Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hehe...BBC are backtracking a bit on the Cucu deal!! ???

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
What Romano and Naylor have posted isn’t mutually exclusive - one says deal ‘not done’, the other says medical and meeting with agents tomorrow (so deal ‘not done - yet’). Romano has more detail because Cucu’s agent is feeding him. Not difficult to follow.

[tweet]1554910785150885888[/tweet]

So as long as Colwill isn't agreed, Cucurella isn't either

This is where we are, TB ensuring we get someone in before the Cucurella deal is signed

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Good deal but cucurella acted a w nker . Leaves with no good will from me

Didn't Dunk refuse to play once to try to force a move? Club captain, one of our own, club legend and all that. They're footballers. If Cucurella was going to Everton, Villa or Fulham, I might be a bit upset. He's being given a chance to play Champions League football in a World Cup year. I don't really blame him to be honest.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So during his tenure at Palace, Jordan never sold a player before their contract was up! If someone came and made good offer for a player he never let them go.

I have no problem with the fact that MC is moving to a bigger club (even though I can't stand the top 6). If I was a professional player, I'd do the same, as I think most sensible NSCers would.

There’s a way of handling it though, Marc attempted to force the club into allowing him to leave for a fee that wasn’t deemed acceptable to them by handing in a transfer request and according to sources basically refusing to train.

I can forgive him for leaving but I think the way he and his agents handled it has been very poor towards the club who gave him the chance and didn’t try to stand in his way, we simply had a value that wasn’t met, at the time.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So during his tenure at Palace, Jordan never sold a player before their contract was up! If someone came and made good offer for a player he never let them go.

I have no problem with the fact that MC is moving to a bigger club (even though I can't stand the top 6). If I was a professional player, I'd do the same, as I think most sensible NSCers would.

I wouldn’t have pushed for it with a transfer request just 12 months into a five year contract, having made heart symbols to fans and crying over my first goal just weeks earlier.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Good deal but cucurella acted a w nker . Leaves with no good will from me

Why? he was very good for us, and we are selling to a far bigger club with genuine prospects of winning trophies during the years he will be there. What do footballers get into the game for? to try to be as successful as they can be, and to try to win trophies.

Man City came in with a bid, but it was under our valuation and we weren't prepared to let him go for that, but any player who is being bid on by a club like Man City would see it as a great opportunity to win things, at Man City it would likely be the league, deep runs in the Champions League and a chance to pick up a cup or 2 every season. How many footballers at any club would genuinely want to turn that opportunity down if the chance presented itself? It may have been his only chance to move to a club like that in his career, you can't blame someone for then trying to make it happen through the only real means open to them

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He literally said and did all the 'I love you' - 'I can't wait for next season' bollocks. F**k him.

I do appreciate he's going somewhere with CL and trophy potential, but £££ is a big part and the transfer request just was a piss take.

Football being called a business makes me cringe. Although it is kind of true.

So you do well at work and enjoy working with your mates, but another firm offers you a job for three times the money and better prospects, are you going to turn it down because you love your colleagues?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ironically, Cucu handing in a transfer request, is viewed as demonstrating poor character, so they dodged a bullet.

B2D1DD0B-92C2-446C-88F1-86BCE9A7DA98.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here