Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think the suggestion is Colwill is wanted by Leicester so is likely to be involved in the Fofana deal. Not sure there’s any truth in he (LC) being part of this deal, beyond guess work.

Yeah I saw that.
I guess it's whether Leicester are prepared to let Fofana go. They seemed to be even more determined to keep him, than we are with Cucu.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Yeah right! As if it's their decision.
TB's got this.

It would be hilarious if he pulls City into a bidding war now.
Still funny if he sells to Chelsea and rubs Cucu's Agent and Romano's noses in "the only City" bullshit.

Be even funnier if he sells without a bidding war making the point that we don’t hold players back once the valuation is met

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Guardian saying Chelsea close to 50m deal too.
Edit: Oh sorry I see Jacob Steinberg is the journalist as quoted above.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Guardian saying Chelsea close to 50m deal too.
Edit: Oh sorry I see Jacob Steinberg is the journalist as quoted above.

And that's what's being reported, Chelsea are happy to pay. I think Bloom is someone who wouldn't then allow Citeh back in.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Naylor seems to have given a thinly veiled 'Yes' (as in re-Tweet)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
You’d be miffed if you were a City fan.

No you wouldn't,cos City haven't been bullied by a little club like Brighton,who've never won anything in their entire history, and no one cares about them and, we'll find someone who's a zillion times better for under a million, and we've got better players in our under12 team and we were never serious about getting him anyway and he's got an awful hairdo, and his breathe smells of chorizo sausage, and Tony Bloom is nasty, and-and-and, etc,etc,etc.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
??? - Colwill was excellent for Huddersfield last season.

I think Colwill have a lot of very good reviews last season and we'll have scouted him extensively. It's also been mentioned that we are his preferred club if he can't get first team football. I expect the Lamptey move / connection may have helped.

So if this comes off, in the last 12 months for our defender position;

Net cost White £0
Cost Cucurella £15m
Cost Colwill £20m ish.

Proceeds;
White £50m
Cucurella £50m

Net profit £65m

Net players out White, in Colwill.

Wonder if we'll spend any of it before the window shuts?

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
So, in the last few weeks, we have "...taken Manchester United to the cleaners..."
Now we have thoroughly rinsed Manchester City. In fact, wiped the floor with them.

Brighton 2 - 0 Manchester :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Breaking sky sports news. Now in advanced talks Chelsea meeting our valuation

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Makes you wonder if we have been conducting business all the time, in the correct way with Chelsea. We do appear to have good connections with them.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Makes you wonder if we have been conducting business all the time, in the correct way with Chelsea. We do appear to have good connections with them.

Yep. Does seems to be moving very quickly now. I suspect they’ve been in contact all summer- they were the first team seriously linked.
Be interesting to see if anything happens with Colwill. Doubt there’d be a swap but he’s bound to have been mentioned.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
anyone on here still thinking that Cucu will be with us this season should now think otherwise.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Yeah he's gone, hope this Levi Colwill isn't part of the deal and hope we've got our eye on someone to replace Cucu - this window!

Why would you hope one of the most sought after young centre backs in England isn’t part of the deal? :wrong:

If we could get say £35m and him that would be a very good deal considering City’s offers.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Yep. Does seems to be moving very quickly now. I suspect they’ve been in contact all summer- they were the first team seriously linked.
Be interesting to see if anything happens with Colwill. Doubt there’d be a swap but he’s bound to have been mentioned.

well they've signed someone who can play in the left centre back role, so he's probably leaving, and there's been a couple of rumours that his preference would be to come here anyway. definitely one to keep an eye on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here