Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
As far as I can see one of two things will happen here..

1) City reach our valuation and he leaves.
2) City don’t reach our valuation, and Cucu eventually signs a fat new contract with us, stays for another year, then he gets his actual dream move to Barca for £60m+.

Don’t wobble Tony!

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Bloom gives in - City will just think that they can "tap up" via an agent and get the players they want.
City pay up - Other clubs will realise they just have to hold out and if city want your player they will pay.
City dont pay the 50m - Clubs will know we cant be pressured in to selling.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Bloom gives in - City will just think that they can "tap up" via an agent and get the players they want.
City pay up - Other clubs will realise they just have to hold out and if city want your player they will pay.
City dont pay the 50m - Clubs will know we cant be pressured in to selling.

Good one! :laugh:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Good - **** off.

Unforunately, think it may be a very clever ploy to get TB worried and cave in. Good luck with that

Well it's the same ploy they have been trying for a few weeks now.
So far it's yielded a "put up or shut up" response I don't think that's the cleverest play in the book.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Another one.

"The stance both City and Brighton have taken on this will have repercussions for both.

I do think the way Brighton are playing this will have damaging implications for the reputation they’re trying to cultivate as a Club exciting young players can show their talent at, before moving on to bigger and better.

Bloom is now demonstrating he’ll block a move when he’s had a more than double your money offer, even when the player is clearly desperate enough to hand in a TR.

Agents will absolutely have this in mind in future deals, and I’d imagine this lack of trust will result in him being hit with release clause demands in the future as a consequence.

It will also have an impact if a player looking for a stepping stone has any aspirations of playing for City in the future, as they’ll know we’ll be very reluctant to deal with Brighton again.

Better to go to Southampton or another club with a similar model if you ever aspire to playing for City.

The negative for us will be the release clause, and leaving a player behind when they’ve made that move. I think that will reflect very badly on City in future - which is the one thing that makes me think we might push to find a deal even if it does go beyond our valuation."

But, what they seem to be missing is that agents and players will love coming to a club that sells on, but not cheaply. What will the agent's fees be at £30m compared to £50m. If I were an agent, I would recommend coming to us so that when you move on, there's a bigger payout.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
"The stance both City and Brighton have taken on this will have repercussions for both.

I do think the way Brighton are playing this will have damaging implications for the reputation they’re trying to cultivate as a Club exciting young players can show their talent at, before moving on to bigger and better.

Bloom is now demonstrating he’ll block a move when he’s had a more than double your money offer, even when the player is clearly desperate enough to hand in a TR.

Agents will absolutely have this in mind in future deals, and I’d imagine this lack of trust will result in him being hit with release clause demands in the future as a consequence.

It will also have an impact if a player looking for a stepping stone has any aspirations of playing for City in the future, as they’ll know we’ll be very reluctant to deal with Brighton again.

Better to go to Southampton or another club with a similar model if you ever aspire to playing for City.

The negative for us will be the release clause, and leaving a player behind when they’ve made that move. I think that will reflect very badly on City in future - which is the one thing that makes me think we might push to find a deal even if it does go beyond our valuation."

But, what they seem to be missing is that agents and players will love coming to a club that sells on, but not cheaply. What will the agent's fees be at £30m compared to £50m. If I were an agent, I would recommend coming to us so that when you move on, there's a bigger payout.

Looking like two kerching payments for the player's agent in the space of a year. Maybe he can tout his client to PSG or maybe back to Barca next summer seeing as how agent is seemingly now hooked on this magic money tree :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well I for one am loving City fans outrage that we won’t be bullied. The meltdowns of disbelief and abuse are better than the Leeds ones about Ben White. It’s time for a City fan to come down to Falmer to hang a Free Cucurella placard on Amex railings

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Players will still sign for the Albion. Biss and White left when they wanted to, Bloom has made it clear that all players have their price. He’s not used Levy tactics leaving bad blood eg Modric, Kane.

There’s a marketplace, Mansour cannot ride roughshod over very switched on owners.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If City had started negotiations when the window opened, a deal may have been done by now.

Leaving their approach relatively late is always going to inflate the price for the club wanting to buy, as in the Albion's case we would now have little time to find and get a suitable replacement.

Can't help think that City are their own worst enemy in this one. Yes, they are a big club, but they can afford to go after almost any left back in the world, so if they don't agee with our valuation, just move on and go after another option. They must have plenty.

The longer this drags on if I were Bloom, is that I would start adding another million to the price each day until the window shuts, as the knock on effect is that we'll struggle to find a replacement so late in the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here