Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Too late, he’s already signed the contract. If he doesn’t show you’ll be hearing from my lawyers!

Ok, you drive a hard bargain. I'll pay you ¥30* to get him out of your contact.

I think that's a fair and equitable offer for someone who has only one years experience of grass cutting. Especially when there's better mowers about for less.

*no need to check the exchange rate.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just a thought, have Chelsea had their funds released now after the Russians assets were frozen?

I think the guy who took over is obliged as part of the deal to invest many many millions in the club and infrastructure.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Just a thought, have Chelsea had their funds released now after the Russians assets were frozen?

The club was sold. The profits from the sale would be Abramovic's, so may be frozen, but Chelsea's are not as they have new owners who are not linked to Putin.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Palace. But they're waiting for a proper club to buy him so that they can offer to take him on loan and pretend he's their player.

We normally wait for the contract to run down and then sign a player on a free, who then helps us get promoted :lolol:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I think the guy who took over is obliged as part of the deal to invest many many millions in the club and infrastructure.

and Brighton by the looks of it.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Looks nailed on now and sure to be 50+ add on's. Great business for us and pleased we'll bank a significant amount for uncle Tony where we can reinvest, rinse and repeat.

Marc the mercenary, off you pop.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
The club was sold. The profits from the sale would be Abramovic's, so may be frozen, but Chelsea's are not as they have new owners who are not linked to Putin.

I think the deal was that all the money was to go to charity, the distribution had to be approved by UK government, had to largely go to Ukrainian charities.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm

Yep.

Disappointed in the way he has conducted himself during all this.
He could have just sat in the background, waiting for it all to unfold.
Instead, he chose to let himself get manipulated and hand in a transfer request.
Poor form, but he's going now so the sooner the better so we can make plans for a replacement.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Looks nailed on now and sure to be 50+ add on's. Great business for us and pleased we'll bank a significant amount for uncle Tony where we can reinvest, rinse and repeat.

I agree with your first point, but not your second. I don't think he's being a mercenary at all. His ultimate aim when signing for us would have been to showcase himself in the PL, with a view to getting a move to a top club (either here or abroad). I think the Albion would have been under no illusions regarding that either. Ultimately, his performances and progression have happened faster than anyone anticipated.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I wouldn't touch Cucurella with a bargepole on my lawn.

That hair....and a lawn mower....FFS..!

Marc Cucurella
He drinks a Stella
And he drives a Hayter

images (1).jpeg

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Yep.

Disappointed in the way he has conducted himself during all this.
He could have just sat in the background, waiting for it all to unfold.
Instead, he chose to let himself get manipulated and hand in a transfer request.
Poor form, but he's going now so the sooner the better so we can make plans for a replacement.

I think its naive to think players of talent will stay with us for the longer term unless we are in Europe. Its part of the club policy to buy in players with talent and move them on for massive profit. I think majority of club's in the PL would love to turn an investment of £15M into £50M within a year. Until we are in Europe and won silver over several seasons don't expect us to keep our stars. There are exceptions of course. Im a little shocked there's been no real interest in Trossard who I would argue is our most influential player.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
To be fair to Brighton selling cucurella for huge profit and bringing in angelino with some of the profit is brilliant business. Very well run club

I’ve found a sensible Manc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here