Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Stunning business deal by Albion, although the big boys may not be so quick to come knocking now that we have trousered in excess of £112 million for two players with only a years Prem experience between them!!!

But I really would be happier if we had held on for another 12 months and allowed ourselves to find a replacement. Let’s hope a bit of the riches generated are put back into funding a genuine pursuit of a European place.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can now do my "#bhafc transfer" twitter searches again without being snowed under with results about a player sale.
Happy days.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yeah, but what about for clubs that have sold 2 players to other PL clubs?

Biss isn't on the list. Man City have two on there having sold Sterling to Chelsea and Jesus to Arsenal this summer, but I wouldn't put my money on them getting relegated.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10340136]We've negotiated a £32m buy-back clause which we can activate if Chelsea fail to reach the semi-finals of the CL. :thumbs-up:

So what could happen is he has a sh it season at Chelsea. We buy him back in a year on a 5 year contract. He then has blinding season and we sell him to Barca for ridiculous money. That would be ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No he didn't, he was 23rd on the list of big chances created by defenders (obviously this includes central defenders too) last season according to the PL, and 32nd on chances created per 90 mins according to FotMob with TAA, Andrew Robertson, Lucas Dinge, Reece James and Marcos Alonso ahead of him as far as full backs go.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/big_chance_created

https://www.fotmob.com/leagues/47/stats/season/16390/players/total_att_assist/premier-league

The stat was 'chances created in open play'. The likes of Digne etc took corners, and wide free-kicks.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
A shame, but inevitable really, he will be a big loss.

Oh well, the fee softens the blow, if its used wisely should be a good outcome in the long run.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'll be booing him on his return to the Amex. All the tears after the Man Utd goal. Another fake player and now we are without a left back or decent left side player.

Not a fake player, just a man doing his job and then a massive offer came in. I am sure he'd have been happy to stay but football is all about money now, sky has seen to that.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I'll be booing him on his return to the Amex. All the tears after the Man Utd goal. Another fake player and now we are without a left back or decent left side player.

Would you seriously turn down the chance of earning at least double your wages in your job out of loyalty?

As a footballer would anyone turn down the chance of winning trophies and doubling your wages and probably playing for your country in a World Cup (Much increased at a "bigger club")

I say thanks Marc and all the best.
Unless he doesn't clap the fans when he returns with Chelsea :)
Then I'd boo !

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea

I’ll make sure I cheer louder then. I’ll say thank you for the effort you put in, the goal and helping us get 9th. I don’t blame him for moving on, getting paid more and playing CL football.

Disrespectful to March, Trossard and Mitoma to say no decent left sided player. They are not in Cucu league I agree but can do a job. Plus Colwill is left sided.

Very blinkered view in my opinion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We made £45million on him so I'm not too bothered.

If he's announced as a sub I'll probably just loudly question "who ?" Lol.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
120m prem
62 cuc
35 biss
8 ost

£225 Million

We are rich , make it count Albion !

Which will only work if we replace both with better players.

At the moment we have lots of very young untried players.

I wouldn’t have thought we needed to start dismantling a side that finished the highest it has ever done, but time will tell if this ends up as genius or pure folly!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Good luck Marc, I truly believed we had a legend in the making after last seasons marauding runs, crosses, goals and tears.

I am sure you actually regret the transfer request, and there is a possibility you were badly advised on that bit, you knew we would never stand in your way deep down, just a bit of a shame the memory will be slightly tainted.

But thanks for the happy ones anyway, let's leave it there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here