Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think this is just the club having a very public dig at Romano because of the way he’s acted over this deal……it’ll still happen, it’s just not done yet and he’s blabbed too early for their liking because Cucu’s agent has tipped him off.

Yep.
You'd be feeling a bit of a tit now for championing him over other more reputable sources.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
BBC now:

“Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign Spain international full-back Marc Cucurella from Brighton.”

This reads ‘deal done’ to me.

But the club say no deal done!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Chelsea obviously playing hard ball with Colwill terms and conditions, will Bloom once again walk away if the offer isn’t right or will he just want an end to this bullshit? Bloom knows he has the ace in the hole

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hehe? You think that is good? OK, whatever........................

Funny! What’s your problem with that may I ask?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

But the club say no deal done!

13e2e387844d16a74a30c919988f7899.jpg

Story now updated…

Marc Cucurella: Chelsea on verge of deal for Brighton full-back https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62415053

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
It is quite unusual that the club have come out specifically to say that no agreement has been reached. Normally if a transfer was in negotiation and some agent/Twitter reported it as done, the club would stay silent until it was completed a week or so later.

In fact the club very rarely comment on any transfer speculation at all. So why feel the need to give a statement here?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Feels like most likely Bloom is playing hardball on Colwill. Deal on Cucu agreed subject to that, agent has jumped the gun and Bloom issuing that statement to ensure he doesn’t lose negotiating leverage.

But of course I’m only guessing.

(Along with everyone else)

Does make perfect sense. You’d imagine Albion’s figure & what we want to pay for Colwill are closely linked. If we’re left without a replacement, maybe Cucurella’s fee rises significantly or the move is off.. And keeping it ‘live’ might make Chelsea a bit more insistent that Colwill’s future lies elsewhere if he’s at all reluctant.

All the guessing is part of the ‘fun’ I suppose. Only thing that seems guaranteed is Cucurella’s not going to be a Brighton player much longer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here