Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Try this one

Only in Blooms universe is Cucurella worth £50m plus…. He probably wouldn’t have demanded that fee from another club, City quite obviously don’t rate the player at £50m, I can’t see any other club in world football right now offering £50m. So is he worth £50m…. ? To Bloom maybe, but he won’t find anyone to match that valuation - a player is ultimately worth what someone else is prepared to pay and right now NO ONE is paying £50m for Cucurella. We should eave our best offer on the table £40m plus add one and let the agent get to work on getting his client the move he wants. I honestly think if we bid £50m in used fivers tomorrow that show boater Bloom would turn it down and leak all the details to the press. Bloom is high on the attention… he’s a small time crook who’s made it big… but ultimately he’s a South Coast George Reynolds…..

What an absolute thick idiot.
Brighton don’t WANT or NEED to sell him.
It’s got nothing at all to do with anything else.
The arrogance and entitlement if so City fans is actually a shame. They do actually have some decent ones that remember it wasn’t that long ago they were in the lower leagues

The arrogance and entitlement if so City fans is actually a shame. They do actually have some decent ones that remember it wasn’t that long ago they were in the lower leagues

Agree, some city fans seem to think that we are still at Withdean and we need the monetary to survive! It's still this we're Manchester city the champions and if we want your player you should sell him

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
If it's true they've made a £40m bid that's 33% up on their original bid. So in effect a straight admission they were low balling with the first bid.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Like every fan base, City have a few idiots, but so do we.
They want their club to buy the best players available, as do we within our budget.
City have previously overpaid for players and come under the microscope of FFP. We don't want to sell one of our prized assets this season, unless for an ' eye watering' sum, and that's partly because we have sold Bissouma this summer.
I think City have been a bit naive in low balling their first offer and their follow tactics, hand in hand with Cucu's agent. Bloom has to stand firm as otherwise we'll be seen as a soft touch, which we now have rightly earned the reputation of not being.
So it's playing out as you'd expect.
I think our £50m or no deal was the right approach to take yesterday after the transfer request.
It's now either put up or shut up.
Whatever it is we can both get on with our seasons where our objectives are completely different levels.
I want to start focusing on our squad as a whole and not have so much focus on just one player.
Either he stays or goes. If he stays i want him to give 100% and think he will.
As for City fans, the vast majority I have come across are very decent people.
Seagulls!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Can we all chip in again for a huge flag with this on when eventually we raid their penny jar for Cucurella.

F3F9C050-4F1A-4AB3-AD9C-A27EA26AA579.jpeg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

This. Just about every Man City fan of a certain age that I ever spoke to at an actual game has been a decent sort who knows EXACTLY where they came from

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Another one.

The stance both City and Brighton have taken on this will have repercussions for both.

I do think the way Brighton are playing this will have damaging implications for the reputation they’re trying to cultivate as a Club exciting young players can show their talent at, before moving on to bigger and better.

Bloom is now demonstrating he’ll block a move when he’s had a more than double your money offer, even when the player is clearly desperate enough to hand in a TR.

Agents will absolutely have this in mind in future deals, and I’d imagine this lack of trust will result in him being hit with release clause demands in the future as a consequence.

It will also have an impact if a player looking for a stepping stone has any aspirations of playing for City in the future, as they’ll know we’ll be very reluctant to deal with Brighton again.

Better to go to Southampton or another club with a similar model if you ever aspire to playing for City.

The negative for us will be the release clause, and leaving a player behind when they’ve made that move. I think that will reflect very badly on City in future - which is the one thing that makes me think we might push to find a deal even if it does go beyond our valuation.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There’s now an increasing number of sources suggesting this is unlikely.

Obviously I hope Cucu stays.

But once ‘he’ :lolol: handed in his transfer request, it made it almost inevitable that he’ll leave this summer imho.

But at Tony Bloom’s original valuation.

Mansour will spend £50m on a proven PL star, rather than saving £20m (pocket change in a day in the life of a human rights abusing sportswasher) in taking a punt on a relative unknown.

The richest and most successful clubs now have laser focus on buying the best, something Manure are now trying to copy.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Is Johnny Cantor covering City now? And why is his name Mike Minays? Is that his twitter code-name?

I don’t understand? [emoji2371]

Mike Minay does the same job as Johnny Cantor but for Radio Manchester not Sussex and covering Man City not Albion.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Obviously I hope Cucu stays.

But once ‘he’ :lolol: handed in his transfer request, it made it almost inevitable that he’ll leave this summer imho.

But at Tony Bloom’s original valuation.

Mansour will spend £50m on a proven PL star, rather than saving £20m (pocket change in a day in the life of a human rights abusing sportswasher) in taking a punt on a relative unknown.

The richest and most successful clubs now have laser focus on buying the best, something Manure are now trying to copy.

Most of the reporting is now suggesting they won’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here