

The money will most likely only help us control our debt, rather than fund expansive transfer action - which would see us chasing more mercenaries, and thus the circle goes ever on...

When you consider some people will freeze to death this winter, for me, it’s unacceptable in the extreme that one bloke can be worth £60+ million pounds... it’s just wrong on every level possible.

This whole sorry saga has left a bitter taste and I’m uncomfortable with it all tbh - I’m unsure why we’re celebrating any of this, it’s frightening, especially when you consider the economy for normal people is about to collapse... make no mistake, this is going to be a horrific few months.

When I’m literally deciding between food and heat this coming winter and recession - well, I’ll raise a semi frozen fingerless glove to our ex player and his doubtless ludicrous wages... yeah, good luck to him ... good luck my frozen backside.

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I too am glad it’s over, frankly it was a mess and farce and in spite of the (obscene) money it’s left me feeling cold, as I realise football is now utterly dominated by mercenary agents and puppet players who would literally sell their grandmother to chase money and prizes... it’s really, really depressing.

The money will most likely only help us control our debt, rather than fund expansive transfer action - which would see us chasing more mercenaries, and thus the circle goes ever on...

When you consider some people will freeze to death this winter, for me, it’s unacceptable in the extreme that one bloke can be worth £60+ million pounds... it’s just wrong on every level possible.

This whole sorry saga has left a bitter taste and I’m uncomfortable with it all tbh - I’m unsure why we’re celebrating any of this, it’s frightening to be honest.

When I’m literally deciding between food and heat this coming winter and recession - well, I’ll raise a semi frozen fingerless glove to our ex player and his doubtless ludicrous wages... yeah, good luck to him ... good luck my frozen backside.

I totally understand your distaste of the money involved in football - I turn off that part of my emotions so that I'm (most of the time) still able to watch a game that I enjoyed playing years ago and still enjoy watching. There are plenty of people in big business salaries too, and they are not entertaining at all.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I totally understand your distaste of the money involved in football - I turn off that part of my emotions so that I'm (most of the time) still able to watch a game that I enjoyed playing years ago and still enjoy watching. There are plenty of people in big business salaries too, and they are not entertaining at all.

Yes you’re right of course... time for a revolution.

Capitalism, globalisation - off with their grotesquely swollen heads.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Agreed. Considering they've got the deal done, it seems a really oddly-gloating thing to post. Distinct lack of class, IMO.

It's also a ****ing easy deal to do when you 10 times richer than the other club and have CL to offer. Not totally against a bit of bantz but bloody awful club.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

This whole sorry saga has left a bitter taste and I’m uncomfortable with it all tbh - I’m unsure why we’re celebrating any of this, it’s frightening, especially when you consider the economy for normal people is about to collapse... make no mistake, this is going to be a horrific few months.

Agree 100% . . . . But I still go to the odd game and try to forget that shit, and enjoy it for a game.

Hats off to TB for top rinsing. 400% in a year is a belter even in his book

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
His knowledge seems to extend no further than young Irish lads.
Maybe he's a priest?

I think he's an economist/historian. Seems decent. But wrong on this occasion (again) :lolol:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
POTS, he should ****ing give those awards back. Supported Chelsea as a kid? Oh do **** off. He’s in for dogs abuse when he returns here. I’d love it if he was a one season wonder, plenty have struggled at Chelsea after a huge money move.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
POTS, he should ****ing give those awards back. Supported Chelsea as a kid? Oh do **** off. He’s in for dogs abuse when he returns here. I’d love it if he was a one season wonder, plenty have struggled at Chelsea after a huge money move.

If he flops at Chelsea, it will do tremendous damage to our future ability to buy players, bring them on and sell them for top prices - so bearing that in mind, do shut up!

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...

I'll raise two frozen fingers to the hairy cucumber - mercenary ****.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I believe Caicedo will be a better player than Biss, however that is not yet proven, but from what we have seen so far it looks likely. We will struggle for a better LWB than Cucurella, but I think we would miss Sanchez more. As I said, not sure we have just sold our two best players, two of our better players undoubtedly, but lets see how Mac Allister, Sarmiento, Mwepu, Caicedo, Mitoma, Trossard, Enciso, Lamptey, Undav, Kozlowski, Moder when he comes back, and even a rebuilt Welbeck get on this season.

I like to think that caicedo will b as good as biss to but right now he is not so as it stands we have sold our two best players but I do agree Sanchez is right up there await Newcastle bid on transfer deadline day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If he flops at Chelsea, it will do tremendous damage to our future ability to buy players, bring them on and sell them for top prices - so bearing that in mind, do shut up!

Well said.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
If he wanted out and didn't want to play for 'our club' then xxxx him ! If he's now claiming to be a lifelong Chelsea fan, how can we compete ? Rather see Solly at Left back.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

I hope he gets a warm welcome when he returns and I hope he becomes the World's best left back to match his fee. We loved him with Albion, but he was too good to stay if a Champions League club came knocking. We've banked a fabulous fee. I want him to show the whole Blue Moon forum what they missed. I have no idea if his agent or Man City initiated the process, but they both messed up if they thought Bloom and Barber would roll over and sell him for £30m odd. Clearly City would have been his preference, but joining the new post Chelski project will be pretty exciting for him. He's not a Brighton fan, it's his job and the icing on a short football career is Champions League competition and trophies, not being the best and most popular fish in a smaller pond. It's still a great move if not the trophy laden City one and I bet if every single Albion fan had been in his position, the way it panned out they would have taken the move. I'd be embarrassed and disappointed if we don't give him a fantastic welcome back before the boys play Chelsea off the park.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I’m not looking forward to watching us as much as last season.
We simply do not have the quality or pace to play Potter football, and I fear that losing our two best players will damage the team immensely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here