Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If Chelsea ay £52.5M for Cucu, that is a good deal - could hav been a bit higher, but for a want-away player it's a decent deal. If that's not what is happening it's no cause for rejoicing, let alone a 'Hehe'.

If that £52.5M is conditional on us paying an inflated price for a young Chelsea wannabee - even if he is a fairly promising one - with all the sort of caveats that Chelsea try to impose post Lamptey - buy back clauses, sell-on clauses. loan to buy bollocks, whatever - then the deal can start to look a bit shit. So, rejoicng with a 'Hehe' when the only snag is probably Chelsea playing very hard ball with making us pay over the odds isn't a god look, wouldn't you say.

Thanks for your input, but I’ll laugh at anything I want to thank you very much.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
869C6E97-B13B-45BD-A715-9A79A980AEE2.png

No, it couldn’t be.

Could it?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I may be wrong but I don’t think I have seen Brighton put out a statement like that if they are actually negotiating a player leaving and it looks close to being done. They just keep quiet until it’s announced.

I think they will be really pissed off to have done it

el punal

I love this pre-season soap opera. First it was the Leeds saga with Ben White, who of course was Leeds born and bred, a lifelong fan and taught how to play football with them and no one else. All that ended swimmingly well. :bigwave:

Then we have Man City with Marc Cucurella. How dare l’il ol’ Brighton refuse a bid by those awfully rich non-winners of the Champions League. How Bluemoon will ever get over the 1000 pages of posts stating that Cucu was theirs. :bigwave:

Now we have Chelsea on the cusp of sealing, or not, the deal. Oh, wait a minute, who is this hovering into view? It’s Barcelona!
Welcome to the party chaps! :drink:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Sky bod reckons City come out of this well LOL

Saw that. :laugh:

They wasted seven weeks teasing and unsettling a player that they were never prepared to pay the fee for. Their idiotic and impotent meddling led to the player submitting a transfer request and he'll now end up strengthening one of their rivals. Yes... they've come out of this brilliantly.

One phone call to Brighton asking whether their valuation was anywhere near could have been done quicker than any one of the dozen or so leaks to their Twitter sock puppet, all in confidence, no chance of any leaks at our end, and they wouldn't have crapped all over any future relationship they may want to have with an organisation that is starting to prove itself as one of the leading discovers/developers of young top level playing talent in the country.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Is it totally out of reasoning that City have offered another bid?!!:moo:

Whether or not they have, we are duty bound to encourage it for the sake of amusement on Bluemoon forum.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
You're welcome. Happty to be able to explain it to you in simple terms.

To be honest, I didn’t even read what you posted. I saw the length of it and my eyes glazed over.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Feels like most likely Bloom is playing hardball on Colwill. Deal on Cucu agreed subject to that, agent has jumped the gun and Bloom issuing that statement to ensure he doesn’t lose negotiating leverage.

But of course I’m only guessing.

(Along with everyone else)
Indeed. As far as the Cucu deal is done it may be, but it seems contingent on a deal for Colwill.

Tony might be basically vaporising the buyback - "remove it or both deals fail".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here