Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
I just don’t understand the media narrative here. This is an example from ESPN:

“City have not yet walked away from a deal for the left-back but are adamant they will not meet Brighton's valuation and that a compromise over the fee will have to be reached before progress is made……..Sources have told ESPN that City have informed Brighton they remain interested in Cucurella but only if the deal is closer to £35m.”

It’s like, Brighton are going to suffer if they don’t sell Cucurella? I just don’t understand? We want Citeh to walk away, hence the valuation FFS!

Did they not mention that we have walked away unless City up their bid to £50m+ ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

“City have not yet walked away from a deal for the left-back but are adamant they will not meet Brighton's valuation and that a compromise over the fee will have to be reached before progress is made……..Sources have told ESPN that City have informed Brighton they remain interested in Cucurella but only if the deal is closer to £35m.”

It’s like, Brighton are going to suffer if they don’t sell Cucurella? I just don’t understand? We want Citeh to walk away, hence the valuation FFS!

TB has set this up as an Albion win-win.

Either Cucu stays or we bank another vast sum, enabling the recruitment of a LWB on the watch list.

Selling Bissouma means a deal is not critical to club finances.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not that any of us need reminding

[tweet]1553738838111141888[/tweet]

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
TB has set this up as an Albion win-win.

Either Cucu stays or we bank another vast sum, enabling the recruitment of a LWB on the watch list.

Selling Bissouma means a deal is not critical to club finances.
I’m not sure it’s that easy. Selling club will know you have just banked a vast sum. Any LWB will be price hiked which we won’t pay which means :shrug:

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
:lolol:

You are new here and have never done close season as an Albion fan before. Angst, meltdowns, entitlement, a desperate cry for a LB, a PL ready striker and relief when the window closes are all part of being an Albion fan :smile:

I am hoping the LB requirement doesn’t raise it’s head again this season

I don't see why the meltdown and angst helps things? If he goes he goes. either way we don't have a problem in his position. If he stays we have one of the best, if he leaves we have March and Trossard who can play there to a very high level. Trossard was scoring goals and getting in great positions from there at the end of last season when Cucurella was playing left defensive center.
We will cope either way as I have faith in the team. So, just relax!

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020

City get the clicks/traffic therefore the reporting is heavily weighted towards talking about the deal from their perspective without recognising there’s another club on the other end with their own objectives and ambitions. It’s absurd but that’s why - it’s the same whenever we beat a top 6 team, any match reports in the national news will focus on what went wrong for them rather than Albion just being bloody good as the headline story.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I don't see why the meltdown and angst helps things? If he goes he goes. either way we don't have a problem in his position. If he stays we have one of the best, if he leaves we have March and Trossard who can play there to a very high level. Trossard was scoring goals and getting in great positions from there at the end of last season when Cucurella was playing left defensive center.

Do you have mystical powers? Will the team cope as a direct result of your faith?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

You need to have been a long time Albion fan to get it, we haven’t long been a fantastic team in a state of the art stadium.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
City get the clicks/traffic therefore the reporting is heavily weighted towards talking about the deal from their perspective without recognising there’s another club on the other end with their own objectives and ambitions. It’s absurd but that’s why - it’s the same whenever we beat a top 6 team, any match reports in the national news will focus on what went wrong for them rather than Albion just being bloody good as the headline story.

Entirely true. Not worth getting myself in a tizz but it’s incredibly annoying.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
whilst over on Blue Moon they are talking like our holding Cucurella hostage spells the end of his career and how we will be lucky to get half of what theyve offered in 18 months time. They really do believe they're doing us a favour offerinf what they have. on top of that of course our rejection of said offer will prevent any players from joining us in the future.

scooter1

How soon is now?
whilst over on Blue Moon they are talking like our holding Cucurella hostage spells the end of his career and how we will be lucky to get half of what theyve offered in 18 months time. They really do believe they're doing us a favour offerinf what they have. on top of that of course our rejection of said offer will prevent any players from joining us in the future.

f u c k em

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Were they Leeds fans in a former life*?

(* - a couple of years ago)

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

I love the fact that this will cause problems when trying to sign players as we will be seen that we wont let them go if a big club comes in for them. I love the fact that we wont be able to loan players from them.

Not alot of love fir Bloom on there, not that he woukd care. How dare a little club like Brighton do this to the greatest team in the world.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I dare say over half of the pricks on Blue Moon are plastic bandwagon fans and have only been City fans for the past decade or so anyway. They can all f**k off.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The latest on this

- City raised their bid to £40m on Friday - which Albion rejected.
- Cucurella handed in a transfer request , has a calf strain and hence missed the friendly v Espanyol (according to Potter)
- City won’t meet Albions “more than Ben White”/ £50m+ valuation and are now looking elsewhere at alternatives.

https://theathletic.com/3464458/202...ucurella-brighton/?source=user_shared_article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The latest on this

- City raised their bid to £40m on Friday - which Albion rejected.
- Cucurella handed in a transfer request , has a calf strain and hence missed the friendly v Espanyol (according to Potter)
- City won’t meet Albions “more than Ben White”/ £50m+ valuation and are now looking elsewhere at alternatives.

https://theathletic.com/3464458/202...ucurella-brighton/?source=user_shared_article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from what i read the second bid was a structured one worth up to 40 million. that seems to fit with the messaging today of still being interested but only at around 35 million.
makes me think the second bid was 32 or 33 million plus extras which probably resulted in our stating that we were walking away and wouldnt be discussing incremental increases

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here