Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No idea if there’s any truth in the rumour of Spurs now sniffing for Cucurella but it seems quite likely. If anyone thinks City might actually get him for their laughable £30m, I imagine they’ll face a fair bit of competition. Which is great as it can only push the price up to a more realistic level.

It certainly should prompt somebody to think they can come in with a better offer. Trouble is, when did somebody last do that for a Brighton player (and I'm not counting our lads out for the season to League 1 or 2)?

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Would be most gratifying if they did! Bluemoon striving to be even more touchy about discussion than L**ds on their FreeBenWhite campaign, or a certain bunch if c**ts up the road!

Genuinely puzzled why Citeh are being so c**tish with this transfer, Their normal price for a FB in the Pep era is £40M to 60M - why do they think the step up they want at LB should cost about half that? Is there some historic grudge that they are holding against us? Can't think of one.

Guardiola's stance on SSN is ingenuous to say the least. The likes of Liverpool - or even Arsenal, Spurs ir United - wouldn't sink to City's level.

Prob not happy when we beat them 3-2, remember how we kicked them off the pitch and disgracefull potter was celebrating us scoring in front of pep when he should have been bowing and cleaning his shoes.

Must admit in Peps p c he looked awkward when asked about the Cucu transfer.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Would be most gratifying if they did! Bluemoon striving to be even more touchy about discussion than L**ds on their FreeBenWhite campaign, or a certain bunch if c**ts up the road!

Genuinely puzzled why Citeh are being so c**tish with this transfer, Their normal price for a FB in the Pep era is £40M to 60M - why do they think the step up they want at LB should cost about half that? Is there some historic grudge that they are holding against us? Can't think of one.

Guardiola's stance on SSN is ingenuous to say the least. The likes of Liverpool - or even Arsenal, Spurs ir United - wouldn't sink to City's level.

Prob not happy when we beat them 3-2, remember how we kicked them off the pitch and disgracefull potter was celebrating us scoring in front of pep when he should have been bowing and cleaning his shoes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

TBF, even a lot of Bluemoon reckoned that 'kicking them off the pitch' bollocks that Pep muttered in the heat of the moment was just bollocks. IIRC, there was only one tackle in that match which was a borderline red card - and that wasn't committed by a Brighton player!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
TBF, even a lot of Bluemoon reckoned that 'kicking them off the pitch' bollocks that Pep muttered in the heat of the moment was just bollocks. IIRC, there was only one tackle in that match which was a borderline red card - and that wasn't committed by a Brighton player!

Well, there was that very naughty knee high tackle by Jahanbakhsh on Gundogan who was injured and forced off soon after.

20220730_002904.jpg

I think that one tackle is the source of their ire.

But other than that, the match wasn't particularly dirty.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, there was that very naughty knee high tackle by Jahanbakhsh on Gundogan who was injured and forced off soon after.

I think that one tackle is the source of thier ire.

But other than that, the match wasn't particularly dirty.

OK, Fairy nuff - I thought there was one that went the other way, but Jahanbakhsh was one hell of a liabiity! One of our best moves has been to get rid of him. Unfortunately, buyng him wasn't such a good idea! Even Little Percy was less of a liability (and didn't cost as much)!

Juat need to find a new home for Andone now ................... Might not be easy!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I know these things get lost in the mist of time but doesn't he have some form here.

I seem to remember when we came calling with his previous club their Chairman swore he wasn't for sale and wouldn't be leaving. Shortly after he got dropped from the first team squad and trained separately.

Eventually Getafe caved but how much was due to our persuasive tones and how much was down to Cucu being a tosser with his club we can't be sure.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

No. He had £15m release fee. Getafe didn’t cave at any point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is giving City a deadline to pay the full asking price or Albion walk away from the deal an option?

I.E meet the asking price by 10 August or the deal won’t be done even if City then agree. Why should we potentially leave ourselves a player short if City agree at the 11th hour not giving us the time to bring a player in. Pointless bringing one in City might walk away themselves late in the day.

We are being pissed about over a player we don’t want or need to sell.

Maybe I am being very naive :shrug:

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I can't be bothered to read this thread. It pretty well epitomises everything that is wrong with football today. Brand name clubs unsettling rival players and buying trophies. I couldn't possibly loathe citeh any more than I already do.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Is giving City a deadline to pay the full asking price or Albion walk away from the deal an option?

I.E meet the asking price by 10 August or the deal won’t be done even if City then agree. Why should we potentially leave ourselves a player short if City agree at the 11th hour not giving us the time to bring a player in. Pointless bringing one in City might walk away themselves late in the day.

Good call for me, however if they then offer £65m does that bring us back to the table?

I like the idea Spurs may be interested

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

This is the most sensible and pragmatic approach. It says we’re willing if our terms are met but we won’t be dictated to. We NEED to replace Cucu and will need time to do so. Losing our POTS is one thing but losing him close to deadline day would be painful. We need to just ensure that whatever happens we are in control. If city want him they have to play by our rules.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Not naïve at all. I would be surprised if there hasn't already been a conversation along those lines, all part of the game.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I can't be bothered to read this thread. It pretty well epitomises everything that is wrong with football today. Brand name clubs unsettling rival players and buying trophies. I couldn't possibly loathe citeh any more than I already do.

As someone posted earlier, it just makes the PL even more pointless really, and demoralising for the likes of us. Oh for the NFL draft system, or something similar.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would be nice to have a summer thread about an exciting incoming player rather than outgoing ones for a change.

We had one of those with CMS, seems a very long time ago, it was exciting though

We also had Murray and Zamora coming back, much more effective players but nowhere near as exciting for me

The more successful we are the more this will happen. Think Southampton a few years ago. This Cucu sage reminds me of VVD and Lallana forcing the issues there

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Marc Cucurella *SINGS on a five-year contract*

Would be nice to have a summer thread about an exciting incoming player rather than outgoing ones for a change.

Arguably, we don’t really need additions to our squad.

I’ve a feeling that Enciso, Mitoma and Sarmiento are going to provide a lot of excitement this season.

That said, if more players are leaving (and even if they are not for the first two), I’d like to see these four brought in as replacements:

Burn - Zagadou: +£13m
Bissouma- Grillitsch: +£35m
Cucurella - Sergio Gomez: +£30m
Maupay - Kalajdzic (-£8m)

Probably looking at a £70m+ profit as well.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Can we get one thing clear here

Some guy on this thread just made up that spurs are in the mix now and everyone has latched on to this !!!

There is no internet rumours , nothing , to suggest spurs are interested.

Spurs are not interested.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Are you serious? We’ve had loads of exciting incoming players over the last 10 years - this literally is a summer thread about an exciting incoming player!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here