Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The stadium cost £93m, Cucurella a fee up to £62m.

[Yes I know construction costs are far greater now. Hence the first spade is collecting dust at Smellhurst].

Crazy times and well done TB on all counts.
We've sold £100 million+ of players this summer.

Spent ~£20 million on Enciso and Adingra.

£80 million in credit minus the cost of a left back and potentially a defensive midfielder.

Good stuff.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Huge money and a brilliant return after a year.

Like White and Bissouma, it's another triumph of the club and Potter's tactics to polish up the diamonds to be sold.

He deserves UCL football and a chance at recognition on the biggest stage in the World Cup.

I wish him all the best and will always be grateful for his contribution to the top half finish.

So over to you, Albion players. Who's going to be our star of 2022-23?

Time to step up!

It’ll be Caicedo, and we’ll get 80m for him next summer.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Some very sensitive souls on here … thought it was funny.

The club do look a bit silly, especially as Barber sat there saying nothing was agreed last night, even though it was agreed and he was having his medical at the same time !

Don’t agree with this. The statement put out by the Albion was true. Perhaps it was needed to focus a few minds in the negotiating room. By the same token the Chelsea piss take is quite funny.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
All these huge transfers but still no luck on forward dealings. I think Ulloa at £8m is still the highest. Of course plenty of losses

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's over, huzzah!

If we were going to lose Marc then this was as good a deal as we could have hoped for. A staggering sum of money for us and a great opportunity for Cucu to play in the CL and maybe the WC. I wish him all the best. Sadly at the rate we are churning out quality players it will always be difficult for us to hold on to them all whilst we are still a mid-table side.

As for Colwill, I'm excited by the player but watching us turn him into a potential world beater and then having him go back to Cobham at the end of the season takes the edge off the loan. I just hope we can maximise his impact whilst we complete the search for a full-time replacement for Cucurella.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
All these huge transfers but still no luck on forward dealings. I think Ulloa at £8m is still the highest. Of course plenty of losses

Alireza at £17m

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think it is a bit far fetched to say we actually made Cucu a better player. He was an is a brilliant player when he came and now he has gone to a far bigger team playing champions league and will be challenging for cups and stuff.

Hmmm. I think it's a bit of both. He was definitely 'under the radar'. We got him for only 15m from a mid-range Spanish club, and clubs like Chelsea and Man City weren't interested in him at the time, so he can't have been tearing up any trees. (And he only has the one full cap). And it's ridiculous to say that Potter took a nothing-special player and in under a year made him the best LWB on the planet. The whole thing seems to be greater than the sum of the parts.

'Right place, right time' seems to sum it up, however it would be a bit funny if he goes on to have a less-than-stellar career at Chelsea. (Not that I wish ill on him obviously).

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It’ll be Caicedo, and we’ll get 80m for him next summer.

Whilst sorry to see MC go, I feel strangely proud that Albion are rapidly becoming a 'sell and develop' side with a production line.

Leicester sold the likes of Chilwell, Kante, Maguire and Mahrez for big money over 5 years and still went on to win the FA Cup.

Raw undeveloped potential in for an affordable price.

Accomplished developed talent out for a high profit.

What's not to like?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Whilst sorry to see MC go, I feel strangely proud that Albion are rapidly becoming a 'sell and develop' side with a production line.

Leicester sold the likes of Chilwell, Kante, Maguire and Mahrez for big money over 5 years and still went on to win the FA Cup.

Raw undeveloped potential in for an affordable price.

Accomplished developed talent out for a high profit.

What's not to like?
Leicester also bought in players for decent money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here