Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Really ? Ha ha. That’s hilarious. I played full back at school because I was half decent but not good enough for the important positions.

Mind you I don’t actually remember going over the halfway line.

And actually my kids coaches (at age 10) are putting the best technicians in defence, despite the size of the kids. So many goals are scored by passes from goal kicks being pressed and possession being coughed up, the coaches now put the best kids at the back and the weaker ones up front. Crazy times!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Beeney, Paul Holsgrove, Virgo, Saunders, Nogan (?), there have been quite a few sales that have “saved” us. Let’s hope we’ve seen the last of those days.

Saunders was practically given away at £60k to Oxford, who sold him 1 year later for £1M.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well on our way to a record like this:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-southampton/rekordabgaenge/verein/180

I just hope we’re spending some of it on a left back before September as we no longer have one in the squad. BG will be turning in his grave.

Chelsea have taken our POTS and his long term replacement Sturge in the space of a few weeks. They have also given us a player to develop for them. The money is not of much conciliation now, we have a much weaker squad with Biss and Cucu gone, we have have sold out chance of another top 10 finish.

The ‘new’ Southampton? That’s the way we’re headed.

Bloody hell get the Prozac out ! Swings and roundabouts given the price we paid for Lamptey.

I’m fairly relaxed about Biss as I think we have quality in central midfield and can tweak tactics a bit. Cucu a miss but we survived before, can survive again and Cowill helps in the short term. All while we can continue to develop Van Hecke & Roberts for another season

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sake…is this still grinding on? Sign the ****er Chelsea and let’s move on. Boring now

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

I just hope we’re spending some of it on a left back before September as we no longer have one in the squad. BG will be turning in his grave.

Chelsea have taken our POTS and his long term replacement Sturge in the space of a few weeks. They have also given us a player to develop for them. The money is not of much conciliation now, we have a much weaker squad with Biss and Cucu gone, we have have sold out chance of another top 10 finish.

3 weeks of the window left yet! Pretty sure we’re gonna break our transfer record this window!

Plus we’ll definitely be mid table again. We’ve got a strong squad.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Bloody hell get the Prozac out ! Swings and roundabouts given the price we paid for Lamptey.

I’m fairly relaxed about Biss as I think we have quality in central midfield and can tweak tactics a bit. Cucu a miss but we survived before, can survive again and Cowill helps in the short term. All while we can continue to develop Van Hecke & Roberts for another season

Why would they stay around with us now? We've shown we'd prefer to develop someone elses players our own. Especially Van Hecke, If I were him i'd be on the phone to my agent asking me to get a move to somewhere I had a future

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Why would they stay around with us now? We've shown we'd prefer to develop someone elses players our own. Especially Van Hecke, If I were him i'd be on the phone to my agent asking me to get a move to somewhere I had a future

They can leave then…. Although I doubt that’s is their stance.

Both Van Hecke and Roberts aren’t up to PL football yet it seems so they need to continue to develop. I’d rather lose them than play them when they aren’t up to it.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Can't help but feel how much weaker our squad feels losing two massive players such as Bissou and Cucu in the same window though - don't have anyo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

How minutes has Van Hecke had in pre season ? With Cucurella missing on Saturday how many minutes did he play? Clearly he needs more time to get to the levels needed where as Colwill is there now.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yep, desperate times but we had a ready made replacement in Richard Tiltman !

And Danny Wilson to Luton for the same amount if my memory serves? ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Obviously Colwill isn't the left ( wing ) back replacement for Cucu.

Looking forward to welcoming another new recruit for that role :albion2:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Maybe (Stains). I suspect we're smarter than that, despite having won nothing and been nothing. At some point when we have developed al lad into a world top 20 player, wemay keep them for a bit and win something. I suspect that's the plan :thumbsup:

I'd rather be us than any other club right now.

We are, Arnold J Rimmer. <sigh>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-ZiI3iVgpM

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
£55m fee plus £7 M In add ons - total £62 m for a Brighton player - take a breath and let that sink in . We have a decent player to cover the gap for this season in case we can’t find the right player to buy in the next 3 weeks .

£62 Million !

This, all of it. Unbelievable work from Tony (again).

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Just my opinion but it’s only a good deal if we actually sign some first team players, losing your 2 best players in one window is pretty bad, not having replacements is irresponsible. I also don’t think that it’s particularly fair on Potter.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here