[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Which does beg the question as to just how good these big club managers and owners really are. I have zero doubts that Bloom would be lifting the FA Cup, the CL and the PL if we were funded like the top 4, They have "bought" their trophies and City fall flat on their faces in the CL every season. Pep is good but he is not up there with the best imo and won't be unless he can win the CL for City

Bit harsh on Guardiola, he's won CL with Barcelona and has won domestic titles in 3 out of the 5 big European leagues. Out of interest, how many 'greats' are you comparing him to?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I get that he would raise his profile playing for a Man City or Chelsea , and decent performances in say the Champions League would obviously help his prospects but its not a pre-condition for being selected. Ask Robert Sanchez.

What hinders Cucurella’s chances of a Spain call up is him making appearances for the Catalonia national team.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Romano has a few more details on the developing Chelsea interest. Suggests Levi Colwill (Chelsea's 19 year old Centre back) could be part of the deal.

"More on Cucurella. Chelsea will talk today with Brighton to discuss fee and players to be involved, Colwill will be part of conversations. Also, Chelsea will make contract bid to Cucurella. 🔵🇪🇸 #CFC
Man City remain on same position: £40m or nothing. No agreement with Brighton."

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1554075966514905091

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bit harsh on Guardiola, he's won CL with Barcelona and has won domestic titles in 3 out of the 5 big European leagues. Out of interest, how many 'greats' are you comparing him to?

He won the CL in his very early days with a standout team who make winning European titles easy, plenty have done it before him. His domestic titles came with the biggest spending clubs in three countries (OK maybe Madrid were bigger spending at the time I don't know) so let's not bow down too much to him for that.

I'll just chuck SAF, Clough and Mourinho into the equation as better managers of English clubs. All won more than one CL. There are plenty of other European managers who have also won the CL without having the most expensive squad in the world at their disposal.

There ARE big question marks against just how good he is, but that's just my opinion. The way Madrid rolled City over last season in the last few minutes was piss poor management too, what other "great" has come close to such an embarrassing defeat in a CL semi final? Can you imagine that happening to a SAF or Mourinho team? I can't.

His hissy fit when Potter celebrated a winning goal was very childish too and I'm sure he has his finger in what has gone on with Cucu too. I am not a Pep worshipper..

Last edited:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Loads of players have had caps for Spain and Catalonia. It has no effect on his eligibility.

You’re right it doesn’t affect his eligibility, but it does make things more complicated due to the ongoing political situation.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Colwill and circa £35m/£40m for Cucu sounds a much better deal for us.
We have the Tross to play LWB and if we need a left sided Defender ( which we will do if Cucu leaves) then Colwill gives us that. He’s a very talented prospect getting attention from numerous other clubs including that lot up the road.
The question will be if Cucu wants to go to West London. I can actually see that this would be a better fit for him family wise rather than Manchester. His partner’s Insta shows him and his family up in London a lot. Chelsea would double his wages etc.
If he doesn’t want the move then fair enough, he stays with us but can’t complain that he didn’t have the opportunity to play Champions League football and double+ his wages.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Fabrizio jumping on the bandwagon again now. Reckons Levi Colwill could be part of the deal? He any good?

Doesn't sound like he had a great season at Huddersfield last season Screenshot 2022-08-01 at 13.21.58.png

Having said that apparently Palace are really into him so if it pisses that lot off, sign him up!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Cash and Colwill would be a good deal for us, providing we don’t allow Chelsea to put a buy back clause in the deal like they did for Livramento when he went to Southampton. The meltdown from City fans would be epic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports