Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I read the other day that the 2 deals are separate, so no guarantee that Colvill will go through

Yes need to agree terms with Colwill and talks still early apparently …

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I love this comment from the Moonies forum;

‘Every, and i mean every player is for sale. That’s the difference between our clubs, if the offer was right we’d sell.
But the Grealish, Foden, Ake comparisons are daft as they are totally different players all with totally different circumstances. As has been pointed out to you, all are CL regulars, Multiple PL winners, multiple domestic cup winners, regular internationals as well as first team players in the first two instances.
As great as you all think Cucurella is, he’s not proven! Jesus, I remember Lee Bradbury having a good season once, a world beater he was not trust me. So what exactly bar one half decent, not outstanding, season in the PL does Cucurella actually offer us?’

The obvious answer to that question is who ****ing cares ? If they don’t want him they shouldn’t be bidding. Tony/we don’t have to justify why THEY have initiated transfer enquiries for one of our players. If you don’t want him City just **** off.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Something I have found interesting during the Cucu saga is how the debacle has been reported by the media.

How in some quarters the narrative around Albion’s response to City’s interest is almost deluded - that we are posturing above our station.

BBC’s Simon Stone repeatedly refers to Albion’s ‘hardline approach’. Really? Hardline or the fact we are not prepared to be ripped off by a bigger club? If anything, City are taking a hardline and privileged approach to the entire process…

[yt]4-594IaDeiE[/yt]

Jordan on the money again as usual this morning (unfortunately)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I am not a fan of Cucurella, showed the club very little respect. Apparently he's in Spain right now, put in a transfer request after one year into a 5 year contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're fans. He was an employee. He did exceptionally well for us: player of the season in the year we got our highest ever points total and highest finish. He earned the big money move and he wanted it. I've absolutely no problem with that. The club seems to have played this perfectly: withstood the pressure from all parties, stayed consistent, maximised his value and sourced a replacement at the same time. Good luck to Cucu with his career. Just make sure you're a chicken Judas against the Albion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[tweet]1554894630889684999[/tweet]
Not a bad outcome in the circumstances.

Well done, Tony and the negotiation team.

A little bit of a sour taste for me - 11 months is a little early to be heading for the exit. Still, on we go.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Good on you.

It is a done deal though.

That's interesting. What happened to 'just let the possible Chelsea bid lay around for a few days to see if some kind of desperation happens at City', then?

It's almost like: 'If the bid meets the club's evaluation, I'm not sure [TB would] give a stuff about what City think.'

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

A little bit of a sour taste for me - 11 months is a little early to be heading for the exit. Still, on we go.

Yup. Hopefully Tariq will rip him a new ******** when we play them!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I assume you mean over Cucurella’s desire to leave after just 11 months …I have to agree ..he won’t get a boo from me…but won’t be a polite clap either…whereas Burns return in a couple of weeks I will treat differently

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here