Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
City just didn't do their homework if they thought they could get Cucu for below the asking price.

Amateur hour, really, compared to the Arensal and Tottenham successful deals for White and Bissouma.

Stumpy Tim

Players will still sign for the Albion. Biss and White left when they wanted to, Bloom has made it clear that all players have their price. He’s not used Levy tactics leaving bad blood eg Modric, Kane.

There’s a marketplace, Mansour cannot ride roughshod over very switched on owners.

I'm not sure there's any difference between how Levy handled it with Kane last season and how Bloom is dealing with this. Both Kane and Cucurella had signed 5 year contracts the summer before, and both times City used dirty tricks to try to force a deal through. Levy did nothing wrong last season

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
City just didn't do their homework if they thought they could get Cucu for below the asking price.

Amateur hour, really, compared to the Arensal and Tottenham successful deals for White and Bissouma.

It’s pathetic.

Absolutely pathetic.

These have been the tactics to date.

1. Alert journos Cucu is the No.1 LB target.
2. Sell a number of existing players to fund new players to keep in FFP limits.
3. Don’t sell Ake because you think you can low-ball Brighton.
4. Sell existing LB and try and get a cheaper but better one.
5. Low-ball Brighton by £20m under their asking price.
6. Unsettle the player and get his agent to give him poor advice.
7. Look very week in the left back position against Liverpool.
8. Make another bid, £10m below the asking price.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not sure there's any difference between how Levy handled it with Kane last season and how Bloom is dealing with this. Both Kane and Cucurella had signed 5 year contracts the summer before, and both times City used dirty tricks to try to force a deal through. Levy did nothing wrong last season

I think Parish with Zaha (£80m) and Levy with Kane (age 28 at the time, £140m) set incredible prices no one was ever going to pay.

Obviously the players had voluntarily signed long contracts, which they later regretted.

Call it de facto prisoners.

Bloom won’t stand in any players way. Mansour/Guardiola imho think they can twist Bloom’s arm with every tactic under the sun … a drip of musings through Romano eg wages agreed, now the transfer request.

Cucu can leave. They ‘just’ have to pay the cash required for a 24 year established EPL star.

And they will.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It’s pathetic.

Absolutely pathetic.

These have been the tactics to date.

1. Alert journos Cucu is the No.1 LB target.
2. Sell a number of existing players to fund new players to keep in FFP limits.
3. Don’t sell Ake because you think you can low-ball Brighton.
4. Sell existing LB and try and get a cheaper but better one.
5. Low-ball Brighton by £20m under their asking price.
6. Unsettle the player and get his agent to give him poor advice.
7. Look very week in the left back position against Liverpool.
8. Make another bid, £10m below the asking price.

point 8 not necessarily correct. one of the City twitter pages reporting that city have advised us they remain interested but only if the price is around 35 million

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If City had started negotiations when the window opened, a deal may have been done by now.

Leaving their approach relatively late is always going to inflate the price for the club wanting to buy, as in the Albion's case we would now have little time to find and get a suitable replacement.

Can't help think that City are their own worst enemy in this one. Yes, they are a big club, but they can afford to go after almost any left back in the world, so if they don't agee with our valuation, just move on and go after another option. They must have plenty.

The longer this drags on if I were Bloom, is that I would start adding another million to the price each day until the window shuts, as the knock on effect is that we'll struggle to find a replacement so late in the day.

Smacks of arrogance on City’s part, who are we to stand in their way, is the actual genuine belief I believe (sadly)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stumpy Tim

I think Parish with Zaha (£80m) and Levy with Kane (age 28 at the time, £140m) set incredible prices no one was ever going to pay.

Obviously the players had voluntarily signed long contracts, which they later regretted.

Call it de facto prisoners.

Bloom won’t stand in any players way. Mansour/Guardiola imho think they can twist Bloom’s arm with every tactic under the sun … a drip of musings through Romano eg wages agreed, now the transfer request.

Cucu can leave. They ‘just’ have to pay the cash required for a 24 year established EPL star.

And they will.

Kane is the current World Cup Golden Boot winner with a 5 year contract. £140m was not massively unreasonable if that's what Levy valued him at. Like us, Spurs didn't want to sell so of course the required fee was inflated.

Absolutely love the fact City have decided to go elsewhere. Bunch of c**ts. Their tactics to unsettle players at rival clubs is nothing short of disgraceful. As for Cu's transfer request, I always get mixed feelings. Either he stays and acts like a pro with a fat new deal OR he'll sulk and we have a disruptive influence in the dressing room. I think his hand was forced by his **** of an agent. Am very proud of the club standing up against rich bully boy tactics from clubs like City. As for their fans who feel like it's their Devine right to seal deals with players like Marc in a such a way is beyond appalling. Their dirty Arab money isn't welcome.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Just out of interest, where did the "asking price" of £50m come from? It seems most people, even on here, are just accepting that as a fact.

naylor has frequently spoken of eyewatering offer being needed and yesterday was saying we viewed Cucurella as a better and rarer player than White hence valuing him in excess of 50 million

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Kane is the current World Cup Golden Boot winner with a 5 year contract. £140m was not massively unreasonable if that's what Levy valued him at. Like us, Spurs didn't want to sell so of course the required fee was inflated.

Bloom is fine with selling, he’s said that.

Spuds would’ve imploded without Kane’s goals and assists.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I would genuinely announce an added tariff of 10m everytime i hear another shit offer designed to belittle us and upset OUR player that comes from anyone or any source connected to them.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Sky Sports are reporting that Chelsea are trying to do a deal with Leicester for centre back Fofana. The reported fee is £85m….

But we should happy with £35m and a pat on the head.

:ffsparr:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Just out of interest, where did the "asking price" of £50m come from? It seems most people, even on here, are just accepting that as a fact.

naylor has frequently spoken of eyewatering offer being needed and yesterday was saying we viewed Cucurella as a better and rarer player than White hence valuing him in excess of 50 million

Exactly.

'More than £50 million' may well be £55m or £60m or £65m, but it ain't £50 million!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
we've never really gone for asking prices. anything in the media suggesting there is one in this case is guesswork

I just don’t understand the media narrative here. This is an example from ESPN:

“City have not yet walked away from a deal for the left-back but are adamant they will not meet Brighton's valuation and that a compromise over the fee will have to be reached before progress is made……..Sources have told ESPN that City have informed Brighton they remain interested in Cucurella but only if the deal is closer to £35m.”

It’s like, Brighton are going to suffer if they don’t sell Cucurella? I just don’t understand? We want Citeh to walk away, hence the valuation FFS!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here