Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

Everything I read from club suggests we want an offer north of £50m NOT £50m.

‘We value him MORE than Ben White. ‘

I suspect the actual magic number is a lot higher than £50m.

They will only find out if they START the bidding at that number.

Fact is, for whatever reason, City CANT go higher , something is going on there.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I see that City's thread is now full of concern trolls saying that no player will want to sign for us now that Bloom has shown that he won't be a pushover. That will be why nobody has signed for Spurs in the last decade. Palace's hostage taking valuation of Zaha has also prevented them from signing any promising young talent for ages... Hasn't it?

Glad to see that even fans of the richest teams are just like us in imagining the world to be the way they would like it to be.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Is signing a player and then player loaned to Union a definition of excitement? You tell me. Transfers are all part of being a football fan.

This is a potential outgoing player thread, we have had far more potential incoming threads on players, some of them even became real incoming players, a very exciting lad called Enciso this summer, probably would have been done in January and loaned back to the selling club till this summer as Undav was, if we could have got the deal done then. Not sure what you are looking for?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Will be interesting to see if we’ve since retracted our offer of a new deal or have improved on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Everything I read from club suggests we want an offer north of £50m NOT £50m.

‘We value him MORE than Ben White. ‘

I suspect the actual magic number is a lot higher than £50m.

They will only find out if they START the bidding at that number.

Fact is, for whatever reason, City CANT go higher , something is going on there.

This is the way I see it as well. They've been paying out 50 million plus deals like confetti for nearly a decade. I also think there's something behind the scenes, maybe some internal wrangling in the Abu Dhabi state investment fund or something. On some level I also think City fans know that something is a bit odd about this saga and in part I think that explains the terse reaction. They must know that 30 million was never going to tempt us

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I see that City's thread is now full of concern trolls saying that no player will want to sign for us now that Bloom has shown that he won't be a pushover. That will be why nobody has signed for Spurs in the last decade. Palace's hostage taking valuation of Zaha has also prevented them from signing any promising young talent for ages... Hasn't it?

Glad to see that even fans of the richest teams are just like us in imagining the world to be the way they would like it to be.

Well done for your post and is pretty much exactly how I feel.

This talk of players not joining us because we wont let them go, is totally out of proportion with reality.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
This is the way I see it as well. They've been paying out 50 million plus deals like confetti for nearly a decade. I also think there's something behind the scenes, maybe some internal wrangling in the Abu Dhabi state investment fund or something. On some level I also think City fans know that something is a bit odd about this saga and in part I think that explains the terse reaction. They must know that 30 million was never going to tempt us

I know they got that Haaland ( ?) player relatively cheaply, but how much are they paying for his wages to have signed him so easily..? I bet it,s absolutely massive.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think it helps we have a poker player as a chairman. I bet Bloom is absolutely hard-ball when it comes to negotiating.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Transfer request was clearly a game-changer. It's inevitable now. Ah well, the player with the big flair hair smashing one past De Gea then promptly bursting into tears will live long in the memory. It's right up there with Ali J's overhead kick v Chelsea half a day into the new decade. Might not mean all that much in the grand scheme of things but f**k me right there right then it felt like the best thing in the world :bowdown: :bowdown:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Transfer request was clearly a game-changer. It's inevitable now. Ah well, the player with the big flair hair smashing one past De Gea then promptly bursting into tears will live long in the memory. It's right up there with Ali J's overhead kick v Chelsea half a day into the new decade. Might not mean all that much in the grand scheme of things but f**k me right there right then it felt like the best thing in the world :bowdown: :bowdown:

What's inevitable?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Will be interesting to see if we’ve since retracted our offer of a new deal or have improved on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I think a new deal offer is likely off the table after he put a transfer request in.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

You could put the boot on the other foot and say that City simply MUST pay what we want now, otherwise other players they try to tap up and encourage putting in a transfer request will be thinking twice in the future.

They are beginning to look like mugs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Is Dunk still here? Did Elliott Bennett go when he handed in his transfer request and Dale Stephens? No, they went the following year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here