Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What the f*ck is a "demolation"

So tedious how these Twitter dickwads are SO DESPERATE to be the first with the news. Desperately tedious.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Jesus H Christ, two players for over £50 million in a year (plus Biss).
Truly extraordinary.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The difference being, I somehow doubt KDB would be handing in a transfer request in an attempt to force a move to the Amex.

He can show his grandkids all the PL Championship medals he wants; but when they ask him if he ever won the Sussex Senior Challenge Cup, he’s going to have to change the subject pretty quickly.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Whatever the eventual outcome of this saga, it is great to see that little old Brighton absolutely will not be dicked around in the transfer market. Those days are over.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He can show his grandkids all the PL Championship medals he wants; but when they ask him if he ever won the Sussex Senior Challenge Cup, he’s going to have to change the subject pretty quickly.

Off topic, but it's mad to think we once had a player who played in teams which won both the European Cup and the Sussex Senior Cup.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
png_20220804_022855_0000.png

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Do you think that the BBC picked it up off Romano or that Romano picked it up off the BBC?

Well... I was just sort of assuming that BBC would double-check information before claiming anything.

Anyway... my guess is that the deal is all but done and Cucurella will move for £52.5m - but that some details (Colwill) just aren't over the goal line yet.

Think the club saw a nice opportunity to slap Romano after this chaotic summer. Which is 100% fair.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can tell we are enjoying ourselves over this story.

Barber-out doesn't feature in any of the narrative.

Must be good news.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Chelsea hold out for a buy back clause on Colwill I can see TB ending Cucurella talks with Chelsea like he did with City.

What none of the media or Chelsea fans seem to realise is that we don’t need or want to sell Cucu.

Can’t see Bloom being backed into a corner myself

It would have to be a very inflated buy back clause, of more than Cucu is costing, to have any chance of TB accepting imo. With a 3 to 4 year window before it could be activated. Plus point is that we don’t end up with Colwill leaving next season if he proves to be special.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
This is the part that confuses me. If the deal is not complete, but it is close, and the finer details of it are being discussed then why have the club put out that statement? Why not just say nothing until its all done, and then make our announcement with the correct details of the deal. Putting that tweet out makes me feel like the deal is a lot further away than people think.

I think it’s nearly done but the club are pissed off with the social media involvement, maybe one eye on the fans forum tonight as well.

I’m not ruling out Barbs turning up wearing a Cucu wig with a nothing to see here T-shirt (mustard)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The main thing that puzzles me is why are Chelsea actually doing this? Do they actually need Cucu and especially for over £50m?
Are they just muscle flexing at City? I can see him being a bit part player, which in a World Cup year isn’t that wise.
I no longer care about Cucurella, I think he’s been badly advised and is burning bridges here, I envisage quite a hostile reception when he returns, unlike Biss. A real shame.
I don’t see any hostility towards him when he plays us.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You could appear less judgemental and substitute 'discussing' for 'guessing' - but hey ho, whatever. This is a football discussion forum after all.

Not really, when people come up with phrases like 'I think the reason the deal has stalled is because' etc, that's a guess!

At the end of the day, discussing the transfers is fair game but it does get a bit pathetic when some, not all, are turning against a player for just pursuing his career, especially when he was a great contributor to our best ever season.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
This is the part that confuses me. If the deal is not complete, but it is close, and the finer details of it are being discussed then why have the club put out that statement? Why not just say nothing until its all done, and then make our announcement with the correct details of the deal. Putting that tweet out makes me feel like the deal is a lot further away than people think.
Because Barber is an absolute control freak and can't stand not controlling the narrative in the press.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here