Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
We can only really judge at the end of the window. But if we ended up with (say) Camara to replace Biss, Udogie to replace Cucu, and Colwill to replace Burn, with about £40m left over, you’d have to say that was decent? No one in, and we look light. But we didn’t plan not to have Cucu so I suspect there’ll be at least one in there.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We’ll be getting Colwill on loan (left side centre back) plus a left wing back who is undoubtedly all but set. We have some very savvy people running our football club and I absolutely trust them. Brilliant business

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just my opinion but it’s only a good deal if we actually sign some new players, losing your 2 best players in one window is pretty bad, not having replacements is irresponsible. I also don’t think that it’s particularly fair on Potter.

We’ve signed 3 so far ! Combined value about £20M

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just my opinion but it’s only a good deal if we actually sign some new players, losing your 2 best players in one window is pretty bad, not having replacements is irresponsible. I also don’t think that it’s particularly fair on Potter.

Caicedo was surely recruited to cover for losing Bissouma. We clearly don't have a player waiting who's the same level as Cucurella, but who is? That's why he's worth 62m.

I'm sure we'll find some more players before the window closes, other than Colwill who can cover some aspects of Cucurella's role.

I trust Tony, Paul and the extensive recruitment team to sort this out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We’ll be getting Colwill on loan (left side centre back) plus a left wing back who is undoubtedly all but set. We have some very savvy people running our football club and I absolutely trust them. Brilliant business

This.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, clearly and definitely.

We need to spend a bit more of the transfer profits now. Top requirement - a left back.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

I’m not sure we needed to replace Biss, we have a number of excellent midfielders who are more than up to the task of playing at this level.

We need to replace Cucurella with 2 players I believe, one to play the LCB role (guess Colwill fills that option) and another to play LB and LWB when needed.

Personally I’d go after Gomez at Anderlecht, looks very good as a LWB, decent age and could be brought in slowly as we have other options in those positions in Tross and March.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Caicedo was surely recruited to cover for losing Bissouma. We clearly don't have a player waiting who's the same level as Cucurella, but who is? That's why he's worth 62m.

I'm sure we'll find some more players before the window closes, other than Colwill who can cover some aspects of Cucurella's role.

Caicedo is nowhere near the level or consistency of Yves yet. Great potential and signs are good. To early to call

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Caicedo is nowhere near the level or consistency of Yves yet. Great potential and signs are good. To early to call

But also Bissouma was crap for his first 2 seasons , and turned into the player he is. Caciedo is developing at a much quicker rate than Bissouma did

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
But also Bissouma was crap for his first 2 seasons , and turned into the player he is. Caciedo is developing at a much quicker rate than Bissouma did

Alzate started off well then went shit. Bissouma has clocked up about 100 Premier league games. Big difference

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Brighton have just sold a player for about £10 000 000 more than City payed for Haarland-, after selling Bissouma for £35 000 000 and Ben White for £50 000 000, with other players going as well Ostigard, Burn etc) that must be over £160 000 000 in 12 Months- That is just insane

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Unlikely, surely? I know you can circle them both as central midfielders but they play very different roles. We have an abundance of CMs but none that you’d define as CDM which was Bissouma’s role.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’m not sure we needed to replace Biss, we have a number of excellent midfielders who are more than up to the task of playing at this level.

We need to replace Cucurella with 2 players I believe, one to play the LCB role (guess Colwill fills that option) and another to play LB and LWB when needed.

Personally I’d go after Gomez at Anderlecht, looks very good as a LWB, decent age and could be brought in slowly as we have other options in those positions in Tross and March.

We don’t have another CDM in the squad?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Plus he doesn’t hit row z with his long distance shots!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

In your opinion …. Potter clearly thinks differently about how he uses his players. Has used Mac there several times already and don’t forget Biss didn’t start out as a CDM he has progressed into that role. Could well be that Potter can do that with one of the midfielders we already have.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The more Caicedo, Mwepu & Mac play together, the better we’ll get as a team IMO.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

It’s potentially not that much of a problem against the majority of teams in the EPL with Potter’s nous but against the Big Six, we really need a like-for-like CDM Biss replacement. Possibly Caicedo can do the job but I’d prefer it if we went out and got a Grillitsch or Camara style player in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here