[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
I believe as he put in a transfer request he won't be entitled to part of the fee. Still I'm sure his wages will make up for that. Gutted he's gone especially after losing Bissouma but a great bit of business for the club who will no doubt invest it wisely!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I assume you mean over Cucurella’s desire to leave after just 11 months …I have to agree ..he won’t get a boo from me…but won’t be a polite clap either…whereas Burns return in a couple of weeks I will treat differently

However for all we know there was a promise made to him to encourage him to sign for us originally

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Thats good it has been sorted. A little miffed that he was so eager to leave at the 1st opportunity, a little mercenary springs to mind. Now await the new face to replace him

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Can we now Nick Sergio Gomez from city for the full house?

As an aside we really need to focus on getting some of contracts strengthen now.

We ‘100%’ need a left back alongside Colwill.

Udogie, Gomez, Grimaldo or Sosa. But a left footed top prospect will be essential to keeping our top 10 status. Maybe not that kid from manure.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well done to Guardiola/Romano for doing Chelsea’s scouting. On 16 June they started drip feeding their propaganda. The beginning of a 7 week plus campaign via the media to force TB’s hand.

Meanwhile, Chelsea take just 48 hours to make it happen, paying the full asking price.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
We ‘100%’ need a left back alongside Colwill.

Udogie, Gomez, Grimaldo or Sosa. But a left footed top prospect will be essential to keeping our top 10 status. Maybe not that kid from manure.

not going to happen but wouldnt it be funny if we snatched Gomez from under Man Citys noses

Get people saying he has ambition etc and it's his career, personally think he's a pr*ck for literally showing now loyalty and basically chatting absolute shite in May saying how he loved us, wanted to go elsewhere etc. F*ck him. Don't like liars. Will be getting a big fat two fingered salute and boo from me next season.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I sssume our scouting team are in South America now scouring clubs for a full/ wing back.

I'm sssure our scouting team already have a list of targets for left back and left wing back

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Now I know he's very good, but 35 premier league appearances, 1 goal, 1 International cap, £50M+

Would I be wrong to say ker'ching :wink:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

Well done to Guardiola/Romano for doing Chelsea’s scouting. On 16 June they started drip feeding their propaganda. The beginning of a 7 week plus campaign via the media to force TB’s hand.

Meanwhile, Chelsea take just 48 hours to make it happen, paying the full asking price.

Citeh will think very hard indeed about making public another, quite frankly, idiotic, embarrassing low-ball bid. Why on earth did they go toe-to-toe with Tony with no money in their wallet.

They’ve come out of this very badly indeed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Get people saying he has ambition etc and it's his career, personally think he's a pr*ck for literally showing now loyalty and basically chatting absolute shite in May saying how he loved us, wanted to go elsewhere etc. F*ck him. Don't like liars. Will be getting a big fat two fingered salute and boo from me next season.

He wasn’t lying in May. Players do a job, and are not loyal to any club.

Fans are loyal, managers, and players aren’t. I doubt Cucurella had even heard of Brighton before he left Getafe. All players want to play at the highest level possible, and in his case, it’s CL.
Players sign long contracts because it puts their value up. Ben White signed a new contract and then went to Arsenal a year later.
That’s business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports