Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well, if that's how it looks to you - good luck. Bless.

Hehe. Just me eh?

You carry on, you’ve already wasted half hour of your life entertaining me. :thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Cucurella's agent has liked Fabrizio's tweet that the Cucurella deal to Chelsea is done btw

@aleixpique on twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the Colwill deal done though ?

My absolute guess is that Brighton are ensuring the two are inter-linked. Hence tonight's Tweet.

Very Brighton.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Show me the business man who would turn down an extra 7.5m or the chance to get 2 sides into a bidding war

In business, you stop ‘picking up the phone’ to certain people. We went public with their ‘incremental bids’ BS. Citeh have well and truly burnt their bridges.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Indeed. As far as the Cucu deal is done it may be, but it seems contingent on a deal for Colwill.

Tony might be basically vaporising the buyback - "remove it or both deals fail".

My thoughts exactly or at the very least an “eye watering” buy back clause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I've been out most of the day. This is a bit like not wanting to know the score of a game because you want to watch the match on TV in full later. I was determined not to find out the end result, but to plough through all today's NSC posts to live through the developing story! Taken me a while.....

And in the end, nothing has actually been settled!!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Way back in this thread, I think it was said that Cucu is his only client?

If true, hence the greed in sealing his man’s lucrative move.

I thought that based on his media being just Cucu. But was pointed out that he's a sports lawyer and Cucu's with an Agency (don't know the name) so matey boy, shite stiring extrordinair, works for the agency and seems to look after just Cucu.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
As much as anything it just goes to prove, once more, how BBC Sport has morphed into this media dinosaur that merely recycles everyone else’s news or in some cases, BS.

Honestly can’t remember the last time I actually read a BBC football news story and thought ‘wow that’s a decent scoop’. Perhaps never.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought that based on his media being just Cucu. But was pointed out that he's a sports lawyer and Cucu's with an Agency (don't know the name) so matey boy, shite stiring extrordinair, works for the agency and seems to look after just Cucu.

That’s quite common in the greedy days of Football, last 25 years.

We knew an already rich Brighton solicitor, with no football connection whatsoever, who teamed up with a licensed agent, to get their mitts on representing players.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
As much as anything it just goes to prove, once more, how BBC Sport has morphed into this media dinosaur that merely recycles everyone else’s news or in some cases, BS.

Honestly can’t remember the last time I actually read a BBC football news story and thought ‘wow that’s a decent scoop’. Perhaps never.

Ordinarily I’d say they’re slower because they’re checking things. That should be the case and certainly used to be. Seem to have been caught out this time. They don’t operate like Sky who’ve always had the unofficial motto “never wrong for long”.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

My take is that the competition from Sky News and SSN was a game changer. Sink or swim.

If they waited until they had information from two reliable sauces, they’d be days behind the gossipy competition.

So they joined in.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My take is that the competition from Sky News and SSN was a game changer. Sink or swim.

If they waited until they had information from two reliable sauces, they’d be days behind the gossipy competition.

So they joined in.

Makes the Pritchard thread look pretty tame, by NSC standards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here