[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
strange how neither city or chelsea fans can grasp firstly that the asking price has never been 50 million and was certainly never 30 million. the suggested 50m plus is a fairly loose guide.
secondly and somewhat oddly they just cant get that we dont want or need to sell hence the inflated valuation

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
£20 million. That would still nearly be £100 Million incoming leftover after Cucu, from last season until now.

I think we are forgetting the huge amount the club is in the red plus the current financial strife the nations in plus I imagine the reductions in season ticket sales £100 million might be helping fund the short fall incurred.

The club policy appears to be buy cheap develop sell move forward

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Taking longer than expected. I expect it's complicated by the Chelsea interest in DeJong and Fofana, and the price we are demanding. When a club like Chelsea are trying to bring in a few replacements I'm sure it starts to get a very complex job to fit these purchases within the total budget.
I hope Cucu is keeping himself fit and ready to go. We have a game at OT on Sunday.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
More importantly Tuchell needs to speak to Conte about his hair transplant and get the name of the Canadian guy who performed follicular miracles there. As Klopp is finding out, a club branded ball cap only goes so far in concealing a struggling barnet.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I hope Cucu is keeping himself fit and ready to go. We have a game at OT on Sunday.

He’s been absent from the training ground this week…

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
strange how neither city or chelsea fans can grasp firstly that the asking price has never been 50 million and was certainly never 30 million. the suggested 50m plus is a fairly loose guide.
secondly and somewhat oddly they just cant get that we dont want or need to sell hence the inflated valuation

They remind me of supporters of a little club in Yorkshire. Learnt everything they know about the game from Play Station. Perhaps they should check out the Deluded Leeds Fans and Ben White threads to gain some understanding of the way Tony works and for realization that he always wins.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
The club policy appears to be buy cheap develop sell move forward

you write that as if its some kind of new revelation rather than the clubs stated policy for a few years. We recruit from overseas and lower leagues young, develop the talent through the academy, u23s, loans etc and then sell for a profit if they dont quite make the grade , or sell to a top club when they come knocking.

White, Bissouma, Osstgarde, Groykeres, Walton, Tau and numerous sales to various other clubs all for healthy a healthy profit

It would have been the plan for Cucurella, its just happened a couple of seasons faster than we thought. It WILL be the same for Caceiado, Eniseco, and all the rest

The way we get the talent is to demonstrate a pathway to the first team, to top clubs when and if they come calling, or to a successful career elsewhere. To think we are a club able to hold on to world class players for any length of time is delusional.

Its a system that has worked well over the past few years and got us to 9th!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
you write that as if its some kind of new revelation rather than the clubs stated policy for a few years. We recruit from overseas and lower leagues young, develop the talent through the academy, u23s, loans etc and then sell for a profit if they dont quite make the grade , or sell to a top club when they come knocking.

White, Bissouma, Osstgarde, Groykeres, Walton, Tau and numerous sales to various other clubs all for healthy a healthy profit

It would have been the plan for Cucurella, its just happened a couple of seasons faster than we thought. It WILL be the same for Caceiado, Eniseco, and all the rest

The way we get the talent is to demonstrate a pathway to the first team, to top clubs when and if they come calling, or to a successful career elsewhere. To think we are a club able to hold on to world class players for any length of time is delusional.

Its a system that has worked well over the past few years and got us to 9th!

All true but I fear in a few years, unless we become a top six club, we are going to get very pissed off with others taking the best sweets out of the bag every fecking year :smile:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
All true but I fear in a few years, unless we become a top six club, we are going to get very pissed off with others taking the best sweets out of the bag every fecking year :smile:

We're not going to be real Madrid in our lifetime :dunky:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports