[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Life in the PL.

It’s a business. We’ll get over it.

Did I see someone saying they’ll boo him and another hopes he breaks his legs? Jesus! Must be fun in their houses after we lose a match.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The BBC are reporting it’s done.

I’d say that this sort of info is ‘above’ Naylor’s pay grade. I’m not sure why he is maintaining a deal is not done?

Brighton told him why. Wonder if it’s contingent on more certainty on the Colwill deal

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Not sure why everyone is enraged by this sale. This is the Brighton model isn't it? Buy low, sell high, reinvest some of the money in relative unknowns and repeat!

Putting the transfer request in was a poor decision by Cucurella but the sale would have gone through regardless as soon as someone met the asking price.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I thought nobody could replace El Greyhoundo when it came to proving good old-fashioned fun at t'football.
Cucu soon put an end to that.

I find it almost impossible to think we'll have another player along (or have one already) who'll make me laugh and smile like times last season.

But I have no doubt it'll happen eventually.

Bon voyage Marc - happy footballing in the future.

You laughed and smiled - when was that, when there was no queue for the bus?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Naylor says

NO

The All Seeing Eye, says “Done”.

B312545A-AB98-4F4C-9154-221798FC22EF.png

He wasn’t lying in May. Players do a job, and are not loyal to any club.

Fans are loyal, managers, and players aren’t. I doubt Cucurella had even heard of Brighton before he left Getafe. All players want to play at the highest level possible, and in his case, it’s CL.
Players sign long contracts because it puts their value up. Ben White signed a new contract and then went to Arsenal a year later.
That’s business.

He literally said and did all the 'I love you' - 'I can't wait for next season' bollocks. F**k him.

I do appreciate he's going somewhere with CL and trophy potential, but £££ is a big part and the transfer request just was a piss take.

Football being called a business makes me cringe. Although it is kind of true.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
[yt]4-594IaDeiE[/yt]

Jordan on the money again as usual this morning (unfortunately)

So during his tenure at Palace, Jordan never sold a player before their contract was up! If someone came and made good offer for a player he never let them go.

I have no problem with the fact that MC is moving to a bigger club (even though I can't stand the top 6). If I was a professional player, I'd do the same, as I think most sensible NSCers would.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The BBC are reporting it’s done.

I’d say that this sort of info is ‘above’ Naylor’s pay grade. I’m not sure why he is maintaining a deal is not done?

Gets a bunch of retweets and followers and when he "exclusively" announces the deal tomorrow, his fans will get a hard-on.

= making a living.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You laughed and smiled - when was that, when there was no queue for the bus?

Between chapters, same game Jnr came back with a bottle of diet coke LID ON!

what a day to be alive.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What Romano and Naylor have posted isn’t mutually exclusive - one says deal ‘not done’, the other says medical and meeting with agents tomorrow (so deal ‘not done - yet’). Romano has more detail because Cucu’s agent is feeding him. Not difficult to follow.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not sure why everyone is enraged by this sale. This is the Brighton model isn't it? Buy low, sell high, reinvest some of the money in relative unknowns and repeat!

Putting the transfer request in was a poor decision by Cucurella but the sale would have gone through regardless as soon as someone met the asking price.

Hardly anyone is enraged. Just a few hotheads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports