[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
There's wanting the move, and there's not wanting to piss off everyone around you in case it doesn't happen. I don't know the guy any more than you do. It is unusual these days for players to go public with transfer requests, albeit I am sure many do so behind close doors. It went badly for Dale Stephens with what looked very like a club written grovelling apology at the end.

I recall Barber saying recently that the club are mindful of what players want (think Mooy and Burn, for example). Sure, Cucu wants the move, I am not arguing that. What I am suggesting is that the tactic of publicly asking for a transfer looks risky and at the very least made with agent's approval.

Im sure his agent would of consulted City in regards to transfer request, im also sure city would have given them both some assurances that a deal will be done. Bloom just needs to hold his nerve.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We got Nunez? Didn't think we had, somehow ................................

lso, we offered the same as Benfica; the player then made his choice. No, I don't think we employed FB wannabee hacks to unsettle the player. Next question.......................
Do you really believe that? Knowing how the club do business there is no way TB went straight in at £25m for a player playing second division Spanish football.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Im sure his agent would of consulted City in regards to transfer request, im also sure city would have given them both some assurances that a deal will be done. Bloom just needs to hold his nerve.

Yep. Transfer request makes it awkward for City now IMO…….they will have encouraged this so now have an obligation to Marc to follow it through. Bloom will absolutely rinse them.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
For me it looks like Manchester City may be in a bit of FFP bother, they have all the riches in the world, they could pay £100m tomorrow if they wanted, but they aren't. Why? I can only think its to do with FPP.

They have been selling lots of players including 6 of their womens team, some are internationals too.

Why?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They have been selling lots of players including 6 of their womens team, some are internationals too.

Why?

They've pulled in £75M on sales out this summer so far. If they needed to they could get another £30-£35M for Ake if they weren't overpricing their own assetts whilst thinking they could knock down other clubs. asking prices.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yep. Transfer request makes it awkward for City now IMO…….they will have encouraged this so now have an obligation to Marc to follow it through. Bloom will absolutely rinse them.

Agreed. They’ll probably end up paying more than they could of got him for before all these games!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Interesting reports from this evening say Everton have agreed a deal with the player just the fee to go.

Just seen that. Surprising when they’ve just got McNeil and Vinagre.

3 relegated Burnley players including Tarkowski to add to a squad that nearly got relegated themselves and a manager totally out of his depth. Another tough season incoming for Everton I think.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agreed. They’ll probably end up paying more than they could of got him for before all these games!

Would be most gratifying if they did! Bluemoon striving to be even more touchy about discussion than L**ds on their FreeBenWhite campaign, or a certain bunch if c**ts up the road!

Genuinely puzzled why Citeh are being so c**tish with this transfer, Their normal price for a FB in the Pep era is £40M to 60M - why do they think the step up they want at LB should cost about half that? Is there some historic grudge that they are holding against us? Can't think of one.

Guardiola's stance on SSN is ingenuous to say the least. The likes of Liverpool - or even Arsenal, Spurs ir United - wouldn't sink to City's level.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If Pep is saying they’re ok without Cucurella as they’ve got Nathan Ake ........ that’s hilarious. You want the player. Pay the money. You need the player .... let’s face it. Pay the effin money. Let’s all move on.

They have him still because Chelsea actually did walk away when they didn't meet City's (£50M allegedly) valuation.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

3 relegated Burnley players including Tarkowski to add to a squad that nearly got relegated themselves and a manager totally out of his depth. Another tough season incoming for Everton I think.
The three best Burnley players, TBF. The ones who nearly kept Burnley up. Couple of them wouldn't have been unwelcome down here. Not saying we should have gone for them, but wouldn't have been throwing toys out of the pram if we had.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The three best Burnley players, TBF. The ones who nearly kept Burnley up. Couple of them wouldn't have been unwelcome down here. Not saying we should have gone for them, but wouldn't have been throwing toys out of the pram if we had.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
No idea if there’s any truth in the rumour of Spurs now sniffing for Cucurella but it seems quite likely. If anyone thinks City might actually get him for their laughable £30m, I imagine they’ll face a fair bit of competition. Which is great as it can only push the price up to a more realistic level.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I suppose that getting involved I this kind of nonsense has always been the plan. We knew he was going and these are the negotiation strategies that are used. We just get the best deal we can, Bloom and the others are the best people to get the best deal.

All the tears, hearts and badge kissing are looking hollow now though

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports