[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It is what it is. Thanks Marc for helping us have a very good season last season and now we move on and focus on who still plays for the Albion.

Marc who? ???

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Those poor kids left with his shirt this season

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good luck to Cucurella, done well for his family.

Will applaud him when he comes back.

Really pleased City failed, and I think Pep will be quite p!ssed about it.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Actually ****ing gutted. Can't blame him for wanting to move to a huge club, good luck to him. Just wish we'd had him a bit longer.

Can take some solace in pissing off City at least.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
After pulling out of the Livramento deal, seems odd he would agree to this.

I don’t have an issue with a buy back if we proportionately benefit financially. It’s a lot stronger then a loan.

The buy back will also be reflected in the fee we pay and I don’t think it’s uncommon to settle / remove the clause in the interim if both sides are happy with an additional fee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That's interesting. What happened to 'just let the possible Chelsea bid lay around for a few days to see if some kind of desperation happens at City', then?

It's almost like: 'If the bid meets the club's evaluation, I'm not sure [TB would] give a stuff about what City think.'

If you are referring to this, written two office days ago,:

I could be wrong but think it appears to be sensible to just let the possible Chelsea bid lay around for a few days to see if some kind of desperation happens at City when they realise they won't get him for peanuts in the end and when they realise that the option of signing him next year would be pretty much gone if he moves to Chelsea. If they're not confident in the options, they just might say "**** it" and return with a proper bid, maybe outbidding Chelsea. Not sure if this is what will happen but makes a lot of sense to me.

... then yes, turned out it didn't happen. Contrary to your opinion that Bloom would accept not the potential best offer in a bid war but all bids that met the valuation, I still think that if Manchester City had made a desperate £60m, Tony would have said "**** Chelsea, you're going to City". But as that appears not have happened, I guess we'll never find out.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Those poor kids left with his shirt this season

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

They can always hold up a sign asking for his new shirt when we play Chelsea.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Wonderful player, a massive part of our best ever side, will always remember him fondly and wish him the best.

He gets the big move, money and Champions League football he wanted, we got a great season from him and a MASSIVE profit. Everyone’s a winner.

Well except City, think they’ll regret it.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Buyback is fine with me. If they want to buy him back down the road, that just means he has been tremendous for us so that's great, we take the profit on him, and get a replacement.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I sssume our scouting team are in South America now scouring clubs for a full/ wing back.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Good luck Marc (obviously apart from when Tariq rips you apart) :wink:

I think you'll settle in quicker that BW, but £50M+ is £50M+

I think Sarmiento could have a breakthrough year, while Mwepu and Caicedo get better and better. If AliMac carries on as he has been, with Dunk, Webster and Veltman, Big Bob, and Solly together with a fit (for the first time in years) Welbz, I think we'll survive :albion2::albion2:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

Can we now Nick Sergio Gomez from city for the full house?

As an aside we really need to focus on getting some of contracts strengthen now

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Sinclair “Not surprised Brighton haven’t matched his ambition and sold (incited cheaply)Bissouma to spurs”

how’s this man in work?

Sold our best player no less and in doing so showing a lack of ambition.
No mention of the fact that he was going into his last season on contract and unlikely to sign a new one.
Sinclair proving that most footballers are as thick as mince.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Another positive is that we are having very productive deals with Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea. With the likes of Lamptey coming here, as well as £130m in fees, and possibly another promising youngster, it is no bad thing to share productive relations with clubs that hoover up talent from the South East.

Money talks of course, but once those channels of communication are open, then hopefully it can be mutually beneficial.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports