Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I suppose that getting involved I this kind of nonsense has always been the plan. We knew he was going and these are the negotiation strategies that are used. We just get the best deal we can, Bloom and the others are the best people to get the best deal.

All the tears, hearts and badge kissing are looking hollow now though

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

I’ve just lost my watch - a nice but not super expensive Rotary - and have been looking on the internet for what to buy. Facebook has picked this up and I am getting stuff about watches. Yesterday I got something about a brand I had not heard of before, not being up on such things. Vacheron Constantin or something like that. Oh, that looks nice, I thought. £68,000! Well maybe not.

I then got one about Patek Philippe, of which I have heard. Peter James has written about them. There was one which was £685,000 - six hundred and eighty-five thousand pounds! Gosh!

I just get adverts for local birds that give £50 topless hand shandies.:shrug::shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ooooh ............. can you buy tickets to go and look? What an unforgettable experience that would be ...................................... :facepalm:

You can buy excellent watches for £4.95 (or if you see a prettier one who can go to £9.95). These watches are 100% accurate, never stop, and generally outlive the straps they're on (about two or three years usually). Buying a new watch (with a strap, obvs.) is cheaper than getting a new watch so £4.95 it is. What exactly do I get for the extra £684,995.05 - do thwy include a free badge saying "I am a prat with too much money"?

:lolol::lolol::lolol:Exactly that……..I was in a conversation with one such person years ago (with a bigger group) who was telling us all about his new Breitling (the ‘emergency’ - had some kind of pull-out button that alerted helicopter rescue or something - made for skiers in case of avalanche I think) that had cost several thousand quid. After being ripped abut the likelihood of needing a rescue helicopter from our office near London Bridge station, I asked him what the time was. He looked and said ‘10.05’ or whatever at which point I glanced at my £30 sekonda and said ‘yep, same’ :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

Now that Shitty have lost out on Cucu, they are seemingly targeting the same left backs as us! FFS

“Manchester City have opened talks with Anderlecht over Spain Under-21 left-back Sergio Gomez, 21, as an alternative to Brighton target, Spaniard Marc Cucurella, 24. (Times - subscription required)” BBC

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
:lolol::lolol::lolol:Exactly that……..I was in a conversation with one such person years ago (with a bigger group) who was telling us all about his new Breitling (the ‘emergency’ - had some kind of pull-out button that alerted helicopter rescue or something - made for skiers in case of avalanche I think) that had cost several thousand quid. After being ripped abut the likelihood of needing a rescue helicopter from our office near London Bridge station, I asked him what the time was. He looked and said ‘10.05’ or whatever at which point I glanced at my £30 sekonda and said ‘yep, same’ :lolol:

Sekonda?

Such a f***in' snob!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yep totally and utterly unsustainable on every level.

But hey it’s okay, as long as us poor people keep spending £100 on a replica shirt or two, and lapping up ever increasing season ticket prices, not to mention tv sports packages ... how could any of us call it out for just being plain wrong ?

Obviously I wouldn’t begrudge anyone profiteering off the back of normal people’s struggles... you know, to watch the game they love.

I can’t believe people think it’s a.) acceptable and b.) sustainable.

I often compare it in my mind to the price of a record, it’s the same if it’s by a genius like Lennon or some bloke playing gigs down his local ... they earn their fortune from pure talent and a % of selling literally millions of records... do footballers deserve the same level of earnings ? Not for me they don’t - especially when the business model behind it is utterly broken.

The point being I pay £10 for Imagine and £10 for Les Bennett’s Imaginings... it’s art it’s subjective ... but talent will out.

Football is broken, yes there’s talent, but by God they simply earn WAY too much money for what they do ... it’s absolutely criminal.

But it's not just football. That's a microcosm for society in general. There's far too many people way too greedy and draining the blood out of companies and the country.

Over 150 council employees in London ALONE earned more money than the Prime Minister did. In the UK it's over 600.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/04/06/council-staff-earning-100000-hits-highest-level-decade/

I know it's off the subject, but "greed is good" (Wolf of Wall St) has permeated the whole of society on all levels. Footballers are just part of it, as are pop stars, movie stars and so on.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Now that Shitty have lost out on Cucu, they are seemingly targeting the same left backs as us! FFS

“Manchester City have opened talks with Anderlecht over Spain Under-21 left-back Sergio Gomez, 21, as an alternative to Brighton target, Spaniard Marc Cucurella, 24. (Times - subscription required)” BBC

Makes sense for them, cuts out the middle man. Just wait and see who we are targeting and sign them. They won’t have to pay “over the odds” (their words) for a Marc Cucurella again.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Meanwhile, has he SINGED for anyone yet?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Meanwhile, has he SINGED for anyone yet?

Chelsea closing in on Cucurella deal?

Sky Sports News chief reporter Kaveh Solhekol:

"As far as Chelsea and Marc Cucurella are concerned, talks are continuing. Brighton have said the player can only leave if their valuation is met - about £50m - and Chelsea are willing to pay that.
"The player himself is willing to move to Chelsea as well so it looks as though that deal could be done pretty soon."

This is clearly ‘done’ but not ‘dusted’.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My only poblem here is that I've disliked Chelsea for far longer than I've disliked Citeh (who I really didn't mind that much until they started dicking around and trying to bully us over Cucurella).

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
And there we have it.

Not sure what triumph you have decided you now have, but do tell us what the magic number is that you would refuse receiving a penny more than, just so I know when I am being greedy rather than prudent.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I was about to ask the same. I've looked through a couple of pages worth of posts and I can't see anything about Marc.

Whenever he does, it will be for an obscene amount, and at obscene wage, or market price, depending on your point of view.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
86D8B6F2-750B-4315-A1B9-FCCB5D4F7113.jpg

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Not sure what triumph you have decided you now have, but do tell us what the magic number is that you would refuse receiving a penny more than, just so I know when I am being greedy rather than prudent.

I'll just refer you to your comment, and leave it there; "No amount of money is too much if it's coming your way".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here