Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

He's based in Manchester and could be on about City as the buyers in that. Doesn't seem to have obvious Chelsea links. Also, he's just regurgitating what we all know already - we won't sell unless our valuation is matched to the penny. We don't have to. The player is contracted for another four years, can get plenty of Spain selection exposure in Premier League games and we've survived Dunk and Stephens submitting transfer requests before.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Whilst I think we should sell, especially as we’ve got a player who wants to leave ... for all that guaranteed success (and money) ... no way should we accept anything other than a bid we simply couldn’t refuse.

I’d say we’re looking at 70 million, bearing in mind it might just be that Cucu is the one of the best attacking WBs of his generation, up there with Cafu, Carlos for me... for sheer talent and athleticism... in other words he’s virtually irreplaceable, he really is... sure we can ‘replace’ him but not like for like quality.

The big teams know this, as we do ... so, we hold firm 70 million.

If you consider the Grealish fee, the Maguire fee... it’s actually pretty reasonable for the super rich clubs, who by the way seem impervious to FFP or any of that utter bollocks... by this I mean, that they consider it bollocks as they’re permitted to trade in the way they do, as long as the CL/TV etc. is able to ‘cover’ the base unsustainable nature of it all.

I reckon we’re going to sell, but (for us) it’ll represent the biggest transfer we’re ever likely to see.

And I remember selling Kurt Nogan for about 250k - which btw I thought was HUGE. In truth, such is my disenfranchised relationship with current elite level players, I was and remain more gutted that we had to sell Nogan... nope, still not over it.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The exception that proves he rule :lolol:

But Hawksbee & Jacobs are fantastic, an amusing double act.

Fortunately he’s on most mornings (when I listen)….he’s badly needed to offset Sinclair and Keown
Souness will be doing Mondays from next week along with SJ and that other Scottish fella

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I love this idea of transfer negotiations that seems to have been fuelled by Twitter.
Dozens of representatives from both clubs sat in a dark room, opposite each other. Some looking petrified, some like they’re about to kill somebody. The general sense that at any moment some one could stick a pencil into someone else's neck. Nobody leaving. For days. Staring. Sort of like Breaking Bad meets Sexy Beast. Real unhinged dudes.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes. We know that Albion need cover and other outlets have suggested a fee for Colwill would be £20m. But you didn't say that.
Apparently - The "Chelsea lads" have heard that Albion were ok with a loan ? And that was now likely ? . and you're passing that on.
"Looks like a loan"...
What are you rambling on about :shrug: Since the Man City rumours emerged most posts on this thread are nothing but speculation.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Whilst I think we should sell, especially as we’ve got a player who wants to leave ... for all that guaranteed success (and money) ... no way should we accept anything other than a bid we simply couldn’t refuse.

I’d say we’re looking at 70 million, bearing in mind it might just be that Cucu is the one of the best attacking WBs of his generation, up there with Cafu, Carlos for me... for sheer talent and athleticism... in other words he’s virtually irreplaceable, he really is... sure we can ‘replace’ him but not like for like quality.

The big teams know this, as we do ... so, we hold firm 70 million.

If you consider the Grealish fee, the Maguire fee... it’s actually pretty reasonable for the super rich clubs, who by the way seem impervious to FFP or any of that utter bollocks... by this I mean, that they consider it bollocks as they’re permitted to trade in the way they do, as long as the CL/TV etc. is able to ‘cover’ the base unsustainable nature of it all.

I reckon we’re going to sell, but (for us) it’ll represent the biggest transfer we’re ever likely to see.

And I remember selling Kurt Nogan for about 250k - which btw I thought was HUGE. In truth, such is my disenfranchised relationship with current elite level players, I was and remain more gutted that we had to sell Nogan... nope, still not over it.

Suspect there is an agreed fee of £50m but possibly the Albion are doing all they can to either get a performance related add on or percentage sell on clause that might be the real delay. As you have said the whole deal could potentially be worth well in excess of £50m and it's these add ons that we are trying to get sorted.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I love this idea of transfer negotiations that seems to have been fuelled by Twitter.
Dozens of representatives from both clubs sat in a dark room, opposite each other. Some looking petrified, some like they’re about to kill somebody. The general sense that at any moment some one could stick a pencil into someone else's neck. Nobody leaving. For days. Staring. Sort of like Breaking Bad meets Sexy Beast. Real unhinged dudes.

Don't believe everything on Twitter...

Marc Cucurella
@cucurella3
·
23 May
Hello everyone! I can just say Thankyou for this amazing season! It’s been way better than I planed since day one. The staff, my teammates, the Fans, simply incredible. I’ve been enjoying every minute!
Now it’s time to recover and enjoy with my family. We see us next season!

OR NOT

I guess another one with a celling...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Don't believe everything on Twitter...

Marc Cucurella
@cucurella3
·
23 May
Hello everyone! I can just say Thankyou for this amazing season! It’s been way better than I planed since day one. The staff, my teammates, the Fans, simply incredible. I’ve been enjoying every minute!
Now it’s time to recover and enjoy with my family. We see us next season!

OR NOT

I guess another one with a celling...

Lol... you have to love these guys... I bet Dunk is a bit letdown too, given Cucu’s speech about him being the best Captain ever and how much he loved playing with him.

(Virtually)

A week later and he’s eyeing up City, or Chelsea, or anyone with a big wallet and a trophy cabinet that doesn’t have creaky hinges.

Heh heh.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Lol... you have to love these guys... I bet Dunk is a bit letdown too, given Cucu’s speech about him being the best Captain ever and how much he loved playing with him.

(Virtually)

A week later and he’s eyeing up City, or Chelsea, or anyone with a big wallet and a trophy cabinet that doesn’t have creaky hinges.

Heh heh.

Except it was that very evening that Cucu was bundled in to the boot of a car and driven repeatedly, at speed, around a roundabout, with Pep in the passenger seat screaming ‘join the club, JOIN THE CLUB!’ at him.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Except it was that very evening that Cucu was bundled in to the boot of a car and driven repeatedly, at speed, around a roundabout, with Pep in the passenger seat screaming ‘join the club, JOIN THE CLUB!’ at him.

Poor Cucu so many nests, where oh where does he lay his egg ?

Throstle Nest might be a start, maybe Farsley was his dream alllllllll along.

Or perhaps not.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fortunately he’s on most mornings (when I listen)….he’s badly needed to offset Sinclair and Keown
Souness will be doing Mondays from next week along with SJ and that other Scottish fella

I really like Souness, Gary Neville too. [Won the lot, clear opinions. There's nothing worse than wishy-washy fence-sitters zzzzzzzz].

SJ is ultra arrogant (I don't mind that), but he always bows to genuine knowledge of the game eg Danny Murphy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Poor Cucu so many nests, where oh where does he lay his egg ?

Throstle Nest might be a start.

I think West Brom are dreaming if they think they are in with a chance of signing Cucu :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Txiki (lights cigar) – sooo, you know Pep wants your Cucurella right? He’s going to finally, really be the missing piece of the Champions League jigsaw. (Hums the Champions League theme tune)

(off camera giggles)

Paul Barber – Tony, stop laughing, I’m sure Mr Mujika is perfectly serious and…..

(more giggles)

PB – oh FFS David, not you as well…….

Txiki – of course I’m serious. You think we’re ever going to win that tournament with a choice of Kevin’s twin or Joao ****ing Cancelo at left back? But with your beautiful big haired Spaniard….

PB – how much?

Txiki – well, erm, we’ve done a lot of research and we think three million pounds is perfectly fair. And, er, of course, this time when you and Tony come to the Emptyhad we’ll actually give you the good meals. The baked bean salad was a bit of a mix up.

(derisory hoots of laughter off camera)

PB – TONY. Have some decorum. Right. Three hundred million. Well, he’s certainly loved three times as much as Grealish at Brighton……

Txiki – Not THREE HUNDRED. Three. Three million. And we’ll bung in a football. You peasants must be running out of them by now.

(Sound of David Weir wetting himself laughing)

Tony Bloom – Er, no. Really, thanks, but no.

Txiki – I thought you may say that. Well, we’ve already got Romano The Tweet unsettling your precious hair bear, Cheshire’s finest estate agent finding somewhere nice away from the Grealish house for Mrs Cucurella and, if I have to, I’ll get them involved (points vaguely to a map of the Middle East).

Tony Bloom – Yeah. Ok. Whatevs. (rolls eyes).

Txiki – one minute. (disappears out of room).

PB – Is he going to get serious at any point? I’ve got some emails to answer.

Txiki (returning to room) – GREAT NEWS! I have authorisation to go TEN TIMES HIGHER. Yes, 25 million pounds. But no football and you still get the baked bean salad. And it’s too late to call off Romano The Tweet. We already paid him. Er, I mean, he already tweeted. Yes that. Definitely no money. None at all.

(David Weir is so overcome with laughter that he has to leave the room)

Tony Bloom – ok. I’ll level with you. We are looking at a very specific amount here. A “more than Ben White amount” if you catch my drift.

Txiki (Audible whisper to goon) – do you know anyone good at faking FFP returns? Not the Dullard. He’s one of them and he’s left Cheshire anyway. No? Oh. Shit.

PB – Tony, do you think I should use the standard bottle top template answer for Paul from Haywards Heath or craft my own? My own? Ok.

Txiki – YOU IDIOTS ARE CLEARLY NOT TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY. WE WALK AWAY FROM YOUR SHITTY DEAL! WE’RE DONE HERE. GOONS! GIVE THE LITTLE ONE A WEDGIE ON THE WAY OUT!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
No I work around West London heard it from the Chelsea lads. They want £20m can’t see us parting with that it would give some breathing space and cover on the left.

So some bloke who supports Chelsea said they think he’d cost £20m and you’ve decided that means it look like a loan because you can’t see us paying £20m for a young English CB who hasn’t played Championship level. Even though he’d be competing with Webster, who is a young English CB we paid £20m for who hadn’t played above Championship level?

F*ck me, it would have been better if it was off some useless Twitter source :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here