Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I'm over this deal now, I hope it gets resolved quickly. If Twatter is to be believed we may even hear something today, at least Chelsea do not seem to have been messing us around and have apparently tabled a serious bid.

Marc will get to move on to a top 4 club and play in the champions league all the while getting paid a huge salary, so good luck to him. Cucurella was a joy to watch last season from the very first minute to last and I am glad we have shown the footballing world that we know how to spot a good player.

That said it does seem like the club had a price they would accept (they could have made it astronomical and ruled out a transfer) and we'll get it. We'll be left with what I regard as the most exciting squad in our premier league history and I cannot wait to see what they can do. Roll on Sunday!

This.

To add: Twitter is never to be believed; we can definitely spot a good player (BIG TONY DATA) and the club appears unambiguous - “We will not stand in a player’s way if the club’s valuation is met.”

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
First we had the moron City fans telling us we’re greedy for wanting more than £30m. Now we have Chelsea fans having a breakdown because they think our £50m valuation was met but now we’re apparently changing the goalposts by asking for more, & not realising that the 50 figure is just something the media have made up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Looks like a loan for Colwill, I would rather it was Broja tbh.

If it is a loan then that's not such a bad thing. It means we can cover at LCB in a three with a decent left footed player but will probably be looking for one or two permanent replacements to fill in for Cucurella. If we can't get that done in this window then we can cover with Solly and Trossard, though we would be painfully exposed if we ever wanted to play a flat back 4 as no proper left back. Limits the tactics but having some cover on a loan while we get in the right player, rather than any old left footer is probably sensible.

I work with a Saints STH who said Broja started off well with them, including the game in December when he scored against us, but then trailed off very badly in the second half of the season and wasn't really interested in being there. Besides, he'd need game time as part of a loan and we've already got Welbz, Undav and Maupay.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
wrong thread

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Posh Spice is a slapper
She loves a deep hard fill
And when she's sh@gging Beckham
She's dreaming of Colwill

Too soon? :moo:

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
If it is a loan then that's not such a bad thing. It means we can cover at LCB in a three with a decent left footed player but will probably be looking for one or two permanent replacements to fill in for Cucurella. If we can't get that done in this window then we can cover with Solly and Trossard, though we would be painfully exposed if we ever wanted to play a flat back 4 as no proper left back. Limits the tactics but having some cover on a loan while we get in the right player, rather than any old left footer is probably sensible.

I work with a Saints STH who said Broja started off well with them, including the game in December when he scored against us, but then trailed off very badly in the second half of the season and wasn't really interested in being there. Besides, he'd need game time as part of a loan and we've already got Welbz, Undav and Maupay.

A loan would surely have to an absolute last resort as TB has consistently said he has no interest in making other clubs' players better. And Chelsea wanting to insert a buy-back option into the deal was why we didn't pursue Livramento.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
He didn’t get any grief because very few fans watched him play. Those that did attended the odd cup game or were the chosen few who managed to get a ticket during the lockdown era.

BW didn't put in a transfer req AFAIK, but I'm also not bothered about MC leaving under that cloud. As long as we get close to our valuation and it doesn't effect our performances mid season then you know, that's just football. That's the life we chose as a development club and we're being compensated for it.

Long may we keep it up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has he left yet?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's been reported that the fee has been agreed, Cucurella agreed terms, I assume it's now a case of working out the fee structure and that's why it has taken time. Plus Tony may have seen Rangers being played off the park last night so today is the day.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's been reported that the fee has been agreed, Cucurella agreed terms, I assume it's now a case of working out the fee structure and that's why it has taken time. Plus Tony may have seen Rangers being played off the park last night so today is the day.

So many rumours, but what I understood is that Chelsea have offered £50m and Brighton have said that isn't their number, but it's getting closer. Personal terms reported as agreed. Could drag on a bit more yet.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Maybe they are bringing in Colwill now which is proving complex.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A loan would surely have to an absolute last resort as TB has consistently said he has no interest in making other clubs' players better. And Chelsea wanting to insert a buy-back option into the deal was why we didn't pursue Livramento.

I'd normally agree but we'd need some immediate cover if we sell Cucurella, even if that has to be short term.

We'll have to see anyway, as this is all speculation, but I can be pretty sure in stating that we won't get Broja in, nor do we necessarily need him.

Stumpy Tim

I'd normally agree but we'd need some immediate cover if we sell Cucurella, even if that has to be short term.

I'm not sure we would be that desperate for cover. I imagine we would rather start Webster at the back, and Trossard/March on the left. And with injuries we still have Van Hecke, Duffy, Clarke etc. No way are we getting Colwell on loan

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm not sure we would be that desperate for cover. I imagine we would rather start Webster at the back, and Trossard/March on the left. And with injuries we still have Van Hecke, Duffy, Clarke etc. No way are we getting Colwell on loan

Now you've done it!......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here