Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
True, unlike [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] who will be moving on with GP, although becoming an England fan will be a tough ask for him I think :wink:

I could do that.

Much preferable compared to having to follow City/Spurs/Arsenal/United/Chelsea each week... not sure I could do that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I could be wrong but think it appears to be sensible to just let the possible Chelsea bid lay around for a few days to see if some kind of desperation happens at City when they realise they won't get him for peanuts in the end and when they realise that the option of signing him next year would be pretty much gone if he moves to Chelsea. If they're not confident in the options, they just might say "**** it" and return with a proper bid, maybe outbidding Chelsea. Not sure if this is what will happen but makes a lot of sense to me.

Metro reporting in last hour that the player has agreed personal terms with Chelsea

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....righton-defender-marc-cucurella-17110471/amp/

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
True, unlike [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] who will be moving on with GP, although becoming an England fan will be a tough ask for him I think :wink:

Anyway I'm #teamsouthgate our most successful manager since Sir Alf. Give him all the time he needs to rebuild from what will probably be a fiasco in Qatar

Well we will be seeing him on this site until around November time l reckon, when Southgate is given the order of the boot after England's poor showing at the World Cup.

Get ready to say Hejda everyone. :bigwave:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Now do the with/without Caicedo stats to calm everyone down even more.

With Caicedo it's:

Played 8 games
16 goals scored
8 goals conceded
5 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat (away at Man City).
Average PPG = 2.125

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Metro reporting in last hour that the player has agreed personal terms with Chelsea

Yup, quite possible that is the case, just like it is quite possible it was the case when the same thing was said about Cucurella and Chelsea.

"Hi Marc, we're willing to offer you a ****ton of money."

"Yes sounds good, I'll take that thank you."

Personal terms agreed.

That was never going to be the obstacle though.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well players come and go…looks like we had one season of a very good player and a few seasons of a good player.

We are now really relying on our South American contingent to really step up and boss the midfields.

I am not bed wetting but I do see what some premier sides, like West Ham have done by way of purchasing decent players and again we can’t compete with the big teams in this league, therefore I think we should realign our “ let’s kick on “ mantra as if you were looking at this from outside, getting rid of two of our best players and not replacing them with better players would suggest we are actually not.

The twitter rumour of Trossard to Italy I hope is total bollocks as losing three of our best players looks more than careless

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If we take a step back and look at the bigger picture, the club don't NEED to sell Cucurella. However, in seemingly agreeing a deal, they obviously think that a) it's the best thing for the club and the player and b) that the first team will be ok without him. Tony is a fan – just like all of us on here – so there is no way he would jeopardise the quality of the squad (or, more importantly, his potential income) by holding a fire sale with our players.

I don't get the doom and gloom from some people. Players come and go, regardless of how good they are. And they are replaced – often with players that are of an even better quality.

I say trust the club to do the 'right' thing.

Totally agree with this, the amount of grief on here is unbelievable.

I love Cucurella and Biss, but this is how the game evolves. I wish them both well except when they play us, and I'm grateful that I've seen them playing for my team.
But don't blame the players for having the skill and ambition to play a higher level and earn better wages, that's why they do it.

The only way they will think about staying at the club if we as a team keep improving, and qualify for European competitions, which is obviously TB's and GP's goal.

Moaning that we have no replacement for Cucu before we sold him is pathetic, what would we have done if he'd had an injury like Moder? GP would have altered his system to suit the players available to him.
The club are basically trying to have three players for each position to cover these eventualities.

Sad to lose them, happy to follow the master plan.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Reading through this thread there is so much reference to history. That can be no more of an indicator of what will happen this season. Last season's wonder can become this season's chump. Grealish great at Villa but at Man City with better players not so good. Duffy had a great year with us but the next.. not so great !!!

Nothing is certain. Cucu could pick up a nasty injury ie like Moder and be out for months.

£50million plus is a very good figure. The sale of Cucu will not break the season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Reading through this thread there is so much reference to history. That can be no more of an indicator of what will happen this season. Last season's wonder can become this season's chump. Grealish great at Villa but at Man City with better players not so good. Duffy had a great year with us but the next.. not so great !!!

Nothing is certain. Cucu could pick up a nasty injury ie like Moder and be out for months.

£50million plus is a very good figure. The sale of Cucu will not break the season.

Cucu also has the not so small task of displacing Chilwell from the starting eleven, a possible England starter when fit.

As you say an absolute star in a Brighton side, it won't be the same at Stamford Bridge though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Lose the first three games without him and you can bet he’ll be the reason :wink:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Agree , Cucu for us is excellent but I'm not convinced he is champs league / title winning level at all so 50m it is good ( especially if some goes back into the squad )

depends what you define as "break the season" , if that's relegation then it shouldn't no. If that's getting top half then it probably will. Think most of us are realistic to know if we stay up then thats an achievement for us

Trust in the club to do the best with what we have though

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
With Caicedo it's:

Played 8 games
16 goals scored
8 goals conceded
5 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat (away at Man City).
Average PPG = 2.125

8 games? I make it 7: Arse, Spurs, City, Wolves, Man U, The Leeds, West Ham.

5 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat, and all against top half teams apart from The Leeds.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Well players come and go…looks like we had one season of a very good player and a few seasons of a good player.

We are now really relying on our South American contingent to really step up and boss the midfields.

I am not bed wetting but I do see what some premier sides, like West Ham have done by way of purchasing decent players and again we can’t compete with the big teams in this league, therefore I think we should realign our “ let’s kick on “ mantra as if you were looking at this from outside, getting rid of two of our best players and not replacing them with better players would suggest we are actually not.

The twitter rumour of Trossard to Italy I hope is total bollocks as losing three of our best players looks more than careless

Is this new?
I'd heard an Italian club interested in Maupay?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
8 games? I make it 7: Arse, Spurs, City, Wolves, Man U, The Leeds, West Ham.

5 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat, and all against top half teams apart from The Leeds.

+ Southampton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here