Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We only had Been White playing for a season with us and he didn't get any grief.
MC has been here the same time and all hell breaks loose at times on this thread.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

He played in cup games for us before going on loans, but that’s being pedantic.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Many of us never saw Ben White play in the flesh either. My son and I had very little attachment to a player we'd only ever seen on the Roger Mellie (even though he is in both of our fantasy teams) and in an area where we had a load of cover.

I've never seen Cucu in the flesh as I'd given up my ST before COVID hit. I will this season but it likely won't be for us :facepalm:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If we're after more than £50m and the deal is complicated by finding a replacement, who knows, the whole thing might fall apart. I'm not totally sure Chelsea "need" him now Chilwell is fit

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
There's almost an anthropomorphic 'thing' about it. In the same way people think their dogs are human we think every Brighton player loves the club as much as we do and, yeah, sure they've got to think of their careers and their futures, but they're happy where they are. If they get a really good offer then they, will, reluctantly, move on but boy it'll take a lot to drag them away from the greatest little club on the planet.

The truth is of course they're all hired hands like all of us who work for people. Some are just more blatant about it than others. Cucu we were told only wanted to play for Pep, it was like a childhood dream and the chance was too good to turn down. However it turns out he wants to play for any big team where he can earn a shedload more money and maybe win a few trophies. Who knew? We thought he loved us! It's the realisation that we ARE just a stop on the journey that some people struggle with.

Fanthropomorphic

adjective
UK /ˌfæn.θrə.pəˈmɔː.fɪk/ US /ˌfæn.θrə.pəˈmɔːr.fɪk/

treating players, gods, or objects as if they are diehard fans in appearance, character, and behaviour:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A quick read of Blue Moon tells me that Albion upped the Cucu fee by 10 million to 60 million once Chelsea came in. Lots of ITK posters on that forum who know more about Albion transfer business than Albion fans :shrug:

Oh and agents will be advising players not to come here because of our behaviour towards City and Chelsea in this transfer story, holding players to ransom with unreasonable fees asked.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A quick read of Blue Moon tells me that Albion upped the Cucu fee by 10 million to 60 million once Chelsea came in. Lots of ITK posters on that forum who know more about Albion transfer business than Albion fans :shrug:

Oh and agents will be advising players not to come here because of our behaviour towards City and Chelsea in this transfer story, holding players to ransom with unreasonable fees asked.

Same forum that says Txiki ‘told Tony Bloom to **** off’. It’s way worse than on here for BS speculation and made up shite :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I like the posts about Chelsea buying the league ... from City fans, of all people

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

Delusional paranoia on an industrial scale. If FFP is starting to bite, their landing is going to be hard.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm over this deal now, I hope it gets resolved quickly. If Twatter is to be believed we may even hear something today, at least Chelsea do not seem to have been messing us around and have apparently tabled a serious bid.

Marc will get to move on to a top 4 club and play in the champions league all the while getting paid a huge salary, so good luck to him. Cucurella was a joy to watch last season from the very first minute to last and I am glad we have shown the footballing world that we know how to spot a good player.

That said it does seem like the club had a price they would accept (they could have made it astronomical and ruled out a transfer) and we'll get it. We'll be left with what I regard as the most exciting squad in our premier league history and I cannot wait to see what they can do. Roll on Sunday!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
If we're after more than £50m and the deal is complicated by finding a replacement, who knows, the whole thing might fall apart. I'm not totally sure Chelsea "need" him now Chilwell is fit

Cucurella could be better than Chilwell. And they definitely need two capable LBs to compete for both EPL and UCL. Plus Chilwell maybe “fit”, but if he gets injured again, or if he’s not at the levels of 2 years ago, that’s a problem. And the new owners don’t really want to piss off Tuchel.

el punal

We only had Been White playing for a season with us and he didn't get any grief.
MC has been here the same time and all hell breaks loose at times on this thread.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

He didn’t get any grief because very few fans watched him play. Those that did attended the odd cup game or were the chosen few who managed to get a ticket during the lockdown era.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I still find it insane that little old Brighton have a left back, a left back that's potentially leaving for more than £50m. It's ridiculous... No disrespect meant at all as both were great servants of the club, but we've come a long way from Kerry Mayo and Nathan Jones

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Higher than £50 million. Wowsees.

Wowsees to some. I've been saying we start at 60 from the day of the first speculation.

He basically plays in three positions, all of which are hard to replace, has four years left on his contract and led us in a huge number of stats last season, plus winning both POTS awards. It shouldn't be a surprise.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
From Twitter comments it sounds like this one still has some work to do on it regarding finalising the deal and agreeing the Colwill purchase on which there are some conflicting comments.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I still find it insane that little old Brighton have a left back, a left back that's potentially leaving for more than £50m. It's ridiculous... No disrespect meant at all as both were great servants of the club, but we've come a long way from Kerry Mayo and Nathan Jones

BensGrandad will be spinning in his grave.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Funny lot football fans, I guess we all do it to a degree, but you know, recent evidence is Burn allowed to go in January, both White and Bissouma deals were done and dusted before the end of July. Hardly got the reputation of a club that doesn't allow players to move.

Perhaps Man City fans should be asking themselves why it took their club to the back end of July to make an initial derisory bid? Theirs is not a sudden 'oh bugger we need a left sided defender' they've known this since end of May. My suspicion is they thought they could put time pressure on us, get the player unsettled and force a move. Really shoddy way to do business if you consider how relatively smoothly the White and Bissouma deals went.

The cloth cuts both ways of course, we picked up the excellent services of Lamptey, so suspect that the Chelsea discussions are a lot more constructive / congenial than City's approach.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
While i think Romano is a shit stirring bellend, he quite clearly has a good arrangement with agents and of course knows a fair bit about what's happening.

What he doesn't know what our club is thinking.

His obsession with this transfer though and regular 'non news' updates has been pretty desperate click bait.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

He was ‘obsessed’ with it when he signed for us too.

It’s the biggest transfer in the market besides de jong so of course he’s spamming it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here