Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Yeah he's gone, hope this Levi Colwill isn't part of the deal and hope we've got our eye on someone to replace Cucu - this window!
Colwill would be a replacement. In case you hadn't noticed, Cucu has played LCB the end of last season and in pre-season.

I for one do not share the glee in Chelsea bidding the asking price. I want to watch him play for us. Sod the £££. We should have slapped a £70m tag on him.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No you wouldn't,cos City haven't been bullied by a little club like Brighton,who've never won anything in their entire history, and no one cares about them and, we'll find someone who's a zillion times better for under a million, and we've got better players in our under12 team and we were never serious about getting him anyway and he's got an awful hairdo, and his breathe smells of chorizo sausage, and Tony Bloom is nasty, and-and-and, etc,etc,etc.

And 'My dad's bigger than your dad' and 'I've got a girlfriend, but you wouldn't know her because she goes to a different school'. :lolol:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Perhaps we can now think about buying a quality striker with height and pace? Another season has passed without this requirement being met.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Like welbeck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welbeck hardly counts. We're unlikely to get more than 10-15 games out of him this season if we're lucky. His injury record is hardly cause for optimism.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
hope not. Trossard is a match winner and we need him in and around the box. Not pushed back as a wing back.

Yes he can cover but damages us if he is stuck there

Replacement needed to compete with March

Replacement is mitouma

Doubt we are signing anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
From what I’ve seen of Colwill ( only clips on YouTube) he’s a left back who can also play left sided centre back. Quick, strong in the tackle and can execute a good long pass.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This now has seems to have serious legs as Chelsea do not seem to be messing us about, I think Marc will be wearing a darker shade of blue this season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Guardian, Sky, Athletic, BBC, Romano, Mail now all reporting Cucu to Chelsea. Sky reporting it’s at an an “advanced” stage.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Welbeck hardly counts. We're unlikely to get more than 10-15 games out of him this season if we're lucky. His injury record is hardly cause for optimism.

He's the fittest he's been for years. Since his last op he hasn't been injured at all. He has stated himself he is out of pain for the first time in a decade.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

This. Hardly cause for optimism. And contributes ZERO towards building for the future, assuming we even try to do that anymore. Seems more important to flip a player for a short term profit. Oh well, just keep buying the stupid £55 shirts :shrug:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
This. Hardly cause for optimism. And contributes ZERO towards building for the future, assuming we even do that anymore. Seems more important to flip a player for a profit. Oh well :shrug:

That’s the spirit!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
He's the fittest he's been for years. Since his last op he hasn't been injured at all. He has stated himself he is out of pain for the first time in a decade.

I really hope that is the case...but even if he stays fit, we do need a back up striker in a similar mould - and we have done for years.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I agree. We seem to have got to the bottom of Danny's recurring injury. I stand to be corrected but I'd say that Welbeck has just had his most prolonged run in a side for a many years and he appears to be our number one striker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here