Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/marc-cucurella.355308/page-1129

A couple of good posts at the top but the comment about initial indication from Albion of £35m is puzzling. A figment of his imagination based on the sale of Bissouma (who only had one year left on this contract ) ? The same poster doesn’t think he is worth 50m +……you know, the fella with the hair, their Champions League chasing wannabes have been chasing ALL SUMMER…..:facepalm: I’m wondering whether he could have been one of the kids next to us at the Emptihad last season. Giving it large when their team scored, in a way that other top 6 supporters haven’t been, given the spending differential. I was embarrassed for them.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Times now reporting that Chelsea have bid is in excess of £50m.

With the Albion keen on Colwill only on a loan basis.

Great work by TB ... circa £52.5m? in cash coming to the club.

I wonder if we would accept £50M....or £52.5M or whatever. I think we would, and probably should. Chelsea oiks on Tw@tter need to realise though that £30M plus a promising but highly over-valued young player does not equal £50M!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/marc-cucurella.355308/page-1129

A couple of good posts at the top but the comment about initial indication from Albion of £35m is puzzling. A figment of his imagination based on the sale of Bissouma (who only had one year left on this contract ) ? The same poster doesn’t think he is worth 50m +……you know, the fella with the hair, their Champions League chasing wannabes have been chasing ALL SUMMER…..:facepalm: I’m wondering whether he could have been one of the kids next to us at the Emptihad last season. Giving it large when their team scored, in a way that other top 6 supporters haven’t been given the spending differential. I was embarrassed for them.

Some of the posters on there are f*cking hilarious. :lolol:

Their manager said they know if the right offer comes in for one of their players, they'll sell as it's the club's model, but rinsing everyone out for what they can get will win them few friends.

If they get in relegation grief & want a loan signing or two to get them out of a spiral, other clubs will have looooooong memories of how Bloom handled their enquiries.

It's a balancing act & Bloom is either grabbing what he can whilst he can, or playing Monopoly in real life & disregarding how to win friends & influence people.

Also, I've asked Brighton fans this question THREE TIMES & as yet not ONE has attempted an answer...

1. Brighton bought Cucurella for £15m 12 months ago.

2. City were willing to more than double the amount Brighton paid for the player.

3. Brighton reportedly want nearly FOUR TIMES what they paid for him 12 months ago.

Q: Who's bringing inflationary pressure into football & ruining it so smaller clubs can't compete. City or Brighton? :-/

1) If we want loans… :lolol: Great point, we should sell our best player for £5.27 just incase at some point in the future we’re in relegation trouble and want to sign somebody nobody from City reserves who’ll magically pull us over the line. Ignore the fact we don’t do loan, obviously.

2) Acting like City offering double what we paid magically makes the deal a good one. I wonder if they’d have been happy to double their money on Kompany after they’d signed him for what, £8m? It’s just fantasy from someone who doesn’t understand a thing about football.

3) Who's bringing inflationary pressure into football & ruining it so smaller clubs can't compete. City or Brighton?

It’s City.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

1) If we want loans… :lolol: Great point, we should sell our best player for £5.27 just incase at some point in the future we’re in relegation trouble and want to sign somebody nobody from City reserves who’ll magically pull us over the line. Ignore the fact we don’t do loan, obviously.

2) Acting like City offering double what we paid magically makes the deal a good one. I wonder if they’d have been happy to double their money on Kompany after they’d signed him for what, £8m? It’s just fantasy from someone who doesn’t understand a thing about football.

3) Who's bringing inflationary pressure into football & ruining it so smaller clubs can't compete. City or Brighton?

It’s City.

Point 3 lost all relevance the moment they started signing squad players for £50 million+ years ago.
It’s really made you realise how blinkered and batshit a huge amount of football supporters are, all this.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The price we paid for Cucu was the release clause amount - do they expect us to have paid more ?

The haggling was about trying not to pay in one payment.

Not really our fault the release fee was an utter bargain.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

It’s City.

one of their own pointed out that not long ago they splashed a 100m on sock boy. :mad:

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I reckon we’re already in agreement with Chelsea on this. Just waiting to get a replacement over the line.

I wonder who!. Given that they have accumulated over £85 Million in White and Bissouma , and possibly another £50 Million from Cucu.
£135Million In. And only £8.5 Million spent on Undav, and maybe £20+ million on future talent posted out to other clubs.

Maybe it's for the women's football. :lolol:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yep. Hopefully we’ve got somebody offering Udinese a big bag of money for Destiny Udogie as we speak.

I see someone has changed his wiki page! ??? :lolol:

And no... it wasn’t me.

Edit: Apparently, he’s singed a 5yr deal for 35m euros!! :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wonder who!. Given that they have accumulated over £85 Million in White and Bissouma , and possibly another £50 Million from Cucu.
£135Million In. And only £8.5 Million spent on Undav, and maybe £20+ million on future talent posted out to other clubs.

Maybe it's for the women's football. [emoji38]ol:
White was last season so players like Mwepu are on the otherside of that particular balance sheet.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
one of their own pointed out that not long ago they splashed a 100m on sock boy. :mad:

A lot of them seem to justify that as “well he had a buyout clause”.

So, if we’d given Cucurella stupid OTT clause then it would be okay would it? Absolute logic void from some of the morons who follow them. :lolol:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

It’s City.

Yup, that post is truly astounding. The idea that we would ‘win friends’ by letting our players leave on the cheap is remarkable really. Also, the entitlement that they can just waltz in and name their price for our players. I feel for their proper supporters from the old days.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Udogie.JPG

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
£20 million. That would still nearly be £100 Million incoming leftover after Cucu, from last season until now.

The club reported a loss of 65 m during Covid (I think). Enormous wages for the likes of Dunk, Lallana and Welbeck. It is also supposed to be self sufficient after TB put in around 300m quid. Not saying we won’t replace. Of course we will but we won’t be using the total incoming. This is the business model and it’s working.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Problem with Udogie is that Verona or Udinese or whoever actually owns him will quite rightly want £50 million from a side just about to sell their LWB for that price (and given they’re turned down some big offers already this summer).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here