[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nope. 52.5m is bare minimum value IMO. And the rumour mill then suggests that we're paying 20m for an unproven youngster coming the other way. With a buy back clause no less. I think it sucks and it's barely better than what City were offering. I have no doubt that a public statement from the club saying that he's "not for sale" will see him knuckle down and continue to turn out stellar performances in order to get in to that Spain World Cup squad. People saying that we've "played a blinder" on this still have small club syndrome riddling their brains. Seriously....best outcome for me when I check this thread tomorrow morning would be a public "no **** off. he's staying" statement from the club.

It would be one of the biggest single indicators the club could make about it's ultimate ambition. We've got one of the best LCB/LB/LBWs in the country. The only real arguments I've seen here about why we should sell him when he only just signed for us and has 4 years left is that we don't want to be seem as a club that "that gets in players' way" when they want to go to a big boy club.

No. F*ck all that. We're Brighton, we're a top ten club and he's our player. Top Ten. And if we have ANY ambitions higher than that we don't start selling our best player to our ****ing RIVALS (and I include Shitty and Chelski in that definition) for peanuts.

Just no.

Spot on especially the last paragraph.:albion2:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Athletic said Brighton had not SANCTIONED a medical. Very interesting choice of wording I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So Cucu is just having a medical without us actually finalising any kind of deal?
Absolutely loving all this.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But didn't he ask for a transfer as he believed we were asking too much from city who wouldn't go over 40 million? Surely he'll be even more peed off with us if we're not allowing Chelsea to buy for 52?

He put in a transfer request. No one, least of all Marc Cucurella, have said what his motivation was for putting it in. Could have been to let the club know he was willing to go, that he quite liked the idea of going, that he was desperate to go, that he thought a deal was being done and as a thank you to the club (for taking a chance on him, and for letting him go so early in his contract) he was willing to forego any loyalty payments, it could be that he thought foregoing loyalty payments may make negotiations easier.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
He put in a transfer request. No one, least of all Marc Cucurella, have said what his motivation was for putting it in. Could have been to let the club know he was willing to go, that he quite liked the idea of going, that he was desperate to go, that he thought a deal was being done and as a thank you to the club (for taking a chance on him, and for letting him go so early in his contract) he was willing to forego any loyalty payments, it could be that he thought foregoing loyalty payments may make negotiations easier.
It’s all gone a bit batshit hasn’t it? Bizarre move from Cucu & Chelsea if true.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So Cucu is just having a medical without us actually finalising any kind of deal?
Absolutely loving all this.

Maybe. Maybe the info is wrong. Maybe in the time since the article was sourced/written the medical has been sanctioned.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Another twitter 10 min ago seems to confirm 55 million +variables deal done.

Fingers crossed eh? I just want rid of him now tbh.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sensible lad having a medical. I have them quite often. Doesn’t mean I’m going to Chelsea. At least I don’t think so.

And, if may I ask, is you missus called Natasha, but looks like Elsie?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports