Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Guess they'll be haggling the price even as we speak. TB's poker face, plus the fact that he doesn't want/need to sell the player and the player has the majority of his contract outstanding will work in our favour. On the other hand, he won't want an unhappy/sulking player/asset left on his books either

I think it's been mentoned on this thread before, but worth repeating - Cucerella is on the brink of a place in the Spanish national team, there is a world cup coming up. It wouldn't be in his interests to sulk and underperform. At least for the first half of the season.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Guess they'll be haggling the price even as we speak. TB's poker face, plus the fact that he doesn't want/need to sell the player and the player has the majority of his contract outstanding will work in our favour. On the other hand, he won't want an unhappy/sulking player/asset left on his books either. Deal WILL be done - with all parties coming away feeling they've got a good deal. That's how these things work at this level

There's plenty of experience around the dressing room to have a chat about the situation. The likes of Bruno, Wellbeck and Lallana will be able to talk him out of any sulks.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Doesn’t appear to be with the bulk of players that arrived at the ground

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
True, There are also some over there saying that they should now just pay the £50m. Read Naylor's tweet again lads:- The Albion consider Cucu "a rarer and better player than (£50m) Ben White". In other words £50m won't cut it. I suspect that City's dubious machinations may have now led to the FU tax that I posited may be probable. Their silly scheming seems not only to have failed to reduce the player's price, it may have actually increased it.

Play straight with Tony Bloom.

I’ve been saying we only pick the phone up at 60 since the first story ran in the Mail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's plenty of experience around the dressing room to have a chat about the situation. The likes of Bruno, Wellbeck and Lallana will be able to talk him out of any sulks.

For sure. Doesn't seem like the kind of player to give anything other than his best anyways. Doubt there's anybody with any experience around the dressing room who would hand-on-heart talk him out of the deal tho

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Not a single one of those is/was anywhere near the class act at the highest level that Cucurella is. At this level, life-changing amounts of money for the player and his family (and his agent) trumps all
Yes I’d imagine most people, not all, would move to another town, city or country to double their salary, but if you have signed a contract you can’t just walk away. City have to pay the TB’s valuation or this deal doesn’t happen. The end.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Guess they'll be haggling the price even as we speak. TB's poker face, plus the fact that he doesn't want/need to sell the player and the player has the majority of his contract outstanding will work in our favour. On the other hand, TB won't want a (potentially) unhappy/sulking player/asset left on his books either. Deal WILL be done - with all parties coming away feeling they've got a decent deal. That's how these things work at this level

There is no haggling. Tony Bloom has said Brighton have walked away and stop wasting our time unless you want to pay our valuation. That is exactly what Naylor's tweet said.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For sure. Doesn't seem like the kind of player to give anything other than his best anyways. Doubt there's anybody with any experience around the dressing room who would hand-on-heart talk him out of the deal tho

Bruno. Sanchez has made the Spanish squad, so being at Brighton isn't a hindrance for selection for Spain.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Guess they'll be haggling the price even as we speak. TB's poker face, plus the fact that he doesn't want/need to sell the player and the player has the majority of his contract outstanding will work in our favour. On the other hand, he won't want an unhappy/sulking player/asset left on his books either

Given that our model is to buy young and upcoming stars, rolling over to City on this one would just encourage more of the same next season when they come for Caicedo, or the season after when they fancy Sarmiento, or Enciso. I hope Cucurella gets it explained that Brighton just can't afford to let the mega rich clubs bully them into accepting lower fees than they should pay.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Dropped.

[tweet]1553364789375541250[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here