[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Be quite funny to see Cuca end up at Chelsea because City didn't think he was worth what we think he's worth! Obviously i would love to see him stay with us but having said that he wants to leave so maybe not. Don't want anyone who doesn't want to be here

Every player has their career aspirations to consider. I have no issue with a player wanting to get a move to challenge for all major honours next season, and if he stays I'll be delighted to keep a world class left back in the starting XI. I don't know why fans get quite so sensitive over these things. Stephens went on to play some of his best football for us after his request, and while I don't remember Dunk handing in a request, he certainly looked to push a move to Fulham.

Likewise even if a player is delighted to be here, we will offload them at the first opportunity if they're not quite cutting in. Can't have it both ways.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Because club will bank the Cucurella money and replace him with someone of inferior quality?

Go for a beer. Drown your sorrows

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Because club will bank the Cucurella money and replace him with someone of inferior quality?

It's a dreadful strategy to try and run a club sustainably, isn't it?

rool

Jul 10, 2003

I think this club is not a good fit for you any more because all the time TB is the owner this is how it will be although I would use the word potential instead of inferior.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Oh thought you were referring to Welbeck

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Some good ones from Blue Moon:

'Lol this is getting nutty. This guy is nothing special, we should be walking away from this. Spending 50 mil on a guy who's career trajectory looks like this : Barca -> getafe - > brighton -> doesnt look good on paper. Hell, when I've seen him play for brighton a handful of times, he didnt look great then either.'

'Seen lots of comments re Zinchenko…. Just wanted to say maybe the club knew he wanted to move, Arse agreed a fee, he agreed terms and we just concluded that he was a good guy, a loyal servant and deserved to be treated with dignity and respect - and we swiftly granted him his move. Holding him hostage while we signed a replacement would have been pointless and maybe something the club rightly chose not to do. Maybe contrast that behaviour with the actions of the media heralded Spiv Mr Bloom and the way he’s treated his player. We will get no credit but I think City have behaved entirely appropriately with a player who had been exemplary in his conduct whilst with us and who has had a ****ing hard time of it recently… (with the war etc..). sometimes you have to do the right thing and on this occasion I’m proud to say we did.'

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

How is it your problem? You've already dramaqueened about you being off to watch Lewes FC next year.

You're nothing but a tedious wind-up merchant. Isn't that very.. empty?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

'Lol this is getting nutty. This guy is nothing special, we should be walking away from this. Spending 50 mil on a guy who's career trajectory looks like this : Barca -> getafe - > brighton -> doesnt look good on paper. Hell, when I've seen him play for brighton a handful of times, he didnt look great then either.'

'Seen lots of comments re Zinchenko…. Just wanted to say maybe the club knew he wanted to move, Arse agreed a fee, he agreed terms and we just concluded that he was a good guy, a loyal servant and deserved to be treated with dignity and respect - and we swiftly granted him his move. Holding him hostage while we signed a replacement would have been pointless and maybe something the club rightly chose not to do. Maybe contrast that behaviour with the actions of the media heralded Spiv Mr Bloom and the way he’s treated his player. We will get no credit but I think City have behaved entirely appropriately with a player who had been exemplary in his conduct whilst with us and who has had a ****ing hard time of it recently… (with the war etc..). sometimes you have to do the right thing and on this occasion I’m proud to say we did.'

Just like we did with Dan Burn then.

Have to say I'm loving the entitled and arrogant bluster from City fans, the "he's not all that anyway" rants were more predictable than rain in Manchester in the winter when this deal went south.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
So they are willing to pay £50m for cucu but wasn’t will pay to break 40m for that donkey sick note ake who Man City are stuck with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

They are funny! :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Cucu was, say, a Burnley player, and he was available for £35 million, I'd want us to buy him.

How much have we spent on the likes of Jahanbakhsh and Locadia with no PL experience, to learn it was money wasted?

City bidding at that level is just absurd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports