Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Love how there are city fans on blue moon fuming because we've stitched them up having told them in May Cucu would cost 30m and then when they firmed up their enquiry we moved the goalposts. no way on earth we ever hinted that price to them

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
From what I’ve seen of Colwill ( only clips on YouTube) he’s a left back who can also play left sided centre back. Quick, strong in the tackle and can execute a good long pass.

Hes a left footed centre back who can paly left back...

If we do manage to get him I think it suggest we will be playing 3 at the back a lot

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Colwill would be a replacement. In case you hadn't noticed, Cucu has played LCB the end of last season and in pre-season.

I for one do not share the glee in Chelsea bidding the asking price. I want to watch him play for us. Sod the £££. We should have slapped a £70m tag on him.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Its not glee, but if we have to accept that he's off, this outcome, after City's summer long impression of the UK's Brexit negotiation team, is quite funny. Especially because Chelsea previously walked away from buying Ake because City priced him at £50m. Nice bit of trolling from the West London scumbags.

Admittedly, it would be even funnier if Cucu now says that he only handed in a request because he wanted to play for Pep and now that's not going to happen, he wants to stay, but with CL football on offer and Tuchel's love of playing with wing backs, we'll not hold our breath for that outcome.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I read countless posts in this thread, typically from Romano fanboys, who said it was natural and just for Cucu to reunite with Guardiola plus the special La Masia and Catalan connection.

So, Cobham it is.

(Unless Mansour smells the coffee and gazumps Chelsea).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I read countless posts in this thread, typically from Romano fanboys, who said it was natural and just for Cucu to reunite with Guardiola plus the special La Masia and Catalan connection.

So, Cobham it is.

(Unless Mansour smells the coffee and gazumps Chelsea).

He needs TB to pick up the phone first. Hopefully he's blocked Mansour's bargain hunting head of recruitment

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
IF....Cucurella signs for Chelsea, would his transfer request still mean he loses various financial settlements from our club..?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't know much about Chelsea's youngsters, so my concern is not to do with his quality, more a concern with the deal. If he has promise, aren't Chlesea likely to want a buyback clause? Would we want to take someone on, coach them through their first year or two in the premier league show they are a star player, and then lose them for peanuts, because Chelsea have a right to buy them? If he doesn't have promise, if Chelsea don't see themselves wanting to buy him once he has proven himself in the premier league, is he good enough to make it worth our while? Wouldn't we be better looking elsewhere for a replacement?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't know much about Chelsea's youngsters, so my concern is not to do with his quality, more a concern with the deal. If he has promise, aren't Chlesea likely to want a buyback clause? Would we want to take someone on, coach them through their first year or two in the premier league show they are a star player, and then lose them for peanuts, because Chelsea have a right to buy them? If he doesn't have promise, if Chelsea don't see themselves wanting to buy him once he has proven himself in the premier league, is he good enough to make it worth our while? Wouldn't we be better looking elsewhere for a replacement?

Didn't we back out of a deal for a FB who eventually went to Saints because Chelsea wanted a buy back clause. Livermiento or something like that? Good player too, got a nasty injury when we played them at the Amex and had to be stretchered off

Loans in and buybacks don't seem to be acceptable to the Albion.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
IF....Cucurella signs for Chelsea, would his transfer request still mean he loses various financial settlements from our club..?

I would assume so, but I doubt TB would enforce this.
He always said the player was available at the asking price, so the Transfer request looks to be irrelevant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here