Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Apologies I’m a day late in seeing this, but it’s lovely to read.

Did Romano post our definitive side of this story at all?

Capture.JPG
The speed he goes means he plays in three positions on the left at the same time!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Not really because it’s a different thing. It doesn’t mean that he isn’t unhappy and only wants City. In fact handing in a transfer request and willing to write off a few Million quid of bonuses he is owed to force a move is pretty strong action from someone.

I wouldn’t think we pay bonuses of a few million! We aren’t Man City.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
View attachment 150456
The speed he goes means he plays in three positions on the left at the same time!

He really does.

He started at LCB against Man Utd at home but was as threatening in attacking positions as any player in our team.

A better defensive talent than Wan Bissaka and a better attacking talent than Sancho (on current form).

Unique.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Rumours of £40m but no official bid reported.

Naylor's tweet said that "Brighton won't engage in incremental bid increases" which suggests to me that there has been an incremental bid and Tony/Paul not playing that game.

Especially after City's crap gamesmanship of the low ball bid, feeding their pet twitter troll and the transfer request.

I think they're learning who they're dealing with, the hard way.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Naylor's tweet said that "Brighton won't engage in incremental bid increases" which suggests to me that there has been an incremental bid and Tony/Paul not playing that game.

This is exactly what Burnley did with Stephens. They unsettled him with an initial derisory offer then pathetic increments of £100k or so. That went well for bloody Burnley didn’t it!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I wouldn’t think we pay bonuses of a few million! We aren’t Man City.

Over a 5 year contract it’s not impossible it runs into the millions

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not really because it’s a different thing. It doesn’t mean that he isn’t unhappy and only wants City. In fact handing in a transfer request and willing to write off a few Million quid of bonuses he is owed to force a move is pretty strong action from someone.

The original post on this was has Romano posted our side of this,

He hasn't. He omitted a very pertinent piece of news from a trusted source.
Saying negotiations have stalled is not reporting the event, as negotiations were "stalled" from the minute the £30m offer was received.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

The original post on this was has Romano posted our side of this,

He hasn't. He omitted a very pertinent piece of news from a trusted source.
Saying negotiations have stalled is not reporting the event, as negotiations were "stalled" from the minute the £30m offer was received.

That’s because Barber isn’t / won’t talk to him I imagine! Hence it coming from Naylor

Much like Naylor won’t just rehash stuff from other journalists and uses his own sources to validate stories, same with Romano I guess

Should add surprised they put that story out unless very confident a deal can’t be done. As potentially it falls apart very quickly. So perhaps the Man City high / low price thing is true and Marc exceeds the high price

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Especially after City's crap gamesmanship of the low ball bid, feeding their pet twitter troll and the transfer request.

It could also be read as they won't get engaged with incremental bids from now on.
I think Naylor remarked that Arsenal had basically kept offering a bit more until they got to the number.

We could afford to do this back then, as we had no need to replace White.
Not so this time.

I read it as City have one chance to make a best and final offer.

It could also be the case that the Agent knows what City's top offer is and ishas been making incremental bids for the past 2 weeks.
I can see this approach pissing TB off when the initial comment on the deal was "eye-watering offers only".

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That’s because Barber isn’t / won’t talk to him I imagine! Hence it coming from Naylor

Much like Naylor won’t just rehash stuff from other journalists and uses his own sources to validate stories, same with Romano I guess

Romano tweets the agent’s narrative and Naylor tweets the clubs narrative.

I know my preference!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

But he is in contact with Cucu's agent, who is supposed to facilitate between both sides.
In fact his client's interests is best served in getting the best price possible.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
They got rinsed down the left side yesterday stick another £10m on the price.

Rinsed on the pitch...shortly to be rinsed in the pocket!

Happy days!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Does not make any of them more true or false than the other.

You’ve never met an agent and certainly never met Mr Barber. One of them is more truthful than the other.

In fact the only contact you may have had with Mr Barber is some sort of shocked reply to that truly crazy email you lobbed his way a few years ago!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

It's almost as if City haven't learnt anything from Leeds, Arsenal and Dan Ashworth's new found expertise in Dahlias :lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
he key issue here - as far as we can see - is Bloom wants a circa £40m profit in 12 months…. Our owners didn’t get rich by letting small time Spivs like Bloom take them to the cleaners. We won’t pay north of £50m end of and nor should we.

Nice comment by Bluemoon.

What a horrible group of scum they are.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
he key issue here - as far as we can see - is Bloom wants a circa £40m profit in 12 months…. Our owners didn’t get rich by letting small time Spivs like Bloom take them to the cleaners. We won’t pay north of £50m end of and nor should we.

Nice comment by Bluemoon.

What a horrible group of scum they are.

That's ok...the Muppet is accepting they should pay 50 (plus a few unmentioned add ons)... that's progess :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here