Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
While i think Romano is a shit stirring bellend, he quite clearly has a good arrangement with agents and of course knows a fair bit about what's happening.

What he doesn't know what our club is thinking.

His obsession with this transfer though and regular 'non news' updates has been pretty desperate click bait.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let's not derail the thread AGAIN with a load of tit for tat bullshit, eh?

Woooow someone has woken up in Rainbows&UnicornLand.

Yet another jealousy fueled rage at AN is just around the corner.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Been plenty of news from Romano on the Cucurella deal, people saying "he knows nowt, just a chancer", then Naylor repeats it a day or two later and it becomes "oh shit, Naylor knows it all".

Whether he has previously been first on Brighton news, I don't know. Who keeps track of that in the past? Once the deal is done, it gets forgotten. Do you remember who was the first one to report about BW to Arsenal? Or the first one to say he would actually sign with them?

Anyway, each to their own. For those of us aware of Romanos general accuracy, it is interesting to hear about the Chelsea bid. Those who are not aware does not need to care.

He said Cucu only wanted to sign for City.

All his information on the Cucu deal someone else has posted previously.

Posted nothing that was his exclusive.

That's how he sucks people in.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
We only had Been White playing for a season with us and he didn't get any grief.
MC has been here the same time and all hell breaks loose at times on this thread.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We only had Been White playing for a season with us and he didn't get any grief.
MC has been here the same time and all hell breaks loose at times on this thread.

Didn't he get booed by a (very) few fans in the first game against Arsenal?

Anyway, I think the reason people are throwing more shit in the direction of Cucurella is because they like him more. Obviously all the players in the squad would love to move to City or Chelsea so either pretty much every footballer on the planet got a specific "mercenary"-gene that is hideous, immoral and senseless, or it is just human behavior and we'd be doing the exact same shit if we were ever in a position to do so.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not sure if already mentioned but Chelsea isn’t a million miles from here so may he may not even need to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It has. I cannot fathom why people continually think that a player has to live within walking distance of the ground!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pity there is not a Romano thread.

I reckon :

(1) he likes to keep 'in' with global brand clubs like Man City so has a slight bias there.

(2) Cucu's agent is actively pushing him info in this case. He's happy to go with it.

(3) He is a reasonable source, not one who makes things up.

Back to Cucurella....

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Didn't he get booed by a (very) few fans in the first game against Arsenal?

Anyway, I think the reason people are throwing more shit in the direction of Cucurella is because they like him more. Obviously all the players in the squad would love to move to City or Chelsea so either pretty much every footballer on the planet got a specific "mercenary"-gene that is hideous, immoral and senseless, or it is just human behavior and we'd be doing the exact same shit if we were ever in a position to do so.
There's almost an anthropomorphic 'thing' about it. In the same way people think their dogs are human we think every Brighton player loves the club as much as we do and, yeah, sure they've got to think of their careers and their futures, but they're happy where they are. If they get a really good offer then they, will, reluctantly, move on but boy it'll take a lot to drag them away from the greatest little club on the planet.

The truth is of course they're all hired hands like all of us who work for people. Some are just more blatant about it than others. Cucu we were told only wanted to play for Pep, it was like a childhood dream and the chance was too good to turn down. However it turns out he wants to play for any big team where he can earn a shedload more money and maybe win a few trophies. Who knew? We thought he loved us! It's the realisation that we ARE just a stop on the journey that some people struggle with.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Which one are you going for ?

Oh, it’s such a difficult decision………

I think I might have to look elsewhere. There are (much) cheaper options.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
In that case it was more Stockdale than Pritchard. Also the 10 mins of he's a w*nker when he was being interviewed by sky was classic. Where is he now?

The two goals were of course Stockdale own goals but in my opinion Pritchard was pumped up; he played well that day, they were his shots and it was uncomfortable for me.

He is now at Sunderland, but who really cares (except Sunderland fans)?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1554721428091682817[/tweet]

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
[tweet]1554723102902337536[/tweet]

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Difference is that in a Rolls Royce sort of way, Ben White was a bit vanilla. The performance was there, but you barely noticed him. I didn't really form any fan attachment to him. Marc on the other hand blazed in like a comet with a trail of hair and character. You couldn't miss him and every Brighton fan and player alike loved him. Man City unsettled him and why wouldn't he want to go? If they had agreed to pay the price, he would have gone with our blessing. But they wooed him then wouldn't pay. His agent presumably said press the transfer request button, but presumably that isn't buying club specific. So Chelsea nipped in and offered the price. Possibly Marc is happy with second best, loads of money and Champions League, but he has been drawn in to burning his boats somewhat with Albion in his quest for his first choice of City. Maybe he'll soon forget City under Tuchel at Chelsea, especially if they challenge in the Prem or win a Cup, but I think they will still be second best for him. Personally I see it as a messy end to his time with us. We aren't happy to lose our new favourite so quickly, City don't have their ideal left back, Chelsea know they are second best and despite the financial rewards, Marc missed out on the club he wanted. At least Albion have £50m for a new hero.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Difference is that in a Rolls Royce sort of way, Ben White was a bit vanilla. The performance was there, but you barely noticed him. I didn't really form any fan attachment to him. Marc on the other hand blazed in like a comet with a trail of hair and character. You couldn't miss him and every Brighton fan and player alike loved him. Man City unsettled him and why wouldn't he want to go? If they had agreed to pay the price, he would have gone with our blessing. But they wooed him then wouldn't pay. His agent presumably said press the transfer request button, but presumably that isn't buying club specific. So Chelsea nipped in and offered the price. Possibly Marc is happy with second best, loads of money and Champions League, but he has been drawn in to burning his boats somewhat with Albion in his quest for his first choice of City. Maybe he'll soon forget City under Tuchel at Chelsea, especially if they challenge in the Prem or win a Cup, but I think they will still be second best for him. Personally I see it as a messy end to his time with us. We aren't happy to lose our new favourite so quickly, City don't have their ideal left back, Chelsea know they are second best and despite the financial rewards, Marc missed out on the club he wanted. At least Albion have £50m for a new hero.

Many of us never saw Ben White play in the flesh either. My son and I had very little attachment to a player we'd only ever seen on the Roger Mellie (even though he is in both of our fantasy teams) and in an area where we had a load of cover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here