Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I may be wrong but I don’t think I have seen Brighton put out a statement like that if they are actually negotiating a player leaving and it looks close to being done. They just keep quiet until it’s announced.

I think they will be really pissed off to have done it

This is the part that confuses me. If the deal is not complete, but it is close, and the finer details of it are being discussed then why have the club put out that statement? Why not just say nothing until its all done, and then make our announcement with the correct details of the deal. Putting that tweet out makes me feel like the deal is a lot further away than people think.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
My thoughts exactly or at the very least an “eye watering” buy back clause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. It's all about the buyback clause,it has to be dropped.

Cast our minds back to last year I believe there were heavy rumours that we were screwed over by Chelsea for the livramento deal at the last minute, hinging on a buyback that saints agreed to and effectively gazumped us.

And that player was a big big miss in the end.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
This is the part that confuses me. If the deal is not complete, but it is close, and the finer details of it are being discussed then why have the club put out that statement? Why not just say nothing until its all done, and then make our announcement with the correct details of the deal. Putting that tweet out makes me feel like the deal is a lot further away than people think.

My bet: Tony is playing hardball on the buyback clause for Colwill. Big club (or Cucu’s agent) thinks it puts pressure on him to back down by making the (already agreed) Cucu deal public. Tony sticks statement out to wrestle back control of the negotiation.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

My bet: Tony is playing hardball on the buyback clause for Colwill. Big club (or Cucu’s agent) thinks it puts pressure on him to back down by making the (already agreed) Cucu deal public. Tony sticks statement out to wrestle back control of the negotiation.

100% this.

Tony is like the Pied Piper of Hamelin to Chelsea. He’ll sort out their problems in the present but it’s going to cost them their future (with no trade backs). If they cross him, he’s going to **** them up.

el punal

Or maybe there’s no deal at all and they’re pissed off with all the speculation bollocks. Whatever, the club certainly seem to be giving the message - “Don’t mess with us.” Love it!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Makes 100% sense. Seems pretty obvious to me what is going on.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The main thing that puzzles me is why are Chelsea actually doing this? Do they actually need Cucu and especially for over £50m?
Are they just muscle flexing at City? I can see him being a bit part player, which in a World Cup year isn’t that wise.
I no longer care about Cucurella, I think he’s been badly advised and is burning bridges here, I envisage quite a hostile reception when he returns, unlike Biss. A real shame.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We may still be 'under the radar' during the actual playing season, but when it comes to pre season and transfer dealing we're very visibly punching above our weight.

And long may it continue.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I would hate to be in a negotiation with Tony Bloom. He'd take me to the cleaners.

To save time, I think I'd just hand him the cash and drink the Bolly.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The main thing that puzzles me is why are Chelsea actually doing this? Do they actually need Cucu and especially for over £50m?
Are they just muscle flexing at City? I can see him being a bit part player, which in a World Cup year isn’t that wise.
I no longer care about Cucurella, I think he’s been badly advised and is burning bridges here, I envisage quite a hostile reception when he returns, unlike Biss. A real shame.
I think he’ll go on to be the best left sided defensive player in the World very soon and both Pep and Tuchel know this. Clearly a massive upgrade on both Chilwell and Alonso and a steal in the long run.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

If Tuchel wants to play 3 at the back, then Cucu would play as LCB. As well as cover for Chilwell. So likely to play regularly imo.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Maybe because the BBC went with the story? They’re usually a source of fact :shrug:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Blimey! I started reading NSC because of the Jamie (RIP) thread. It seems absolutely crazy that there is a thread about Man City & Chelsea wanting to spend a shit load of cash on one of our players. BW saga was different as that was just Leeds being muppets & not understanding the loan system. Just wow, we've come a long way. :albion2:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don't you just love football? A bunch of fans who aren't involved in any of the negotiations guessing why the deal hasn't been agreed either for MC or Colwill.

You've also got load starting to slate a young man who has the audacity to want to ply his trade at the highest level and for a higher wage, neither of which we can accommodate.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't you just love football? A bunch of fans who aren't involved in any of the negotiations guessing why the deal hasn't been agreed either for MC or Colwill.
You could appear less judgemental and substitute 'discussing' for 'guessing' - but hey ho, whatever. This is a football discussion forum after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here