Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

boik

Which will only work if we replace both with better players.

At the moment we have lots of very young untried players.

I wouldn’t have thought we needed to start dismantling a side that finished the highest it has ever done, but time will tell if this ends up as genius or pure folly!

BETTER players? Have you not been watching. We don't BUY better players - we MAKE them and then sell them and it's bloody marvellous!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BETTER players? Have you not been watching. We don't BUY better players - we MAKE them and then sell them and it's bloody marvellous!!

Nope. I watch behind a cushion on the sofa.

I think it is a bit far fetched to say we actually made Cucu a better player. He was an is a brilliant player when he came and now he has gone to a far bigger team playing champions league and will be challenging for cups and stuff.

Still that bank balance is healthier…maybe we can get water fountains installed in the stadium with all this new found wonga.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
He created the third most open-play chances, of any full back in the PL, lat season (after TAA and Reece James) :shrug:
But how many of them did we take, compared to Liverpool and Chelsea? 1 assist! I know we missed a lot of sitters, but don't remember too many that came from his crosses. I think a lot were pull backs outside the area that someone then blazed over the bar from 15 yards

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looks like Cucu cost £11M more than Haaland

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Nope. I watch behind a cushion on the sofa.

I think it is a bit far fetched to say we actually made Cucu a better player. He was an is a brilliant player when he came and now he has gone to a far bigger team playing champions league and will be challenging for cups and stuff.

Still that bank balance is healthier…maybe we can get water fountains installed in the stadium with all this new found wonga.

What we did do was take a punt on him that he would be up to the physical challenge of PL football, and then pretty much gave him a chance to show his talent in an attack minded team with him showcasing his talent at LB, LWB, LM, and LCB. We probably condensed 2 years worth of showing off your ability into 1 year.

As for whether he was brilliant before he get here; put it this way, if we were able to grab him for £15m on a 5 yr deal - there wasn't much of a queue last summer...

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I'll be booing him on his return to the Amex. All the tears after the Man Utd goal. Another fake player and now we are without a left back or decent left side player.

Why would you do that? Why?? What a ridiculous reaction, you should hang your head in shame. I loved watching Cucurella play for us, but now he's moved on, BHAFC have made their "eye-watering" amount of money, and I wish Cucu every happiness, he deserves it. Boo him? God, that makes me cross!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'll be booing him on his return to the Amex. All the tears after the Man Utd goal. Another fake player and now we are without a left back or decent left side player.

He said at the time that the tears were to do with the journey he and his family had been on. He didn't pretend it was for the fans. There was no fakery involved.

He's just made us 62 million quid. I'm not dropping him from my Fantasy League Team.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Assumed you sit in the family stand based on this but then noted you list “sex” as one of your interests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
But how many of them did we take, compared to Liverpool and Chelsea? 1 assist! I know we missed a lot of sitters, but don't remember too many that came from his crosses. I think a lot were pull backs outside the area that someone then blazed over the bar from 15 yards
Have you seen Maupay play ??? Cucurella put in a sublime ball against Villa and Maupay didn’t react at all for a tap in.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Good luck Marc, I truly believed we had a legend in the making after last seasons marauding runs, crosses, goals and tears.

I am sure you actually regret the transfer request, and there is a possibility you were badly advised on that bit, you knew we would never stand in your way deep down, just a bit of a shame the memory will be slightly tainted.

But thanks for the happy ones anyway, let's leave it there.

I bet he regrets the transfer request even more now the fee was £63m rather than £35m
(assuming his loyalty bonus was 5% of the fee)

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Bear in mind he’s just earned our very generous owner > 8x the debt which nearly caused the club to fold 25 years ago - he’s been sold for a bargain, and what a player he was for us! Good luck to him as he was a special talent for us.

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
Would you seriously turn down the chance of earning at least double your wages in your job out of loyalty?

It's very similar to that would you turn down doubling your wage by moving job out of loyalty?

You'd be daft not to, cucurella isn't a Brighton fan and we seem to forget that, if I played for Watford and got offered to move to Chelsea, again id be daft not to want to go

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Huge money and a brilliant return after a year.

Like White and Bissouma, it's another triumph of the club and Potter's tactics to polish up the diamonds to be sold.

He deserves UCL football and a chance at recognition on the biggest stage in the World Cup.

I wish him all the best and will always be grateful for his contribution to the top half finish.

So over to you, Albion players. Who's going to be our star of 2022-23?

Time to step up!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Some, yes, but to be fair, most are taking it well, with a lot congratulating us.

In the most excruciatingly patronizing way. Most of them still think their 35 million and joy at playing for Man City is worth more than Chelsea’s 55m. We should know our place and bow down when their club comes calling and they will be the judges of what a player is worth not the market. Reading that forum has rather re-enforced my opinion of that club.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Astonishing money. Well done Bloom/Barber etc. I will miss Cucurella a lot as he was wonderful to watch but we just cannot turn down that sort of money. Amazing deal.

I don't know if it's an effect of growing up a teenager in the 90's and following us during those years but my first reaction to every player we sell for big money isn't, who are we going to sign with the money, but hopefully that secures our survival as a club for a few more years!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here