[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Insane money and clearly too good to turn down. Probably just me but has left me feeling a bit flat for the new season. One of the best left sided defenders in the league gone and replaced at the moment by a player who won't be here this time next year. Oh well nothing that a win on Sunday won't put right. Looking forward to the endless left back signing threads.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Huge money and a brilliant return after a year.

Like White and Bissouma, it's another triumph of the club and Potter's tactics to polish up the diamonds to be sold.

He deserves UCL football and a chance at recognition on the biggest stage in the World Cup.

I wish him all the best and will always be grateful for his contribution to the top half finish.

So over to you, Albion players. Who's going to be our star of 2022-23?

Time to step up!

Mitoma would be my bet

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Insane money and clearly too good to turn down. Probably just me but has left me feeling a bit flat for the new season. One of the best left sided defenders in the league gone and replaced at the moment by a player who won't be here this time next year. Oh well nothing that a win on Sunday won't put right. Looking forward to the endless left back signing threads.

Ah, two years ago we brought a centre back into the team who ended up not being here the same time the following year, and then this time last year we signed a left back who ended up not being here the same time a year later. And they were two good seasons. This time next year we'll have more new exciting signings, and the world will keep turning.

Yes we've lost a great player, but at the same time we've got Caicedo, Undav, Mitoma, Enciso, van Hecke, a fit Lamptey, a fit Welbeck, none of which we had this time last year.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It was nice while it lasted.

Next....

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Is this the first time there's been a single thread on NSC where the first posts are about a potential signing and the last posts are about the player leaving?

All over in just over a year. Short but very sweet.

Last edited:

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011

Shall I let you into a little secret?
We have a first class team of scouts scouring the world (yes, the whole world) for undiscovered 'rough diamonds'.
We have a first class team behind the scenes to buy these players.
We have Mr Potter to take these 'rough diamonds' and polish them into jewels that play bloody good football, and earn us points in the league.
At the top end we have Mr Bloom, PB etc that do the ...er... business things that clever people do.

What I'm trying to say is that you should be feeling more optimistic now, than at any other time in our history.
We may well lose on Sunday, I don't care. But this season is going to be a cracker.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Agreed. Considering they've got the deal done, it seems a really oddly-gloating thing to post. Distinct lack of class, IMO.

Chelsea have never had any class.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is this the first time there's been a single thread on NSC where the first post is about a potential signing and the last posts are about the player leaving?

All over in just over a year. Short but very sweet.

Blue Moon still have almost twice the number of posts in their Cucu thread than we have. It’s their Calleri moment :lol::lol:

horshamite

Now Saltdeanite.
Nov 16, 2010
With £50 million+ coming in does that mean the fee for printing tickets at home can be reduced or removed? 🤔

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports