Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
"It's not done yet. The paper work is in process and hopefully we can get it finished before noon. He's a fantastic player, young hungry mobile, very intelligent and can play in several positions in our system. If it goes through it opens some options for Levi Colwill to find some more game time elsewhere.”

Double win for Chelsea as stated by Tuchel. They sign one of the worlds best left backs and get us to develop their player.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
"It's not done yet. The paper work is in process and hopefully we can get it finished before noon. He's a fantastic player, young hungry mobile, very intelligent and can play in several positions in our system. If it goes through it opens some options for Levi Colwill to find some more game time elsewhere.”

Double win for Chelsea as stated by Tuchel. They sign one of the worlds best left backs and get us to develop their player.
Win for the Albion
Win for Cucurella
Win for Chelsea

Loss for Man City who still look like winkers.

Lol.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Much as I like Cucu, I'd withhold judgement on him being one of the best LBs in the world until I've seen how he does at Chelsea. GP got the best out of him but let's see how he does under Tuchel.

I seem to remember Cucu being skinned a few times and bringing the player down for a free kick with a hare brained tackle/pull on the edge of the box resulting in us conceding - Saints first springs to mind? I could be wrong of course about that but that's what my old mind remembers.

He was brilliant going forward, sometimes not always all that being run at :shrug:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Yes, they do. But that doesn’t preclude it being a win for the Albion as well as he fills a short term hole in the squad. We didn’t intend to sell Cucu this Summer and any plans for his replacement can’t just be accelerated. Takes time. In this very particular circumstance the loan makes sense.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
A small point, but why do so many media outlets get his age wrong? Assuming Wikipedia is correct he is 24, yet I've seen 25 and 26 years old given in some reports.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
Much as I like Cucu, I'd withhold judgement on him being one of the best LBs in the world until I've seen how he does at Chelsea. GP got the best out of him but let's see how he does under Tuchel.

I seem to remember Cucu being skinned a few times and bringing the player down for a free kick with a hare brained tackle/pull on the edge of the box resulting in us conceding - Saints first springs to mind? I could be wrong of course about that but that's what my old mind remembers.

He was brilliant going forward, sometimes not always all that being run at :shrug:

It will certainly be interesting to see how he gets on. I can’t pretend that I thought at any time last season that he would be off to a CL club this summer.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It will certainly be interesting to see how he gets on. I can’t pretend that I thought at any time last season that he would be off to a CL club this summer.
Considering there aren’t many left footed WB’s around that are any good as we well know it’s not really a surprise. There was a small pool of replacements that have mostly been snapped up.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Had enough of this bollocks now

Has he ****ed off to some “ very much richer than you” club yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here