Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Wasn't the last one Ali J flight tracking etc, shame he was pants.

Ha ha . I see the goal posts moving again.
Do you actually mean a thread of > x number of posts, your specific definition of “exciting” , a “forward player”, who doesn’t turn out to be “pants” ? Etc

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

A9010BB4-BDB4-4B5A-8106-D46C23513FDD.jpeg

:lolol:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
But that’s simply a technicality. 99% of clubs aren’t going to give a player permission to talk unless they’re sure their valuation will be met. Here we’re very much saying that they are miles off so Cucerella won’t have been able to agree personal terms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think club talks to agent ro see if playerwould be intrested and howmuch he will be paid, If player agree then they make fornal transfer bid

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Would be nice to have a summer thread about an exciting incoming player rather than outgoing ones for a change.

Darwin Nunez? I was tempted to bounce the Calleri thread for you, lets hope this Cucurella saga turns out the same way for City as that one did for us.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’ve fought a good fight on Twitter but I’ve run out of energy, City fans are a blinkered bunch delusional *****. They haven’t got their way so are desperately trying to insult the club. It would have been fitting if they had named one of their stands the (Colin) Bell End.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How realistic is Football Manager in these cases?

Is a price discussed with the player like in the game? i.e. has a discussion been had about an acceptable bid before Cuc can move? I had kind of assumed it had. But then the transfer request (if it actually happened) seems to suggest that this discussion hasn't been had.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I’ve fought a good fight on Twitter but I’ve run out of energy, City fans are a blinkered bunch delusional *****. They haven’t got their way so are desperately trying to insult the club. It would have been fitting if they had named one of their stands the (Colin) Bell End.

I get the feeling that most of their fans on Twitter would have no idea who Colin Bell is.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Ha ha . I see the goal posts moving again.
Do you actually mean a thread of > x number of posts, your specific definition of “exciting” , a “forward player”, who doesn’t turn out to be “pants” ? Etc
Is signing a player and then player loaned to Union a definition of excitement? You tell me. Transfers are all part of being a football fan.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
He has binned off his dad as his agent this week.

Whether that means we will pursue him again remains to be seen.

Either way with no preseason he is going to be weeks away from first team action

Just seen a tweet showing his new agent has started following the official Brighton page as of yesterday.
Almost certainly means bugger all but could be the start of other rumours.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
How realistic is Football Manager in these cases?

Is a price discussed with the player like in the game? i.e. has a discussion been had about an acceptable bid before Cuc can move? I had kind of assumed it had. But then the transfer request (if it actually happened) seems to suggest that this discussion hasn't been had.

Different clubs operate in different ways...

Most (initial) transfer talks these days are done over WhatsApp. I could imagine Ferran/Txiki sending messages like "£35m?" and Weir responding with laughing smileys rather mentioning any specific fee that he & Bloom wants.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Different clubs operate in different ways...

Most (initial) transfer talks these days are done over WhatsApp. I could imagine Ferran/Txiki sending messages like "£35m?" and Weir responding with laughing smileys rather mentioning any specific fee that he & Bloom wants.

I meant between club and player. "If they offer 50 mil you can go"

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Is signing a player and then player loaned to Union a definition of excitement? You tell me. Transfers are all part of being a football fan.

You said it would be nice to have some threads about incoming players “ for a change. “ There have been literally hundreds of them .
But Now you’re talking about actual signings not threads on NSC . Well There’s been dozens of them too .
Of course If you want to debate whether signing Vicente was more exciting than signing Enciso or Caicedo or Welbeck or Trossard - then I think I agree with you - it was ! - but it’s always hard to tell ha ha.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I meant between club and player. "If they offer 50 mil you can go"

It happens. Not sure if TB plays it that way though... he is pretty ruthless when it comes to business, it seems.

Not sure anyone except TB and DW knows how much City would have to pay to get Cucurella.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It is alleged that when they go into a deal they m have a low price and high price and won’t exceed that. It’ll be interesting to know what their ‘high’ price for Cucu is and if it’s above £50M

It happens. Not sure if TB plays it that way though... he is pretty ruthless when it comes to business, it seems.

Not sure anyone except TB and DW knows how much City would have to pay to get Cucurella.

Extremely private. Values loyalty. Very small circle of trusted lieutenants. Absolutely GRANITE

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He has called it exactly right. Terms agreed, player wants to go, city not bidding enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can terms be agreed, he's not even allowed to talk to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here