Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
One of Graham Potter's many attributes is that he is focused on 'now'.

In today's terms I suppose you would describe him as 'mindful' in that he accepts the past is gone and irretrievable and that the future is uncertain.

The only place he can act is in the present.

By doing that he won't measure what we have lost with Bissouma leaving or with futile speculation about Cucurella possibly/probably going.

He will be concentrating on where the current squad is mentally and physically now and what he can do to carry on improving it. Both in football and in life that saves a lot of wasted time and emotions.....

Last edited:

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
I could be wrong but think it appears to be sensible to just let the possible Chelsea bid lay around for a few days to see if some kind of desperation happens at City when they realise they won't get him for peanuts in the end and when they realise that the option of signing him next year would be pretty much gone if he moves to Chelsea. If they're not confident in the options, they just might say "**** it" and return with a proper bid, maybe outbidding Chelsea. Not sure if this is what will happen but makes a lot of sense to me.

It's a possibility. Cucurella is Peps first choice. If they now move on to other targets clubs are going to know they are getting desperate and up the price. City could easily end up with a worse player for more money.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The problem with this is we need the player far more than we need the money. If we want to continue having seasons like last year we need to keep hold of these players, otherwise its back to bottom of the table tussles and eventual relegation.

I agree, and so think that part of the thinking will be that he won’t go anywhere unless we have decent plans to cope - or even thrive - without him.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Agree , Cucu for us is excellent but I'm not convinced he is champs league / title winning level at all

I am. I've seen very few other players with an engine like his and the fact that its combined with the technique of a Barca graduate make him something special. I think that he will be going to the World Cup in November. Spain look to be planning to play with wing backs and Alba and Cucurella are the best they have in the position. Chelsea obviously consider him a better choice than Alonso, who struggled to play the role for Tuchel last season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The most interesting thing about this thread at the moment is whether it will make 800k views before Cucu is seen holding up another team's shirt

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyway, to take this thread even further off topic, never mind us losing Bissouma - what about Leicester's prospect of losing Kasper Schmeichel, club captain, who has played all but 90 minutes of the last 4 seasons...

Quite a lot of noise about Leicester needing to rein their spending in (or not trusting Rogers to spend wisely)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Leicester do seem to be ‘watching their pennies’ this window. I can see a few problems ahead there.

I think they've had the seventh highest playing budget for the past couple of seasons. I seem to remember seeing that on one of those wage charts that get posted on here from time to time.

If I've remembered correctly and not just made that up it can't be sustainable without champions league money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here