Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I no longer care about Cucurella, I think he’s been badly advised and is burning bridges here, I envisage quite a hostile reception when he returns, unlike Biss. A real shame.

Don't agree and to be honest, I don't understand any logic to your comment. Biss went for a knockdown fee because he refused to sign a new contract. We could be getting our record fee for MC because he was under a long contract. Biss cost us a lot of money.

However, in neither case does either player deserve stick.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Because Barber is an absolute control freak and can't stand not controlling the narrative in the press.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with waiting until contracts are all inked (and ideally medicals done too). Romano has simply jumped the gun.

Our top brass are the only ones coming out of this with any credit. Tony - and Paul Barber - have played a blinder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing wrong with waiting until contracts are all inked (and ideally medicals done too). Romano has simply jumped the gun.

Our top brass are the only ones coming out of this with any credit. Tony - and Paul Barber - have played a blinder

Thank you :lol:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Don't agree and to be honest, I don't understand any logic to your comment. Biss went for a knockdown fee because he refused to sign a new contract. We could be getting our record fee for MC because he was under a long contract. Biss cost us a lot of money.

I agree neither player deserves hostility, it’s a pretty futile excercise.

However, I do think Biss handled himself outwardly with much more decorum - in spite of effectively running his contract down and forcing a move this season, rather than risk a free transfer after a final season of diminishing effort. It just felt less ‘rushed’ and forced than the Cucurella fiasco.

For me Marc and his advisors have got this badly wrong, with this apparent desperation to move and NOW! It’s outwardly unprofessional, handing in a transfer request, the ‘calf’ niggle, the (suspicion) that he’s not training... the I love Pep ... no, I love Chelsea... absolutely zero decorum.

I’d never boo him, but compared to the few seasons Biss gave us, not to mention the dancing... I’d say his status will be meh with most of our support, and quite rightly so.

In contrast I’d applaud Biss, even though he’s gone - I like him and I think he genuinely likes us... Cucurella played us all, you know, like cheap fiddles ... right now, I can’t wait for him to leave.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am a little uncomfortable about the idea that the club is holding this deal over Chelsea's head to get what they want with the Colwill deal.

To me they are either part of the same deal or they or not. It smacks a little of having one's cake and eating it. I also worry that if it goes wrong and Cucu goes nowhere we will have a very unhappy player on our hands. Quite rightfully as well IMHO, his move should not be scuppered because of a separate deal, that's not fair.

Of course this may not be what is happening.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What the f*ck is a "demolation"

So tedious how these Twitter dickwads are SO DESPERATE to be the first with the news. Desperately tedious.

Another name for the much-loved arcade game of yesteryear?

7a909bd74fc00c0eebf803433fccaba6.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I am a little uncomfortable about the idea that the club is holding this deal over Chelsea's head to get what they want with the Colwill deal.

To me they are either part of the same deal or they or not. It smacks a little of having one's cake and eating it. I also worry that if it goes wrong and Cucu goes nowhere we will have a very unhappy player on our hands. Quite rightfully as well IMHO, his move should not be scuppered because of a separate deal, that's not fair.

There’s no evidence at all to suggest that’s what’s happening.

Also we don’t NEED to sell Cucerella. He won’t go on strike when there’s a World Cup followed by another window

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I agree neither player deserves hostility, it’s a pretty futile excercise.

However, I do think Biss handled himself outwardly with much more decorum - in spite of effectively running his contract down and forcing a move this season, rather than risk a free transfer after a final season of diminishing effort. It just felt less ‘rushed’ and forced than the Cucurella fiasco.

For me Marc and his advisors have got this badly wrong, with this apparent desperation to move and NOW! It’s outwardly unprofessional, handing in a transfer request, the ‘calf’ niggle, the (suspicion) that he’s not training... the I love Pep ... no, I love Chelsea... absolutely zero decorum.

I’d never boo him, but compared to the few seasons Biss gave us, not to mention the dancing... I’d say his status will be meh with most of our support, and quite rightly so.

In contrast I’d applaud Biss, even though he’s gone - I like him and I think he genuinely likes us... Cucurella played us all, you know, like cheap fiddles ... right now, I can’t wait for him to leave.

Bissouma never did have the big move dangled in front of him though. He got unsettled in January because Villa came looking - Villa. It’s a whole different kettle of fish when players get a chance of Champions League football, especially Europeans who really do value both all the European competitions.

Cucurella will be on Spain’s radar with early form in the champions league games - there is a World Cup in 4 months, you’d be pretty naive to think he stands an equal chance of getting in that with us as he is with Chelsea.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Sounds like the club will eventually make about £35m profit from the 35 games he's played. So, he's improved by about £1m each time he's played.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sounds like the club will eventually make about £35m profit from the 35 games he's played. So, he's improved by about £1m each time he's played.

That's good business as good as we could have hoped for

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i dont think there was anything un-genuine from Cucurella, he loved playing here. now he and more importantly his advisers, would love him to play elsewhere for more money. c'est la vie, hate the (transfer) game not the player. its a disappointing he has to go, but such a fee to a CL club shows this was going to happen, thanks for the memories.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Not very worried tbh. Cucurella wants a shot at the World Cup even in the near-impossible event he remains.

And I actually think the club is in a very good position to have the cake and eat it. Chelsea are ultimately going to offer what Tony tells them to offer, I think.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
i dont think there was anything un-genuine from Cucurella, he loved playing here. now he and more importantly his advisers, would love him to play elsewhere for more money. c'est la vie, hate the (transfer) game not the player.

Agree…….vast majority of people would do the same if they had the opportunity. No malice from me towards the player, but the system stinks.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Hang on a sec - Bissouma respected the contract he signed. Cucurella signed a 5 year deal a year ago, and now wants out! By putting in a transfer request he's basically downed tools - just a week before the start of the season. I loved watching Cucurella - and he seems like a really nice guy - but I can't help feeling he and/or his agent could have handled this much better.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
That's good business as good as we could have hoped for

We were only ever going to get top dollar or keep him.

Plus, any appearance linked add on would increase that stat as he played games for Chelsea!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here