Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If only Pep had taken the chance on him when we got Cucu, he was aware of him but did not want to take a chance on him. If Pep was as good a manager as everyone thinks he is then it would not have been a problem for him.

For that reason f#$k them, £50+m or do one.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If only Pep had taken the chance on him when we got Cucu, he was aware of him but did not want to take a chance on him. If Pep was as good a manager as everyone thinks he is then it would not have been a problem for him.

For that reason f#$k them, £50+m or do one.
Big clubs let the small fry take the punt secondary scouting. Clubs are wising up to this hence the huge prices they are asking when one comes sniffing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Big clubs let the small fry take the punt secondary scouting. Clubs are wising up to this hence the huge prices they are asking when one comes sniffing.

Which does beg the question as to just how good these big club managers and owners really are. I have zero doubts that Bloom would be lifting the FA Cup, the CL and the PL if we were funded like the top 4, They have "bought" their trophies and City fall flat on their faces in the CL every season. Pep is good but he is not up there with the best imo and won't be unless he can win the CL for City

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The fact is, keeping Cucu this window will be the best bit of business we do.

I potentially agree with this, but it all depends on what the player's attitude to missing out on the move will be. I'd like to think, given his performances and attitude last season, that he'd knuckle down and continue to be consistently excellent for us.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I potentially agree with this, but it all depends on what the player's attitude to missing out on the move will be. I'd like to think, given his performances and attitude last season, that he'd knuckle down and continue to be consistently excellent for us.

If he wants to be considered for the Spanish squad, he'd have to

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Apparantly because they need a replacement for LB/LWB Marcus Alonso if he's off to Barca.. Come on Barca - throw a real spanner in the works - cut out the middle deals and just put in a bid for Cucu!

That would be absolutely hilarious.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm fairly relaxed about this situation, we will either retain Marc for this coming season or we will get the price that we want. Just another few weeks of this nonsense to go and we can all get on with the rest of the season.

If City really want him, they should pay the £50m now as he'll be worth more next summer.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Lost me there. How does saying we are ending negotiations turn into City are walking away?

City have failed in their lowballing and been told to go away and presumably, only come back if they pay the full asking price. If you want to interpret that as them walking away it's just semantics

Indeed. Man City have walked away from this deal in the same way that a teenager with no ID 'walks away' from a deal with a large nightclub doorman.

Come back on another night with (over 50 million copies of) the appropriate documentation and you'll have no problems.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If he wants to be considered for the Spanish squad, he'd have to

I get that he would raise his profile playing for a Man City or Chelsea , and decent performances in say the Champions League would obviously help his prospects but its not a pre-condition for being selected. Ask Robert Sanchez.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I get that he would raise his profile playing for a Man City or Chelsea , and decent performances in say the Champions League would obviously help his prospects but its not a pre-condition for being selected. Ask Robert Sanchez.

I think you’ve missed the context of the post…he was referring to attitude, in his reply to someone…in that he’d have to keep his shi* together (playing for us) to make sure he’s in with a chance of playing for Spain

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think you’ve missed the context of the post…he was referring to attitude, in his reply to someone…in that he’d have to keep his shi* together (playing for us) right to make sure he’s in with a chance of playing for Spain

Exactly. That was my point

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I don't believe a word of it, but, if there's any truth, then they could have him for the £30m that City offered.

... If they throw in Conor Gallagher.

Agreed. Or they pay £30m and we could have Grealish or De Bruyne to make up the balance.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Agreed. Or they pay £30m and we could have Grealish or De Bruyne to make up the balance.

Sock-boy? No thanks. Fails dismally our NDP. Yes he's talented, very, but also a prima donna d1ck.

De Bruyne - Possibly :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here