Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

from what i read the second bid was a structured one worth up to 40 million. that seems to fit with the messaging today of still being interested but only at around 35 million.
makes me think the second bid was 32 or 33 million plus extras which probably resulted in our stating that we were walking away and wouldnt be discussing incremental increases

Where have you read details about the £40m bid ? The Athletic reporting doesn’t give that detail and nor does Romano who has also reported on it.
(PS: I guess you mean the ESPN piece)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wondered who would be first with this observation. The fact that it was you, didn't surprise me in the least !

Don't **** with someone on the spectrum :laugh:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
City get the clicks/traffic therefore the reporting is heavily weighted towards talking about the deal from their perspective without recognising there’s another club on the other end with their own objectives and ambitions. It’s absurd but that’s why - it’s the same whenever we beat a top 6 team, any match reports in the national news will focus on what went wrong for them rather than Albion just being bloody good as the headline story.

Yep. It’s really not worth getting upset about what Romano or any other journalist says, they’re just looking after themselves, ignore them.

And for those comparing the City fans to the Leeds fans, this is actually quite different as White never handed in a transfer request so their ‘Free White’ campaign was just laughable and they made themselves look ridiculous. In this case though Cucurella has handed in a transfer request so we are quite literally keeping him against his will.

The City fans would be better directing their online ire to their own board though. I understand a club looking after their own interests but they’re dragging this out unecessarily now and they looked massively exposed on their left yesterday.

This will get done at some point in the next month for circa £50m so they may as well get on with it now and save us all from this boring saga.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Where have you read details about the £40m bid ? The Athletic reporting doesn’t give that detail and nor does Romano who has also reported on it.
(PS: I guess you mean the ESPN piece)

one of the twitter transfer news threads. i just thought some of it fitted with what we know and the reports today that city dont really want to go higher than 35m

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yep. It’s really not worth getting upset about what Romano or any other journalist says, they’re just looking after themselves, ignore them.

And for those comparing the City fans to the Leeds fans, this is actually quite different as White never handed in a transfer request so their ‘Free White’ campaign was just laughable and they made themselves look ridiculous. In this case though Cucurella has handed in a transfer request so we are quite literally keeping him against his will.

The City fans would be better directing their online ire to their own board though. I understand a club looking after their own interests but they’re dragging this out unecessarily now and they looked massively exposed on their left yesterday.

This will get done at some point in the next month for circa £50m so they may as well get on with it now and save us all from this boring saga.

He signed his 'will' away when he took the signing on bonus for his 5 year contract.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
one of the twitter transfer news threads. i just thought some of it fitted with what we know and the reports today that city dont really want to go higher than 35m

They bid £40m on Friday. (Confirmed by Romano / The Athletic ) so pretty certain the ESPN report (£35m ceiling) is mistaken.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has he left yet?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I think Parish with Zaha (£80m) and Levy with Kane (age 28 at the time, £140m) set incredible prices no one was ever going to pay.

Obviously the players had voluntarily signed long contracts, which they later regretted.

Call it de facto prisoners.

Bloom won’t stand in any players way. Mansour/Guardiola imho think they can twist Bloom’s arm with every tactic under the sun … a drip of musings through Romano eg wages agreed, now the transfer request.

Cucu can leave. They ‘just’ have to pay the cash required for a 24 year established EPL star.

And they will.

West Ham over £100m for rice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I think Parish with Zaha (£80m) and Levy with Kane (age 28 at the time, £140m) set incredible prices no one was ever going to pay.

Obviously the players had voluntarily signed long contracts, which they later regretted.

Call it de facto prisoners.

Bloom won’t stand in any players way. Mansour/Guardiola imho think they can twist Bloom’s arm with every tactic under the sun … a drip of musings through Romano eg wages agreed, now the transfer request.

Cucu can leave. They ‘just’ have to pay the cash required for a 24 year established EPL star.

And they will.

West Ham over £100m for rice too.

Also since they value ake at £45m, why all the fuss? Just play him instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
You need to have been a long time Albion fan to get it, we haven’t long been a fantastic team in a state of the art stadium.

Well allow me to try and bring some typical American calmness to the proceedings.

(That was sarcasm. Am I doing it right?)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
When does this start becoming insulting towards Cucu? Pep has spunked £50m+ on about 37 full backs in the last 5 years, they clearly don’t think he’s worth 50m or more likely they are trying to low ball us because we are a ‘little club’

I’ve always seen City as a bit of a meh club… yeah they’ve got all the money in the world but I just feel nothing towards them, it’s all a bit soulless but their new wave of fans seem to be absolute rubbish whoppers

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Obviously I hope Cucu stays.

But once ‘he’ :lolol: handed in his transfer request, it made it almost inevitable that he’ll leave this summer imho.

But at Tony Bloom’s original valuation.

Mansour will spend £50m on a proven PL star, rather than saving £20m (pocket change in a day in the life of a human rights abusing sportswasher) in taking a punt on a relative unknown.

The richest and most successful clubs now have laser focus on buying the best, something Manure are now trying to copy.

I got some stick on here when i said Pep is not as good a manager as alot of people think he is. Most managers could step into city and win things when buying world ckass players. Potter us jyst as good as Pep if not better, hes the one who can take a player and develope them into better players, i dont think that Pep can, Pep could have had Cucu before we got him, Pep was a long time admirer of him but would not take the chance. How many in that city squad has Pep developed? Very few if any.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I got some stick on here when i said Pep is not as good a manager as alot of people think he is. Most managers could step into city and win things when buying world ckass players. Potter us jyst as good as Pep if not better, hes the one who can take a player and develope them into better players, i dont think that Pep can, Pep could have had Cucu before we got him, Pep was a long time admirer of him but would not take the chance. How many in that city squad has Pep developed? Very few if any.

BlueMoon, just now

4A2C0E1B-09B4-4390-B441-9C2682A1317F.jpeg

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The simple fact is that there aren't any better Left sided fullbacks out there for £35m.

When Tony says Cucu is better and rarer than Ben White, it is a statement of fact based on extensive data.
Not just some negotiation bullshit.

They will be back, with the money.
But it will be at the last knockings.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Obvious to me. How do these bargain signings get quality game time when risks on developing players is a no no given every PL game is a must win?

Do City have loads of players out on loan to PL clubs? That’s the only way they’ll develop….easier to cherry pick from other PL or European teams, which they appear to favour but then they have to pay top dollar to prise them away :shrug:

How much game time would Cucu have got last season if he had been at City? In fact fail to hit the ground running and he may not get that much this season once they stump up what TB wants, which they will….eventually

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Obvious to me. How do these bargain signings get quality game time when risks on developing players is a no no given every PL game is a must win?

Do City have loads of players out on loan to PL clubs? That’s the only way they’ll develop….easier to cherry pick from other PL or European teams, which they appear to favour but then they have to pay top dollar to prise them away :shrug:

How much game time would Cucu have got last season if he had been at City? In fact fail to hit the ground running and he may not get that much this season once they stump up what TB wants, which they will….eventually

They seem to have changed this model somewhat. FFP? the money tap has been turned off?

I find it quite ironic that they have been instrumental in skewing the market in modern football. And not they complain that prices are too high.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here