Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If we can get over 50 million plus some kind of first refusal on Colwill we’d have played a blinder.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
In excess of 50m according to fabrizio. But wait everyone says he’s full of shit..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t he say Cucu ONLY wanted City? I think he also said Messi would never join PSG too didn’t he?

So not that solid tbh is he.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'll just refer you to your comment, and leave it there; "No amount of money is too much if it's coming your way".

Go on, tell me where your cut off is, I have told you there is not one for me. I think you may have taken my comment to mean I am chasing riches, I am not, but there is no sum of money I would turn down if offered because it was too much.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
City are reportedly looking at Sergio Gomez, but thought to be for development rather than straight in the first squad, would be hilarious if Anderlecht want more than they value him at, and we then outbid them for him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Didn’t he say Cucu ONLY wanted City? I think he also said Messi would never join PSG too didn’t he?

So not that solid tbh is he.

Maybe he only wanted City when Brighton was the only option, until Chelsea stepped in. :shrug:

As for the Messi to PSG deal, we know what happened and how it really wasn't a planned move but ended up happening anyway, because it was necessary.

Look, I know you probably overpaid for some The Athletic subscription but this bloke knows a lot about what goes on. Sometimes he gets it wrong, because that is what happens when you actually make claims before 10 other journalists claim the same thing.

Happy that the bid is above £50m.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Maybe he only wanted City when Brighton was the only option, until Chelsea stepped in. :shrug:

As for the Messi to PSG deal, we know what happened and how it really wasn't a planned move but ended up happening anyway, because it was necessary.

Look, I know you probably overpaid for some The Athletic subscription but this bloke knows a lot about what goes on. Sometimes he gets it wrong, because that is what happens when you actually make claims before 10 other journalists claim the same thing.

Happy that the bid is above £50m.

He doesn't know shit about our players is all that matters.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Yes, really.

And no, I don't think the club is leaking information to him.

So then he knows nothing of what we are doing.

He's doing what he often does and just stealing made up stuff other people knew already or made up and posting like it's him who had the inside scoop.

Basically, when handing in his transfer request Marc has said i want out as your valuation of me is too high. City want me and i want them but 50 million is unrealistically high. Chelsea come in and say city don't think your worth that but we do and will pay it. As for Marc, he wanted city but yes, you'll do Chelsea. Perhaps a good season at Chelsea and city may get him next summer for 80 million?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Ozmike in Hastings, I will be going to the Amex for the Newcastle game and was hoping to see him play.
That may all be dashed.
:shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So then he knows nothing of what we are doing.

He's doing what he often does and just stealing made up stuff other people knew already or made up and posting like it's him who had the inside scoop.

Yes, he does.

And nope, he has good connections. There's a few who got them - Romano, Ornstein, Di Marzio, Ogden etc. They often deliver information before others do, information that then usually turns out to be correct. Thats how people know they got inside information.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Yes, he does.

Where is the proof of this?

When did he break an exclusive story on Brighton and Hove Albion?

I can't remember one out of the multitude of signings we've made.

If he gets all this info on us he'd surely have left a trail of Brighton and Hove Albion exclusives wouldn't he?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Let's not derail the thread AGAIN with a load of tit for tat bullshit, eh?

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Let’s put a hypothetical situation to you :

You work for a regional company. You’ve been there for just over twelve months and have been incredibly successful, hit all your targets and been recognised as employee of the year. Your progress has been noted by an international firm based in London. They are headhunting you to join them. They are offering you relocation expenses, a whopping salary increase, productivity bonuses and a clear path to promotion. The problem is you and your family love where you are at present and you certainly enjoy working for your current employer.

Be truthful and decide whether you stay or take on your new role. More to the point would anyone consider you disloyal if you accepted the offer?

Not sure if already mentioned but Chelsea isn’t a million miles from here so may he may not even need to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Where is the proof of this?

When did he break an exclusive story on Brighton and Hove Albion?

I can't remember one out of the multitude of signings we've made.

If he gets all this info on us he'd surely have left a trail of Brighton and Hove Albion exclusives wouldn't he?

Been plenty of news from Romano on the Cucurella deal, people saying "he knows nowt, just a chancer", then Naylor repeats it a day or two later and it becomes "oh shit, Naylor knows it all".

Whether he has previously been first on Brighton news, I don't know. Who keeps track of that in the past? Once the deal is done, it gets forgotten. Do you remember who was the first one to report about BW to Arsenal? Or the first one to say he would actually sign with them?

Anyway, each to their own. For those of us aware of Romanos general accuracy, it is interesting to hear about the Chelsea bid. Those who are not aware does not need to care.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here